Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Primary

So in my ward I am currently the Sunbeams teacher, which I absolutely love because kids are funny and weird. Anyways, on Sunday we were sitting in Sharing Time and I had a little girl named Harmony on my lap. Out of nowhere she decides to let one rip; it wasn't totally loud or stinky or anything, but it totally just grossed me out because I could feel it on my lap! (Make a throw up sound in your head because that's what I did but I don't know how to spell that sound!) So then a little bit later I looked down and realized that Harmony had snot running down to her lip, so I grabbed the bottom of her dress and wiped her nose with it. Usually I would feel kind of bad doing this, but since I had seen her picking her nose earlier and wiping it on her dress, I figured that a little more snot couldn't hurt, right?! So then, I also had Catie sitting next to me, and Catie bites her fingernails like crazy, which makes me laugh because she is three and already has such a bad habit. So I had my hand on her lap because she is generally quite entertained by my rings or watch or bracelet and it keeps her quiet. So she was messing with my jewelry and then she picks up my hand and kind of brushes it along her lips, and before I realized it, she was nibbling on my fingernails! It was so funny but not enough for me to let her keep going. That's all. I love my primary kids, they are hilarious.

2 comments:

Brent and Brooke said...

That story is so sick, but hilarious at the same time. I cant wait for Brent and I to start teaching primary now! P.S. You have the sweetest blog I have ever seen. Ever.

Kelli said...

Dang it. I wasn't the first to comment on this one...SO funny though. I was reading it at work and trying really hard not to laugh out loud, since it is quiet as death around here, and everyone can already hear my every move. Someone told me to stop blinking so loudly because it was bugging him. Just kidding. But you are funny.