The Jones Family
Kirk & Alyson Nielson Family
So if you had not yet guessed, this is my oldest sister Aly, with her cute cute family. She and Kirk have been married for over 11 years and have four fabulous girlies! They are the cutest little family I've ever seen, and they are all totally best friends with each other, including Kirk and Al.
I've said it before, but I think that Kirk and Aly are the most in love married couple that I have ever met. Though they love their girls, they always make sure to have vacation time alone together and frequent Hawaii like every other year! How lucky is that? Way lucky. Anyhoo, Alyson always laughs at Kirk's jokes and comments, and Kirk loves that he has such an adoring and ATTRACTIVE wife!
There has never been any doubt that Alyson is the fashion guru in the family. She always had the biggest bangs, glasses, and Body Glove shirts, and I remember just wishing that I could some day be as cool as her. Oh yeah, and I think those are Guess jeans, am I correct Aly?
The thing about her though, is that she never let her beauty get to her head, and would take the time to help us with our stylish outfits and hair. I know this picture is blurry, but you can tell that Sara and Alyson are the perfect definition of 1989.
Aly is the older sister that everyone wishes they had growing up, which is why we all clung to her like crazy. She still is the perfect older sister, she is so thoughtful and will be the first one to call you to ask how your day is going or how a test went, or how your little family is doing. She is really good on the phone and there is never an awkward conversation with her. She is also a really good laugher, so when you do have a conversation with her, it leaves you feeling awesome, because she'll laugh at your jokes and sarcasm, and then throw some of her own out there.
She is also naturally intuitive. She knows when to take your baby from you so that you don't throw him out the window, she knows when to make those previously mentioned phone calls, she knows when you need a concrete from Nielson's, or Diet Pepsi straight up. She is a fantastic listener, and then gives advice in an adorably timid way, so as not to step on toes or hurt feelings, she just wants you to feel better.
She is a fantastic gift opener, and easy to shop for, because she enjoys every simple pleasure in life. She will also make sure that you know she appreciates any time, thought and money put into the gift, and will have a thank you card in your hands nine minutes later. And if you give something to her kids, they will write you a thank you card and draw you a picture. It's amazing.
This was Alyson this year on her birthday, and if I look nearly as pretty as her when I turn 31, I'll be the happiest girl in the world. This lucky little devil gets prettier year by year, and loves to be cuter and skinnier than her younger sisters, rrg. She got my mom's young pretty looks, and is well on her way to becoming my mom.
Do you see what I mean on the prettier and prettier front? She always looks so cute and put together, and not only that, but her girls always look perfect when they go somewhere, which I'm sure makes other young mom's jealous. To not leave anyone out, Kirk is always way in style and has the newest, coolest watches and clothes. Can you even imagine having parents this fun and cute? Those girls should thank their lucky stars that they will never know what "Mom jeans" are.
Alyson is also a great planner. Whenever there is a reason to get together and party, whether it be a big bowling surprise party, Sara's birthday lunch, or Sunday night at our mom's, she knows where to go and what to do, or how to make delicious little pina coladas that everyone will love. She will also call anyone or anywhere to make reservations or get information, which I loathe doing. I'm sure some of it comes so easily because she is a list maker. If it gets on her list for the day, it will get done.
Here comes the mom part of Alyson. I maybe love these pictures to death.
She is so sweet with her girls and always lets them help open presents, dress themselves (which explains Lizzie's ballerina outfit), pick out clothes and backpacks at the store, help with projects, play in the sprinklers and slip and slide while wearing goggles and a kitty collar, and just do fun kid things that sometimes make a mess. She has raised the four crazies, and made it look like a holiday. Let's meet the girls...
These girls are about my favorite things on the face of the earth. Meet Marissa and Noelle, or Rissa and Belles, who are 8 and 7 years old. They are best friends, and love sharing clothes, friends, toys, a room and a bed. Though they are so close in age, and seemingly so similar, they are like night and day.
Rissa is the most entertaining 8 year old ever. She loves hip hop, and dancing to hip hop, and this year picked out a backpack with skulls and crossbones on it. She does take after her mom though, and is so sweet and will ask you how your day was or how your children are doing, or if you have seen the latest pictures on the blog. My favorite memory of her is when she performed a self-choreographed dance to "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake, while she listened to it on her ipod. Therefore, we got lots of awesome dance moves in silence. It was one of the single most entertaining moments of my life.
Rissa is learning to overcome her crippling Jones non-coordination, and is learning and loving to play sports. She is pretty good at bowling, though it took the ball like 2 full minutes to get to the pins, and this year picked up softball. She is a champ, I'm so proud of her.
