Kell, why in the world would you tag me? I'm boycotting. Better luck next friend, because I read yours and it was funny/half Candice's, and I thought of how I would answer those questions, and I put myself in a coma I was so bored.
So instead I'm going to use this opportunity to tell the world several things about myself. Not seven, because like I said, I'm boycotting tagging. Just several. I'll stop when I run out of things to say.
#1:
I like to use up pens. I generally pull apart a pen that I've been using for a while and see where the ink level is in it and if it is kind of low, I'll use it like crazy in an attempt to use it up before losing it.
#2:
I don't lick envelopes. I hate the feeling of like your tongue getting dry towards the end, and the taste it leaves in your mouth, and I heard of this girl who licked an envelope and it paper cut her tongue, and then a couple weeks later she had a bump there, and she went to the doctor and they cut it open and THOUSANDS of baby cockroaches came running out... has anyone heard that story since 4th grade? You're welcome for bringing it back to your memory.
#3:
I HATE cockroaches. They are one thing I just CANNOT handle at all. Soon after we moved into our ward, one crawled on my skirt after Sunday School and I screamed and then started crying, and I'm sure everyone thought I was emotionally unstable, which is half way true. So yeah, cockroaches are how I envision hell.
#4:
I also hate birds. Especially courageous ones that don't fly away when you approach them. Gross.
#5:
I LOVE Fridays. Probably more than most people. It is a day to sleep in, get laundry done, clean my house, hang out with my adorable sisters, Sara & Alyson, oh, and I blog. Happy Friday everyone.
#6:
I really enjoy online shopping. But by that I mean that I browse websites, put stuff in my online shopping bag, and when I'm done, look at my total and click exit, and never buy any of those things.
#7:
Philip and I have decided that if we somehow won a large sum of money we would:
a) take the lump sum, not increments
b) pay off our family's debt for them
c) buy a pretty house in Mesa
d) he would work at a record store, and I would work at a book store - just for fun
#8:
My love for Pottery Barn has recently been revived. When I called the other day to order my mirror, the hold music was Frank Sinatra, which I thought was just so charming. And then yesterday I got an e-mail from Edith in the customer service department asking me to rate how my experience ordering was. Aren't they sweet? I want to live at Pottery Barn.
P.S. My mirror shipped yesterday! Oh yeah Momma, it's coming to your house via UPS. Thanks!
#9:
Going along with being totally OCD, I can't have my foods touching on my plate. Like even to the extent of you can't put your salad on the spot where your mashed potatoes were, because then tastes and textures and ew, things just mix. I usually use two plates at a large dinner.
#10:
Philip picks out most of my clothes these days. He's the best.
#11:
Last summer I took Spanish 101 and 102, because I thought I needed them. I didn't, and though they could be useful living in this great state of Arizona, the only words that stick in my mind are "Por ejemplo..." which means "for example". Very useful. I'm a champ.
#12:
I hate school. A lot. This next semester I don't have to take any classes, and I'm so excited because there is nothing that I love more than being able to read, watch tv, hang out with my family, or do ANYTHING that isn't school related, without having the nagging feeling that you really should be studying or something gay like that.
#13:
Speaking of school. I would love to teach high school. That has been my major, but then I had to face the facts that I would make like 74 cents an hour, and that I want to have babies someday. So dental hygiene it is.
#14:
I love wrapping paper and wrapping presents! I, in fact, am kind of a Nazi about it. At Christmas time, all of the presents that go under our tree match our tree decor. I have lots and lots of wrapping paper, and would love to just spend like $100 at Costco on ribbon and wrapping paper.
#15:
Everything is better when Costco is involved. For my 18th birthday I asked for a Costco card. I got it and am still on my dad's account, as is everyone else in my family.
Obviously Joneses + Costco = heart.
#16:
Christmas is for sure my favorite holiday. From like February on, I wish that Christmas was closer. Oh and I really like my pretty tree.
#17:
I thoroughly enjoy planning things. Especially parties and showers and stuff. Sara and I will usually make lots of lists of the food we would like involved, and then divie it up and get really excited. Then we make the invites for a Project Friday. It's the best.
