Sunday, May 20, 2007

Two down, 846 kajillion to go!

Has it really been two whole years since this glorious day? It sure has and let me tell you, if I thought I was lucky then, I now know for sure that I truly am the luckiest girl in the whole wide universe.
Today being our anniversary, we have done quite a bit of celebrating this weekend. We have been eating lots of delicious food, saw a movie, went to a show, ate more food, watched some baseball games, done a bit of shopping, oh and get this, this morning I made breakfast, which I'm pretty sure is the first time I've done that since....oh....maybe like November or December? Yes, that alone is reason to celebrate. Anywho, the most fabulous part of it all is that I have been able to spend like the past 48+ hours with my adorable babe, without any stress or interruptions, which has been sheer bliss if you ask me!
Anywho, I thought that in the spirit of the season I would tell you all just how lucky I am and give you a couple reasons to love Philip as much as I do.
Here goes:
he is hilarious, but in a very smart way so everything is just always very clever, very Arrested Development, Jon Stewart, and It's Always Sunny in Philidelphia type humor;
he does however stoop down to my toilet humor level sometimes and gives me a hearty pity laugh;
he always smells so very delicious;
he is so very organized and borderline OCD and loves things to be presented in a organized manner;
he loves to dress up and look nice;
he likes nice clothes;
he coordinates every aspect of his outfits like you wouldn't believe;
he still opens my door, and as far as I can tell, isn't stopping anytime soon;
he is just so smart and doesn't judge me when I have to ask him what things mean all the time;
he is the ultimate Melissa-opposite, which makes our relationship very odd and absolutely perfect at the same time;
he lets me do all the decorating and will only give me an opinion if I ask for it;
he picks out my clothes and does a better job at it than I do;
he isn't afraid to speak his mind;
he's down right attractive;
he has the cutest eyes I've seen in my entire life;
he constantly says to me, "You're so pretty, babe.";
and lastly, he loves me. A lot. I have not yet figured out why, but he lets me know it on a very regular basis despite my absolute craziness and the many many not awesome things about me. Yes yes, I really am the luckiest girl in the entire world!
Happy Anniversary to me and Philip!
P.S. Just so we're all on the same page, these are obviously not the only reasons I love my sweet husband, these are just the first 18 or so things that come to mind, and this posting was already getting kind of long, so I gave you the very very very abbreviated version!

11 comments:

Alisse Baldwin said...

Congrats Miss and Philip! I know your marriage was "on the rocks" there for a while, so I am glad to see you made it to the 2 year mark. Ok, TOTALLY kidding for everyone who doesn't know that Kev used to tell that to people when he was sick of peop,e asking him how Mel and Phil were liking married life. Now that we are at the 2 year mark, do you think Relief Society ladies will stop asking how "married life" is and/or how being "an old married woman" is? I sure do hope so. Anyway, congrats! I'm so happy that you guys are happy! :)

Disclaimer: I really did want to wait for Kelli to comment first, but I am on here now- and wanted to say this ON your anniversary!

Disclaimer part 2: I learned to constantly give disclaimers from you, Mel. Thanks. And I'm sure Scott says thanks, too. {AKA- he'll want to kill you when he finds out it was you that started it.}

Alisse Baldwin said...

Ok, whoa- didn't realize I had written a 40 chapter novel.

And sorry to make you think you had comments from 2 people, when really from only 1 not-at-all-cool person.

angiedunn said...

congrats guys...i knew it was comin' up! what a cute post. way to have the cutest wedding photo ever! oh, and seriously, could the above comments be any funnier? i want alisse to visit my blog!! ha!

Anonymous said...

beautiful, as always! congrats!

HooHoo said...

May I add that you both still look just as great. Congrats on all your landmarks these past two years. You're an amazing team. Keep it up. Happy Eternity! Love, Mom

Alisse Baldwin said...

2 years huh? So, when are you guys gonna start having babies?

Just kidding.

Anonymous said...

yay, i am happy to hear i am a victim of blog stalking! i stalk yours almost everyday, creepy? maybe. but i have to read your "really really ridiculously good looking" and funny/random blogs and the hilarious comments that your fans give you. i cant help myself. i am rather nosey. anyhow, thanks for the comments. the burp cloths are my fav. thing to make, so easy! anyway, can't wait to see what you end up painting your rooms! happing stalking ;)
oh, hey, i have been meaning to ask if you talk to tasha much? i saw her a few months ago, and we exchanged numbers, but i have been a slacker and haven't called her..whoops!

Anonymous said...

i meant "happy" not "happing" what the heck is that about?! ;)

Kirk and Aly said...

Good for you guys! I don't really want to know what else "quite a bit of celebrating" entails, but I hope you guys had fun! Being married rocks!

Kelli said...

Yay marriage.

Alisse Baldwin said...

You went to a Reuben's concert? Dang. I never know about those anymore. My mom/sisters would like to think I'm out of the "band/concert" stage, but I still love it. How do you hear about shows?