Hooray for Mexico! So we made it down to Rocky Point and back in one piece, without getting thrown in a Mexican jail, and it was crazy fun!
The best part of the trip, hands down, was the company. Danny and Lindsi were so much fun and we loved having other people to talk to and to keep us entertained!
I'm not going to lie though, getting four people's luggage, plus beach toys and chairs and umbrellas all in the trunk of a Civic was a trick. Especially since I brought all of this:
Okay, not really. This was a girl in my class's luggage and I thought it was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Also, one day she based an entire outfit around that purse, with it being what tied it all together, which was also the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. This paragraph = I'm really mean.
So anyhoo, though it was a tight squeeze, we got all of our stuff there and back! And of course, because Philip and I are book nerds, we took our books. Oh, and if my face looks hot pink, it's because it was. Probably because the only sunscreen I put on my face was my sunglasses, which means I got a sweet tan from them...
I was also a huge fan of the Orange Fantas. And apparently a fan of looking like a grease machine...whatev, we're in Mexico.

Yay! Best Friends Forever! Seriously, these kids are the best...Thanks Danny and Lindsi!
Um, my least favorite thing about Mexico? The food. Though I'm a large fan of Mexican food, real Mexico isn't the same. Mexican food to me means bean and cheese burritos, and from Filiberto's how much more authentic can you get? Apparently lots more. Mexico only has tacos, and no frijoles to be found. So it's meat tacos...and since I'm a bit leery of meat in my Mexican food to begin with, I had a hard time loving the food. The relationship was mutual though, and the food (I'm thinking the fish taco that I bravely tried) decided to not love me and Philip back. Therefore, for the last three days, this has been our drink of choice.
I was only kind of joking when I put the straw in, and then I saw the convenience of it. Basically Philip and I each had our own bottle to swig from as soon as we got home on Friday, and then Saturday Philip picked up more, since we had exhausted our supply at home. It was a sad weekend for us, definitely not a fun way to end our crazy fun trip.
Then on Saturday night I went to the Relief Society Broadcast with my sisters and mom, which is always one of the highlights of my year.
(I totally forgot my camera, so no pictures of the three of us, but I realized that I never posted this picture of me and Aly, and what good is a picture if you don't blog it right?)
I normally don't remember much of what was said, but this year Pres. Uchtdorf spoke directly to me. He said:
"To me it seems that our splendid sisters sometimes undervalue their abilities. They focus on what is lacking or imperfect rather than that which has been accomplished and who they really are. Perhaps you recognize this trait in someone you know really well..."
How lucky are we in this church to have such amazing leaders that are genuinely concerned for us girlies with perhaps sub-par self esteem? The answer is: VERY LUCKY.
So anyhoo, that was our trip and weekend in a nutshell! Have a fabulous week friends and wish me luck as I start a new semester tomorrow!
19 comments:
I sat here thinking how lucky you were to be able to go to Mexico for the weekend...and then I remembered it's just a hop skip away from y'all! How fun!!! P.S...totally agreeing with you on the meat in my mexican!
You guys look really tan in the pictures. I'm glad you had a good time, minus the stomach issues. : ) I think that's part of the Mexican experience though...
yeah- I miss the beach! it looks like so much fun. That pepto looks delish-haha!
Sara told me you got sick and I was sad for you! That is so sad real mexican food is not as good, I totally thought going to Fili's is like crossing the border for a burrito! Cute luggage!
Oh and the last time I drank Pepto I threw up instantly, like as soon as it touched my mouth! So that picture made me a lil queasy.
Yeah for Rocky Point! Boo for Pepto. Next time we will definitely bring more of our own food. Thanks for joining us and I'll love it if you'd email me the pics you have. I hope your tummies feel better soon. girlylindsi@hotmail.com
Looks like fun-and I agree, you did go with some good peeps. Time for Filibertos yet?
Aw! How fun! I have only been to Rocky Point once, and it was...ok? I didn't really like it. Mostly because I thought I was gonna get sick from the food so i didn't eat much. You look so cute though!
Glad you guys had fun.. & you don't need luck in your next semester... you'll do fantastic!!!!
We're going to Mexico next week and after reading this, it's clear that we have two choices: bring our own food or get intimate with the closest toilet. I think I'll choose option A.
What? Not Wal-to-Bismol? You decieded you needed the real deal for this big of a problem?
And thanks for posting quite possibly the ugliest picture of me on the planet. Ha, ha, I know why. You could have done without, though! You look cute - jerk.
Um, the food is the best part, weirdo! Fish tacos, quesadillas, potato burritos, and the chicken places, man I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. Looks like you still managed to have a good time though.
I'm totally jealous that you and Aly are better friends. Take that picture down now.
It looks like Philly is once again sporting the Michael Schoffield Hair and sunglasses.
I like Phil's haircut. I'm jealous of him for 2 reasons:
1) He doesn't look like an Auschwitz survivor
2) You'll let him get that cut.
Looks like you had a blast. Sorry about the skeets. Whoops. I totally just outed the Jones word skeets. I'm glad you guys got to take a fun trip during your break. You totally need that!
Jake
me-hico makes for a good time. sorry about the need for pepto, dude. that's rough. i also hate the food there...so i just drank mexican coke & virg pina coladas & snacked on churros the last time i went. {anyone wondering why i'm chubby?}
fun pics & adventures.
& ya, when elder uchtdorf said that stuff...i was contemplating tattooing it all on my forearm.
excellent stuff.
I feel like you guys are ignoring me. I sent you an evite (to Philip's address), and he ignored it. Then I sent a friendly reminder, and I was still ignored. Don't you want to come to our awesome party?
And thank you Robin, for defending the food in Rocky Point.
alright, I'm sending you the e-vite now.
okay so i have a man-crush on steve nash. Tell me how that's a bad thing... he's got a steady job, he's in great shape, and he's Canadian. He's got a lot going for him.
Post a Comment