I promise I will continue with Family Week, and this time the intermission will be shorter.
.
I got tagged by my adorable friend Melissa Lundquist, and even though I've boycotted tags before, Melissa is the nicest person in the world, and I would give her one of my legs if she asked for it, so the least I can do is continue this little game of tag...
So here goes, six random things about yours truly:
.
1. When I ride in the passenger seat, I only buckle up if the driver does. Well truthfully, I for reals don't ride with anyone but Philip and my sister Sara, but if I got into an accident with either of them, I would like the same fate as them. None of this one person survives business, that makes for people feeling guilty and whatnot.
(And just so you know, both of them almost always buckle up. See?)
2. I'm a sucker for charities, and tear up every time a see a comercial or ad for the Smile Train, where for only $250, you can give a child a smile, and a second chance at life. Snifffff, not joking, google it and you will be convinced.
.
3. I'm always somewhat nervous that fish tanks are going to crack and spill out on me, and that fish might touch me in the process.
.
4. I think that limos are hilariously tacky. Which adds to the hilarity that this very one has been parked in our complex parking lot for the past week or so.
.
6. I kind of want to own a ribbon store someday. Either that or just have enough money to buy extra large bolts of every color and width of grosgrain, rick rack, satin, and sheer ribbons, along with extra cute polka dots and stripes.
Yeah, it might be easier to own a ribbon store.
.
So that is ME! If you want to learn more random facts, feel free to click here.
.
And I think I'll keep this tag thing going. In honor of Family week, I tag Mom, Chris, Aly, Jake, Sara and Kevin. Have fun bloggers!
11 comments:
I used to be the budget control freak of my family, but when we went on the All-Student-Loan financial plan, and we didn't have a monthly income, my budgeting went completely out the window. I think it'll actually be harder to have a real income.
This tag goes down in BEST TAG history. You did an amazing job Melis! I am so glad you did it even though you are anti-tagging. You had me cracking up! I agree with you about limos - I think they are tacky too. It was great to see pictures of our old condos. I felt like I was in Mesa for 5 seconds. Also, I didn't know that you wouldn't get in the car with me. You make me smile! I would give you my leg if you wanted it. It's not half as amazing as yours but I'd give it to you. Love you girl!
Alright Melis, I didn't mean that I won't ride with other people, just rarely does the opportunity present itself! I'm sure you are a fantastic driver, and you would fall into the same category of I want the same fate as you!
The charity thing never really gets to me;although we did donate $25 to Katrina, which felt like a million dollars. Good luck livin' on loans-ummm, I just wish they wouldn't give it in big lump sums, cuz then you have to kinda think about saving it until the end of the semester. sigh
I love random facts.
And did you, or did you not ride in a Rolls Royce Limo paid for by Preston Ashby's parents for Prom? And did you or did you not enjoy it?
Obviously, I was jealous because the other Chase and I just rode in his 4 door sedan.
Hey I want to open a ribbon store too! Honestly, I was trying to talk Kirk into having this be his business to open. 'Cause if we're going to start up some random business someday it might as well be something that I like and can stock up on while the business is still up and running. (I'm planning that any business Kirk starts up someday to fail eventually, sorry Kirk! You're the greatest Miss! Loved the random comments about you!
Limo's are totally the BOMB, and appreciate as being referred to as such.
Okay good Mel! Next time we get in the situation where I have to drive you somewhere I will be extra careful! You're so funny!
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I just sent a whopping $5.00 to St. Jude's Hospital because they send me labels and/or notepads with our name on them, and I figure they arranged for the children in factories in China to make those for me, so I'll send 'em five bones.
Not quite as charitable as you, still.
Limos ARE funny.
K, so: In answer to your ?s.
What I did is glued down my paper first, with the modge podge, flattened it on there real good, then I cut with my scissors, like an eighth of an inch from the edge. Then I took sandpaper & sanded the edges. But I sanded, stroking {hate that word, btw} from the top, instead of coming from the bottom, so the paper wouldn't flap up. Make sense?
Ya, I'd probably embellish @ the seams. Just to cover it up or whatnot. I've seen people like just do a stripe of ribbon or rick rack there. That's cute too. Or you could do a row of flowers, or buttons, or whatev.
They are gonna be FABULOUS! Can't wait to see a future post about them.
Due to hangout, I think you are right. Just let me know when!
I looked on here being all excited for Family Week post on Sara and to my surprise I get tagged. Come on Melissa, you know I can't run without wetting my pants. Especially when you're chasing me because you make me laugh so hard. I did love your randomness however. Don't worry about being poor. It is so fun. You were raised that way. Get out the wheat grinder! Mush and oatmeal for breakfast every other morning. Wait! Is that why you don't like breakfast? Wow, I'm a sleuth.
Post a Comment