Friday, May 25, 2007
Phase 1 of Extreme Makeover...
...Home edition. I'm sure you all thought I was talking about my own extreme makeover that I think will start with a Brazilian Butt Lift. TMI. Sorry. Anyways, we painted yesterday! Hooray for color! Thanks especially to Brooke and Sara for all their help, Oakley, Liz and Brynny for the comic relief, and Aly for the delicious as always Taco Bell. Anyways, so I've got lots of pictures, but my camera/computer is being ornery and I can't seem to get them from one to the other, and since I am so not tech-savvy, we'll wait until Philip gets home.
Then last night we talked to Jason about molding and whatnot and that got us all excited, so we ripped out all of the baseboards and casing in our extra bedroom and today I am tackling our room. I feel like such a handy man with my crowbar (sp?), hammer and razor blade. I seriously need like a tool belt or something because holding on to all of those when on a stool isn't fun, as I almost lost a toe this morning when the razor blade slipped out from the waistband of my basketball shorts, which is what I was trying to pass off as a pocket. Man, where are my cargo pants or shorts from 7-9th grade when I really need them?
And in case you were wondering, life is good today because the lady that helped me at the post office yesterday had her zipper down. :) I'm 12.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
hmmm...i must be quite the stalker since i usually make it to numer 85 on the "comments" list, but happen to be numero uno today. must i say your blog is funny as usual, and i cant wait to see the pictures of your exteme makeover, home edition, not butt edition...man, could we not all use one of those!
You're right. Sitting on stool is not fun at all.
Jake
So now that you are all manly, you must create a man name for yourself. When Laura and I changed her taillight, she was Lawrence and I was Emilio. Because we were doing man work!
Doesn't she already have a man name---- "Mel"
Melvin
ok so i am so glad you posted something on mine and said you were a blog stalker cause i totally am but i try to keep it secret. i have already been to your blog and love your new hair cut but i didnt want to say that cause i didnt know how you would feel about me posting something :) anyways - great haircut, you are quite the handy man and after reading your posts - i think i love phillip too :)
i'm totally excited to see the phase two pics...as i'm sure it'll be adorable, and i will want to copy it. the end.
Good Job on the anniversary and the home improvements, I can still smell the elephant dung, and heat from 2 years ago. We too have been doing home improvements as well, we got a swamp cooler installed so beth wont die this summer (since by herself she is really super hot) and we went to IKEA and got lil susan a crib, changing table and stuff. (Yes we have an IKEA now, so we wont drag you guys there for 4 hours when in AZ and wont make Kev bake a pastrami sandwich in his car, making kev's toots a relief from the baked pastrami smell). Beth had a PBJ and mac n cheese in their cafeteria, I had, you guessed it since im the recovering veggie- meatballs. Which reminds me, so the other day we were coming back from Sandy, and getting onto the freeway and this guy on a motorcycle tried to get on before us so he was one of those guys that thought he was super neat with his leather vest, bandana, his sunglasses and his mustache (which I could do but would look like Jon's 'friend' from Garfield) (refer to comment on Kev's)and you guessed it, on a harley, and if he could have, he would have had truck nutz behind his license plate, so he tried to be super neat when he looked at us as he accelerated to merge past, then before he got on the freeway, on the on ramp, a duck was trying to land and almost hit him in the head and he almost crashed and was swerving all over the road and I almost laughed my face off! It was awesome! I went home and drank milk and it still went out my nose like an hour later even though I wasnt even laughing, in homage to how awesome it was. The only thing I'm trying to figure out was whether that was the perfect situation to yell out "Duck!" or just the opposite, and if so, should I have yelled out "Person!"? I guess it depends on the intended audience. Anyhoo, we got the garden all in so get ready for some hot tomato action later this summer! See you soon, I've gotta get back to studying.
Emily- can you and Laurence change my tail light? Seriously... I don't know how.
Jake
Seriously, tail lights/car work is way harder than like house stuff. I'm very impressed. And yes, as my mom mentioned, my man name is always Melvin, and not so clever since it is so close to begin with. Waah, my name is almost a boy name.
And Tod! Hooray for you commenting! I was so excited when I saw your comment today, and then I went to everyone else in our family's blogs to read your comment on theirs too. And I promise that I won't tell Bethy that you are almost blogging, but congrats on the crib for Suzy Q, and the DUCK! story made me laugh and almost snort milk as well, especially the truck nuts part. I've been contemplating long and hard who's car I could put truck nuts on, but have not yet come to a good conclusion. Anyways, I'm excited that you're commenting now, which is halfway to blogging for real, and by the way, have you seen your shower invites yet? Sara is amazing, that's all I have to say!
Post a Comment