Friday, May 18, 2007

Weekend Update

So last night I went to a baby shower for Philip's friend Lindsi. Well, I suppose she is my friend too, but I was maybe super nervous because I hadn't ever been to something like this without Philip going with me. I was totally excited that they did think to invite me, but you know me, always a little/a lot unsure of myself. Anyways, I decided that as long as my present was cute, I would survive. Unfortunately it didn't turn out as cute as I wanted it to, but the fact that it was pink polka dots helped my cause a lot. Here's what it looked like, sorry it's blurry. Then today I was thinking that I would paint my bedroom because it is this not so cute green that I thought I would really like two years ago when I first painted, but it just looks like trash on my walls, so I have been dying to repaint it. However, since I never did get around to choosing a color for our extra bedroom, it never did get a color at all, and Philip was very sweet about me repainting the kitchen last summer after getting tired of that color after a year, but he laid down the law this summer and told me that I couldn't repaint our room until I painted the extra bedroom. Sooooo, here's my dilemma, any ideas for colors? I was thinking like a mauve-ish color for my room, (don't think mauve like 1997 mauve fingernail polish, I saw it in Pottery Barn and it looked really pretty) and I've got nothing for the extra bedroom. I was thinking blue at one point, but I already have two blue rooms in my house. Our front bathroom: which yes, really is that color with hot pink and white towels. Don't I have the nicest husband in the world that lets me do kind of weird colors and whatever my little color loving heart desires at the moment? Yeah, Philip's awesome, maybe we should call him. Anyways, then I have this bright, light blue in our living room: which is looking a little bit grey in the picture, hopefully your monitor is better than mine. So yeah, already have two blues, a grey, and the green that will be repainted. So does anyone have any ideas for either of the rooms? Mind you that we have dark furniture in both, not black but like the cherry/mahogany/espresso color-ish. I just had the thought of doing the extra bedroom a turquoisy, kind of like the tiffany's bag color. Yes? Anywho, I would love any input that anyone may have. Alright, now that I have typed your ears off, I need to go. Project Friday awaits, which went from being painting my house to making baby shower invites for Chris and Beth's shower! Hooray! I'm excited! Anywho, have a fabulous weekend!

8 comments:

HooHoo said...

I know you didn't ask Grandma and Grandpa Huber but Grandpa has some bright yellow mustard paint that would definately make a statement. I bet he'd be happy to come and help you too. Personally, I think the turquoise color would be great. I love Alyson's girls' rooms, so be bold and do something fun. Then two years down the road who knows, maybe you'll be ready to paint again.

The Fletchies said...

My family room is a dark turqoiseish color but I have all black furniture. I think the color choice is good but I dont know how it would match with the dark cherry furniture...thats all.

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

My vote is for this pear green that I painted my room. I=obsessed with it.

Grace Ryan said...

hey you should check out Becca Danielson's house. Her second bedroom is a cute color (I can't remember) but it's way cute. I love how she decorated it...anyway, you are creative so I think you would do a great job regardless. Good Luck!

Unknown said...

So, at Lindsi's shower, I kept trying to wave to you across the room, but every time I tried, you weren't looking, so I would do those half-waves where it ends in me combing my fingers through my hair or something so that no one thinks I'm waving to nobody (but really, everyone knows what's going on).

Alisse Baldwin said...

Painting-again? Ok Martha Stewart, you're too funny. I love your little creative whims.

You know you want your room painted hot pink, so just do it already.

angiedunn said...

oh, you are a woman after my own heart. ask myron, i really like to paint and then decide the next year/month/week/day that i want it a different color. i think i painted our last house {entirely} at least twice, maybe three times. i'm all about your cute blues! um, and i say go for the turquoise!! that'd be adorable. i too, am busy deciding on paint colors for my casa. i could be the most indecisive person on the face of the planet!! good luck...i'm sure it will be cute, of course...{and t.d.f. gift wrapping job by the way!!!} late!

Anonymous said...

l0ve the 'tiffany' blue! our room is somewhat similar....darker, and more green? so maybe its not all that similar, but i LOVE it! on my blog, its the post called saturday fun (of my skirt) the background is the color of our room.