Monday, June 11, 2007

A Few Favorite Photos...

Hey kids, I don't really have much to report or anything exciting going on in my life, so I thought I would show you a few of my favorite pictures with some of my favorite people and activities. And for your reading pleasure, I'll narrate through the whole thing. Hooray for you. :)
A week or so ago I went in my room to get into bed to find Philip reading...and he was for reals. I laughed so hard, but I love that he's my favorite future pharmacist.
Sweetcakes with the girls on Friday was so fabulous, as usual. There were only two downsides. First, we forgot to take pictures when Lindsee, Kim and Alisse were there, and secondly we sat outside so it was hot and pigeons walked by my feet.

My new favorite skill is changing outlets and light switches. We're not just talking cover plates my friends, we're talking wires and screws. Thanks Kev for the directions over the phone, look how nicely the three gang in my room turned out!

Philip and Chris playing a little Wii Tennis between events on Saturday. I love that they are still wearing their nice clothes...

Now my favorite future pharmacist and my favorite almost lawyer are Wii golfing.

I love love love that Philip always wraps presents that he gets me with cute wrapping paper...he's my favorite everything.

Ok, so I hate hate hate going grocery shopping, and Philip thinks that it is really funny to move all of the food that we don't have in the fridge to one spot, to make it look as empty as possible, which makes me feel guilty. This picture is for reals, I took it just tonight. Don't worry though, we have a plethora of pantry items, and yes, I'm going grocery shopping tomorrow.
Anywho, despite the fact that everyone now thinks I starve my poor husband, life is good today. Taco Bell for lunch, got out of class early tonight, Philip got me a drink on the way home...I think the only thing that would make it better is if it would rain instead of the heavens just teasing me with overcast-ness. That's all! Have a fabulous day!

14 comments:

Kelli said...

Yay! Life is good for me today because I am first to comment on the ever so popular blog of Philissa! Lunch really was fantastic. Sad that we can't do it more often. Once I am back here for good, I think it should most definitely be a weekly occurance. For now, I guess I will just have to settle for once a month, since I will be home again at the beginning of July, and then again at the beginning of August, and definitely expect lunch dates then as well. Mark your calendar!

The Fletchies said...

wow thats how my fridge looks too. grocery shopping is only fun when you don't have to worry about how much money you have and add it all up in your head. I heard a comedian last night that said being poor is terrible because you are constantly doing math in your head to figure out just how much money you can get away with spending. Hurray for the 15th and last day of the month!

Erica said...

Believe it or not, my fridge looks worse then that. I'm talking literally a half a jar of mayonnaise and some spicy mustard. Those pigeons on main street are my nemesi.

Kirk and Aly said...

I like the picture of Chris "golfing", but I think he is really just getting ready to pee on your couch! What in the world did Philip get you a present for? Is that recent? How lucky! Don't worry about groceries, Taco Bell serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and the 4th meal - whatever that is. Love ya!

MeL said...

Anniversary present...I opened up my shiny new mp3 player that I've lovingly named Tina.

Grace Ryan said...

You are so funny! Seriously I look forward to your blogs everyday and get bummed if you haven't done a new one. You are so funny. I love the fridge picture. That's awesome. My fridge looks like that all the time. I love how you gave us a tour of your life. I felt like I was hanging out with you for a few minutes! It was like old times. PS. I think it's adorable that Phillip wraps gifts for you. Especially that he uses cute wrapping paper. Does he have like a bunch of sisters or something? Oh yeah he does. Take Care Melissa!

angiedunn said...

This post is AWESOME! Quite hilarious & super cute & totally fun!! So basically...Melissa's comment before mine, is EXACTLY what I was gonna say {well said girl, well said}...so just read that again, k...love ya mels!

Beau said...

What's with the empty fridges? It costs way more to eat out so go buy some Mizithra cheese from a Greek deli and make this inexpensive pasta. You'll become addicted as does everyone I know who has made this dish. Best of all the men in your life will think you are a gourmet chef....there is absolutely no need for them to know how simple this is to make!

MIZITHRA CHEESE & BROWNED BUTTER, ALA HOMER
Makes 4

1 cup (2 sticks) of butter ( 1/2 pound)
1 cup finely grated Mizithra cheese
pasta of choice

Browned Butter Procedure:
Cut 2 sticks of butter into 8 pieces and place in a 2-quart sauce pan. Place the pan of butter on a burner on medium heat.
Bring butter to a slow boil (about 5 minutes). Once the butter begins to boil, stir constantly to prevent residue from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
As the butter cooks, it will start to foam and rise.
Continue stirring, otherwise the butter foam could overflow (about 5 minutes) and catch fire.
Once the butter stops foaming and rising, cook until amber in color (about 1 to 2 minutes). It will have a pleasant caramel aroma.
Turn off the heat and remove pan from burner. Let the sediment settle to the bottom of the pan for a few minutes. Pour the brown butter through a paper towel or cotton cloth into a small bowl. Do not disturb the residue at the bottom of the pan.
The brown butter can be stored in the refrigerator and reheated in a microwave as needed.
Boil the pasta of choice until Al Dente. Drain pasta and divide into four servings. Spread 1/4 cup of Mizithra over each pasta serving.
Drizzle hot browned butter over cheese.

Trust me on this,. You'll love it.

nicole and kevin said...

So I guess it's about time to comment on everyones blog. Lately I have been lacking in the laughs department, so I took a break to regain my bearings. I don't tink they are coming togther anytime soon so I will just have to be boring blogger #1. (not "the number one boring blogger" but the boring blogger that you don't even give a name to. you just give him a number) Any ways. All I can think of to say is, "I want a wii!!!!!" I will almost kill for entertainment right now. Spider solitaire just isn't cutting it. And I sound pretty lame when people ask me what I've been up to and all I can thik of is my score on spider solitaire and wish it was as high as Nicole's. And I am mad that so many people comment on your blog. Stop being so cool!
Kev

Erica said...

You spelled my name wrong on your links. I'm so pissed.

The Fletchies said...

Aww cute. My family lovingly calls me Tina too. BTW every time I look at your blog I'm glad to see Phil's face covered by the pharmacy times. It makes me laugh every time.

The Jones Fam said...

The picture of Philip reminds me of a cartoon bashing podiatrists that shows them trying to get each other pumped up before going to cut toenails- and in the corner of the cartoon there's a magazine on the table called "Bunion Life". I love nerdy magazines!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Do you know who Torn Ligament is yet? Because it looks like you two are awfully close now... regularly commenting on your blog, and all. Maybe it's a secret pen-pal or a blast from the past- like BART or something. You/I wish. Bart was a hottie!

angiedunn said...

hey...i remember bart! anyhoo...yes mel, i do use all four of those cleaning products in my bathroom...however, the lemon pine sol is purely for the heavenly citrus scent, and the kaboom is because i have a plastic shower & hard water = soap scum build-up of the century after 2 hours of use. windex and comet are my staples. do clorox wipes rock? 'cause i've seen large packs of them @ costco & have toyed with the idea of purchasing them/giving them a try. oh, how i heart cleaning/a clean house! and ironically enough, i probably have messiest house on the block!

i love how you made reference to danny tanner in your comment. and i too, also LOVE being a wife! it's the best life there is. even if it means cleaning the bathroom. later!