Meet Noelle. This girl is so very loving, and is always giving hugs to everyone, and holding their hands, especially her boyfriend of a dad. Belles loves all things that are beautiful, including herself, and has the yummiest brown eyes in the entire world.
She also likes being somewhat nerdy, and telling really funny jokes, and making weird voices. I'm not going to lie, she is a little bit spacey, but it is just funny because she is the ultimate sweetheart. Last year in 1st grade, she got lots of special valentines cards from the boys in her class, and was completely oblivious to the fact that they all worshiped her. She is just her nerdy self and everyone eats it up.
This is Liz. She is 4 and loves loves loves to play with anyone who will play with her. She is Kirk and Alyson's orneriest child by far, but it makes her all that much more enjoyable. She also has a very quick temper, which you do not want to be the victim of, or else she might threaten to "kick you in your head when you are sleeping." Not lying, those are her words.
Lizzie also LOVES dressing up and changing clothes, and if she can find a mirror to sing to while she's at it, even better. Last Friday when we were at Sara's all day, Lizzie had packed two changes of clothes with the toys she brought, and randomly during the day she would come in with a new outfit on. It's hilarious.
Not much here, I just really like this picture of Liz. That's like a half-smile that you see in a comic book. Awesome huh?
And last but certainly not least is Brynn. Brynn is a big 2, and loves to laugh. She has a fabulous out loud laugh that she can throw out there any time she wants to be charming. She loves to talk, and has the cutest little martian voice that really just melts you.
And if the laugh or voice doesn't do it, these blue eyes can see into your soul.
Brynnie is such a little lady, and is totally a pleaser. On command she will sing any primary song, the ABC's, tell you what letter say, and point to a B and say, "That's me Mommy, that's me!" However, as cute as she may be, when she gets cranky, you do not want to cross her path because she will give you the dirtiest look and not talk to you, or just start crying if you look at her wrong. That rarely happens though, right Aly? Anyways, she is probably the cutest dang thing I've seen.
Hip Hop Hooray for Kirk and Aly and their family! Aly seriously is my mom in the making, and therefore if I could grow up to be just half as nice as her, I think I would be totally set! I love this girl so much, and the little family that she has aquired is practically perfect in every way! Love ya babes!
So if you had not yet guessed, this is my oldest sister Aly, with her cute cute family. She and Kirk have been married for over 11 years and have four fabulous girlies! They are the cutest little family I've ever seen, and they are all totally best friends with each other, including Kirk and Al.
I've said it before, but I think that Kirk and Aly are the most in love married couple that I have ever met. Though they love their girls, they always make sure to have vacation time alone together and frequent Hawaii like every other year! How lucky is that? Way lucky. Anyhoo, Alyson always laughs at Kirk's jokes and comments, and Kirk loves that he has such an adoring and ATTRACTIVE wife!
There has never been any doubt that Alyson is the fashion guru in the family. She always had the biggest bangs, glasses, and Body Glove shirts, and I remember just wishing that I could some day be as cool as her. Oh yeah, and I think those are Guess jeans, am I correct Aly?
The thing about her though, is that she never let her beauty get to her head, and would take the time to help us with our stylish outfits and hair. I know this picture is blurry, but you can tell that Sara and Alyson are the perfect definition of 1989.
Aly is the older sister that everyone wishes they had growing up, which is why we all clung to her like crazy. She still is the perfect older sister, she is so thoughtful and will be the first one to call you to ask how your day is going or how a test went, or how your little family is doing. She is really good on the phone and there is never an awkward conversation with her. She is also a really good laugher, so when you do have a conversation with her, it leaves you feeling awesome, because she'll laugh at your jokes and sarcasm, and then throw some of her own out there.
She is a fantastic gift opener, and easy to shop for, because she enjoys every simple pleasure in life. She will also make sure that you know she appreciates any time, thought and money put into the gift, and will have a thank you card in your hands nine minutes later. And if you give something to her kids, they will write you a thank you card and draw you a picture. It's amazing.
Do you see what I mean on the prettier and prettier front? She always looks so cute and put together, and not only that, but her girls always look perfect when they go somewhere, which I'm sure makes other young mom's jealous. To not leave anyone out, Kirk is always way in style and has the newest, coolest watches and clothes. Can you even imagine having parents this fun and cute? Those girls should thank their lucky stars that they will never know what "Mom jeans" are.
These girls are about my favorite things on the face of the earth. Meet Marissa and Noelle, or Rissa and Belles, who are 8 and 7 years old. They are best friends, and love sharing clothes, friends, toys, a room and a bed. Though they are so close in age, and seemingly so similar, they are like night and day.
