Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Thanks Dad...

Hola familia, so I've realized more and more lately how much I am like Melvin. Shoot we're practically twins. So I thought I would make a list of things I have inherited from him, genitcally or just habitually, all from our favorite Melvie. Feel free to make your own list, it's actually really fun, or Aly, you can make a list of what you got from Mom, that would include her cute ankles, jerk.

From Mel to Mel: his name because I'm the favorite, his diet pepsi addiction, his hotdog eyes, his teeth and the way we grind them, his legs, his Jones booty, his lead foot aka need for speed aka driving record, his love of reading, his sweat glands (awesome huh?), his hair - which includes my crazy arm hair, his smarts (only sometimes for me), his love of driving, his procrastination, his love for Costco, his expensive taste, his dislike of talking on the phone, his hands, his criticism, his nerdy sense of humor, his wake up face - where people can tell if we've taken a nap in the past five hours, his deep sleeping, his love of afternoon naps, his non-enthusiasm for exercising (keep up the good work with the eliptical), his sensibility/realistic -ness, his love of music, his innie belly button - sorry that the rest of you got outies :), his work ethic - at least I think so, his love for ColdStone, um... I think that that's all I can think of right now. Anywho, Dad's awesome, maybe we should call him (guess what show?). But for reals, he's a champ. I love you cats! Have a great day!

6 comments:

The Jones Fam said...

So when I was reading this and you said "his criticism", I mistakenly thought it said "his circumcision". I have to admit I was a little confused for a little bit. I hope this posting makes everyone uncomfortable... just like when I sang a song to my 8-year-old primary class during a lesson one time. Awesome.
Jake

Sara! said...

Jake, pervert.

MeL said...

Jake is a perrrv, sing that in a taunting voice...

nicole and kevin said...

So I am super grossed out that you know what dad's belly button looks like. I think you two worked in the same office too long!
Kev

Kelli said...

Hahaha. Your family is funny. And you are funny. I'd rather not think of the ways that I'm similar to my dad...I think it would be too scary. But I'm glad that you've embraced your similarities. Good for you.

Kirk and Aly said...

I think I got a ton of those fun Mel-isms too. I for sure got his wake up face, lead foot, hating to talk on the phone, and his addiction to Diet Pepsi- oh wait, maybe that came from Tanya Kish. Thanks for putting that together for us Miss!