Friday, June 1, 2007

OODLES OF PICTURES!!!

Though I have not yet figured out why my computer was being ornery, I at least figured out where it was hiding my pictures and after a lot of coaxing, a couple of swear word initals, and like 7 hours this morning, I got all the pictures you will ever, and never really did want. So let's get started with my little pictorial tour...
I painted my rooms these colors, kind of a last second decision that I'm pretty sure I'm the only one that appreciated, which was apparent after my mom came over to see the colors and when she saw the green in the paint tray she said, "Don't tell me that's the color you painted!" It was, and she didn't mean that in a mean way, I think it just popped out before she realized it. So after a couple days I decided that maybe it would be a good idea to tone it down, so I went and got more paint, and then did stripes. And I'm happy to say that it turned out fabulously, and even if you don't love it, I don't care, because I do, and Philip was impressed saying that it is the cutest circus tent he has ever seen! :) Love ya babe.
Back to painting day one: These are the hilarious kiddos that provided a much needed break during the painting day:
Probably my favorite pictures of the day; I'm not sure what they were doing, but the sequence of pictures makes me laugh every time I see them.
Then as previously mentioned, we ripped out the base and casing in the extra bedroom that night, which was so so so fun.
And that was pretty much it for the housey part of the weekend. Then we also got a Wii, which I wasn't nearly as excited about as Philip, but I have learned to love it as well. And I for sure would be lying if I said that my arm wasn't totally sore from bowling and playing tennis! I am amazing at both!
On Monday morning since we all had it off, we had a birthday breakfast for Lizzie, which I was totally excited about since I wasn't able to attend any birthday breakfasts for like the four months that I had stupid Saturday school. Worst mistake ever, don't ever take a Saturday class, no matter what. Anyways, mom gave Lizzie a slip and slide and two swimsuits, which she insisted on trying on right then. And since she did, so did Brynny, over her clothes.
Random pictures of me and Brynn. Brynn is cute and Sara said that the way the lighting was with the curtains and camera moving, it looks like I have Kendra hair. If you know what Kendra hair is, isn't that hilariously true? If you don't, good for you.
Later that day, Sara and I had to go shopping for a table for the consult room in the office, and Oakley came with and was such a champ. I think I told Sara like 800 times that day how much I love her baby.
And lastly for the day, in true Memorial Day fashion, we went to a barbeque/swim at Philip's sister's house. Our nephew Rockwell has finally decided that he will smile at me, and Jennifer is so very hilarious, and a little cheeky in this picture!
And that's it! Sorry there are like a billion, but this isn't even all that I have! It was such a fun and crazy busy weekend but honestly I'm kind of excited that this weekend my to do list consists of laundry, cleaning my house, and learning how to switch out the ugly light switches and outlets in the back of my house. Piece of cake! Have a good one everyone, I hope you enjoyed the picures! And remember that life is good today because I'm not going to throw my computer out the window anymore!

8 comments:

HooHoo said...

Circus Tent! Is not! Come on, I'm not even that mean. I really like the stripes and think everything looks brand spanking new. I'm proud of you for your hard work. Your entertainment last weekend looks pretty fun. I'm so glad you girls do things together even if my water cooler serves as a habitat for humanity or mud cave.

Alisse Baldwin said...

Of COURSE you did stripes, because Scott and I have been planning out how wide to do tan stripes in our loft upstairs. Now it's gonna look like I copied you. Great.

Anonymous said...

love, love, love it! that's so funny about the circus comment...our second place we lived at, i painted, as an accent wall in our room, a yellow and light yellow stripe pattern, and jackson said the same thing about it looking like a circus....boys! anyhow, looks great!

Anonymous said...

ps. love the desktop picture. :)

Kirk and Aly said...

Was I the only one that loved the original green color? That's coming from me who has two totally crazy bright rooms though. I totally love the stripes! It makes it such a fun room! The pictures of Oakley sniffing Lizzie's bum and then running away are awesome!

Brynn P. said...

Hey Melissa!! Brynn here! I was doing a little browsing (snooping around) and found your profile(thanks to allison). You're still beautiful as always and look like you're soo happy! Anyways, i painted my girls bathroom that green-ish color (w/o the sripes) and then our master bath is the same color purple as one of the other rooms i saw(or at least it looked like the same color). So, i think the colors are awesome you chose!!
Just thought i'd tell ya! ...and thought i'd say HI cause its been FOREVER since i have seen or talked to ya'll! Hope all is well!
Brynn

Alisse Baldwin said...

Sorry to get you excited about a new comment- it's just me again.

So, I'm thinking I'm going to read Twilight. Where did you buy your copy?
{AKA- If you're not reading it right now, can I borrow yours?}

I'm white trash.

angiedunn said...

I'm all about the stripes girl! Dude, seriously, I might copy. Way to be Martha & a cool wii playing wife @ the same time. You're my hero.