Rissa is the most entertaining 8 year old ever. She loves hip hop, and dancing to hip hop, and this year picked out a backpack with skulls and crossbones on it. She does take after her mom though, and is so sweet and will ask you how your day was or how your children are doing, or if you have seen the latest pictures on the blog. My favorite memory of her is when she performed a self-choreographed dance to "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake, while she listened to it on her ipod. Therefore, we got lots of awesome dance moves in silence. It was one of the single most entertaining moments of my life.
She also likes being somewhat nerdy, and telling really funny jokes, and making weird voices. I'm not going to lie, she is a little bit spacey, but it is just funny because she is the ultimate sweetheart. Last year in 1st grade, she got lots of special valentines cards from the boys in her class, and was completely oblivious to the fact that they all worshiped her. She is just her nerdy self and everyone eats it up.
This is Liz. She is 4 and loves loves loves to play with anyone who will play with her. She is Kirk and Alyson's orneriest child by far, but it makes her all that much more enjoyable. She also has a very quick temper, which you do not want to be the victim of, or else she might threaten to "kick you in your head when you are sleeping." Not lying, those are her words.
Lizzie also LOVES dressing up and changing clothes, and if she can find a mirror to sing to while she's at it, even better. Last Friday when we were at Sara's all day, Lizzie had packed two changes of clothes with the toys she brought, and randomly during the day she would come in with a new outfit on. It's hilarious.
Not much here, I just really like this picture of Liz. That's like a half-smile that you see in a comic book. Awesome huh?
And last but certainly not least is Brynn. Brynn is a big 2, and loves to laugh. She has a fabulous out loud laugh that she can throw out there any time she wants to be charming. She loves to talk, and has the cutest little martian voice that really just melts you.
Brynnie is such a little lady, and is totally a pleaser. On command she will sing any primary song, the ABC's, tell you what letter say, and point to a B and say, "That's me Mommy, that's me!" However, as cute as she may be, when she gets cranky, you do not want to cross her path because she will give you the dirtiest look and not talk to you, or just start crying if you look at her wrong. That rarely happens though, right Aly? Anyways, she is probably the cutest dang thing I've seen.
Hip Hop Hooray for Kirk and Aly and their family! Aly seriously is my mom in the making, and therefore if I could grow up to be just half as nice as her, I think I would be totally set! I love this girl so much, and the little family that she has aquired is practically perfect in every way! Love ya babes!

7 comments:
Ok, you totally have a way with words. Way to be an ex-English major. Reprezent!
This is an awesome Laurel project, Miss! Talk about time involved, definately enough hours. K&A exemplify so many good things including the best of every decade. Love the picture in Good Times! Maybe you better consider doing a post of events in it. "I saw you acting all bad in your tan van!" said Placido Valencia.
I think that the jeans may have been guess? but I also think that they may have been Zena or Girbaud.
So, yah, Alyson is amazing and makes me wish I could be as nice and easy going as her. She also makes me want a bunch of kids that are also funny. So, maybe I kind of want her life.
I'm so sad I haven't checked your blog all week!!!! This is so fun! And yes, I did tear up on not only the stuff about Mom, but on all the family week posts and comments! Nerd. You did a perfect job of capturing everybody's personalities and quirks with alarming accuracy. My favorite picture is the one of us on vacation in the van. Remember totally not EVER wearing seatbelts and sharing shotgun or sleeping/wetting on the back bench? I loved Good Times van. Great memories! Fun family! Great job Mel. Love ya!
Jake
it keeps getting better and better! way to be their fav. sis/daughter...and i agree, you do have a way with words.
K, so I would totally do this about my own family, but there is absolutely no way I could top your extreme thoughtfulness & perfect descriptions of each one of your awesome fam members! This/you rocks.
Kirk & Aly are SO cute, along with their adorably blonde batch of four. They are the definition of cute/hip family, and are still SO nice whenever I see 'em. And true that about Aly being SO pretty/skinny/hot 31 year old that I'm jealous of.
PS...word...let's totally hang out!! I'm very indecisive when it comes to plans...so...seriously, what day is best for you? Because, as seen on the blog, my life is like 10 days procrastination, 3 days he-double catch up, 10 days procrastination, 3 days he-double catch up, and the cycle repeats & repeats. I'm awesome.
Are you embarrassed by the longer than life comments that I leave? 'Cause I kinda am.
those pictures were awesome! What a cute project! You are adorable Melissa!
Post a Comment