In case you had not yet marked your calendars, my birthday is coming up. Six weeks from Wednesday if you want to be exact. So in the spirit of the season, and the fact that I was bored out of my mind in class last week, I started making a birthday list.
Now I generally don't mention my wish list until after my brothers Chris and Jake have their birthdays on Oct. 31st, and Nov. 1st, but this semester is going to be
BEYOND RIDICULOUSLY RIDICULOUS,
and I need a little motivation. So here goes:
.
1. A dremel.
Yes I'm a man and like tools, but I'm not going to lie, on more than one occasion I have thought, "Ugh, if only I had a dremel on hand..."
Yes I'm a man and like tools, but I'm not going to lie, on more than one occasion I have thought, "Ugh, if only I had a dremel on hand..." 2. Silver chargers
They would compliment my china so nicely, and then maybe I could think of an occasion to use my china...and chargers. I will need eight. Thanks.3. A pullover hoodie.
Perhaps a Gold Medal Gardening one would be nice...hint hint Jones cousins. Just kidding, kind of. But remember that I still wear my old one that I stole from Rachel in high school, and how at the Jones Cousin Christmas Party last year I was SERIOUSLY sad when I didn't come home with the new one?
4. Black heels to wear with dresses and jeans
These will do nicely. And with a 5 inch heel these will make me a towering 6'2". Awesome right?5. Cannery salsa
Seriously the best salsa for burritos around. The only thing though is that you can't just buy it, you have to work at the cannery for a day, and then buy it. Lame.
6. These shoes.
I'm actually a little undecided on these still. I'm not sure that I like all the holes up front you know? I think they are darling otherwise though.7. Date thing.
How stinkin' cute is this? Answer: Stinkin' cute. I even have the perfect spot for it. And it is showed with my dad's birthday...I think it's a sign that I NEED it.
.
8. Annual Pass to Disneyland.
Times two.
(Philip will need one too.)
.
9. Nice jeans.
I'm actually still a little leery of this because I haven't decided if I want to accept my current size or not, and nice jeans are very much a deciding factor, you know? It's not like Charlotte Russe jeans that you got for like 27 cents, those are fairly disposable, but real jeans kind of seal the deal on sizes because you'll keep them for quite a while. Until, that is, you bust out the booty on them like I did on my last pair of nice jeans. I'm not sure I'm ready for the emotional stress that accompanies this one.
.
10. A pony.
No explanation needed there.
.
Um, that's all I can think of for now. There's an excellent chance that I may add to this later. Happy 44 days until my birthday!
14 comments:
Wow- I need to make myself a list like that seeings how I'm bored out of my freaking mind. I especially liked the idea of a pony :)
I can't handle but laugh my butt off every time I read your blog Mel. It's almost too funny that you have a birthday list and the explanations for why you want it. I'm dying!!!!
I like that not only do you know what you want, but you're not afraid nor ashamed to ask everyone you know for it. : )
thanks for the birthday wishes. that is funny you remember. i remember that you gave me "while you were sleeping" in high school for my birthday. and is see that your birthday is approaching, as well.
Now I feel like I've dropped the ball on spreading the word about my birthday. Apparently I should have started back in August. Maybe next year. Best of luck on your birthday wishes!
did you know cheap ponies are only like 500 bucks? how do i know that, you ask? because myron wants one & is trying to talk me into having a farm. the end.
also: those white shoes are adorable & seem oh-so comfy. i like the holes.
People these days... honestly! You give 'em a pony and what do they do with it? They feed it and stroke it, but can't ride it. Soon they forget its even around. They put it in the closet next to the Memorial Day decorations and the nasty, old mop they should have used last week... and where's little Scootaloo now? At the bottom of the Grand Canyon. No, he's not a pack mule. He's at the bottom of the Grand Canyon. Pony Killer. And all for what? A birthday?
Sometimes I wish I lived in AZ just so I had friends who loved Steve Nash as much as I do. Here in Utah it's viewed more as a Man-crush (referring to the comment on your Mexico post)... For MY birthday (which if you remember is slightly after yours) I asked for the Nike Trash Talks... Steve's new ones. I enlisted an entire squadron to help me find them... sold out at the NY House of Hoops and gone on Ebay... Hey... next time you see ol' stevie why don't you just ask him for a pair?
I really like the white shoes too. You should no longer be unsure about them. Now two people have okayed them.
and angie, you should totally do the farm thing. that is like my dream. maybe its becuase we always had chickens growing up.
this concludes me taking over your blog comments. sorry.
You're a crack up! My sister sometimes checks your blog (cause the link is on mine) and tells me how funny you are...in which case I ALSO have to check it and laugh. Happy Barf Day soon. I'll keep my eye out for one of those calendar things...I think I might love it.
now that's my kind of girl, a dremmel for #1 and something to accompany fine china on #2. Unfortunately you are cooler than me and I have never thought "I sure wish I had a dremmel." I guess that's because I wouldn't know what to use one for. Maybe you can enlighten me and then I will want one too :) Very nice list.
Secret: I have to high heeled shoes in brown. Target, $15. Love them.
I hope you get the Disneyland season pass! Did you know that starting in 2009, Disneyland lets you in free for your birthday! You just have to show your birth certificate or driver's license.
Melissa! You are TOO FUNNY! I LOVE it. I think you should totally splurge for one pair of designer jeans!! But don't pay the designer price - i've found jeans at buffalo exchange right by ASU! Wait, you're an itty bitty tall model! You'd totally rock them because most come standard with a 28' inseam! See, you NEED those jeans.
I asked James for a Ryobi drill and assessory kit and believe it or not, i got it! yay me! we should tool swap!!!
Post a Comment