#18:
I want 6 kids. And if I can manage to get them here all in like 8 years, I would be in heaven. People (including you who are reading this) always laugh and tell me that I'll change my mind once I have one, but I don't think I will. I have loved growing up in a big family, as has Philip, and I want my kids to have the crazy madness of a huge family too. Now that my brothers all live out of state, I feel like there are never enough people around when we get together. Big families are where it's at.
#19:
Philip has seven older sisters, which means I have seven older sister-in-laws. Luckily for me, they are all absolutely fabulous. But I'm not going to lie, it was seriously like the ultimate source of inadequate feeling-ness to marry into a family like his, because Philip is their baby brother and they all think he is about the greatest thing on the face of the planet. I agree, and we get along wonderfully.
#20:
I hate working out and/or dieting slash trying to eat healthy. I also hate my Jones booty. At this point I'm not sure which hate will conquer the other.
#21:
98% of the time, Philip does not think I'm nearly as funny as I think I am. It is a sore spot in our marriage. I mean come on, who doesn't think that the word poop and it's accompanying friends are funny? Like a couple of weeks ago at work, Dr. Heap left his can of Diet Pepsi up on my desk, so I got out my sharpie and wrote Poop on it. Then when he came back, Sara, Brooke and I waited impatiently for him to drink it, and after he did, Sara said, "Why are you drinking Poop?" And we were like dying laughing, as I am just typing this story. Apparently we're 10 years old.
#22:
I love my life. A lot. I love my cute husband, I love my family, I love my friends and my job and my condo, even though it is a wreck right now. I love Diet Pepsi quite a bit, and I love blogging with my oh so funny Jones cousins. Never in a million years would I have ever imagined that I could be THIS happy.
Cheers to you all bloggers! I hope that your day is fun-filled and adventuresome. And I triple-dog dare you to boycott tagging and just type to your hearts content about anything you dang well please! Thanks for reading (if you did) and I'll have more pictures with updated house stuff soon!
15 comments:
i thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog. :) ps. i laughed out loud at number #21 regarding number 2 business.
Now we know the REAL reason Lorry quit. Poop! I love your list ~ it is you. You make me laugh out loud most of the time. I think you could spend far more on wrapping paper and ribbon than $100 could get you...AND BTW the mirror will look really nice in your old room. Thanks for having it shipped here. Was it for Dad's birthday or did you just get me an early Christmas present?
apparently I am not a true blogger because I don't know what tagging is. I always thoroughly enjoy your blogs Mel. Who knew that after knowing you some 21 odd years that I would learn more from the things your wrote in your blog? You rock it.
Melissa, don't complain. If I hadn't "tagged" you or whatever the heck that is, you wouldn't have been able to drone on...I mean tell us all about yourself. Just kidding. I am glad to get to know you a little better, and be entertained by your blog for a good 25 minutes. :)
Oh, and my answers are not even close to half Candice's. I only left like 6 out of 37 answers the same, and its only because I agreed so whole-heartedly that I couldn't bring myself to change them.
Wow Melissa I feel like I know you so well now. You are too funny and I always love to read your blog. Have a great Friday!!!
I'm glad I'm not the only one that adds stuff to my online cart and then closes the window and never pushes "next"
OH yeah, I laughed out loud to myself about the diet Poop! So funny, I forgot about that. I also forgot about how I put a B on top of my water bottle and returned to find you wrote Butt on it. You think you are so funny...I am taking those sharpies away from you.
truly, you n'er disappoint my friend. did you know that disappoint has two p's? 'cause i didn't, spell check just told me. anywhooo...i, like all the others above, highly enjoyed reading these fantastic facts about your life, and have yet again, especially after our recent phone convo, decided that we are very similar human beings. that's all. p.s. i'm counting down the minutes until i can try the beloved clorox wipes {single tear}
Melissa- you are such a nut, I love reading your blogs, they are such a great insight to you mind. And yes when Kris told me about drinking "poop" I about died laughing. I am with you in potty joke department.
Okay, for starters, the only reason
I got a Costco card is because I got my mom's, so no fair. My dad doesn't think that I need both Sam's Club and Costco. Whatever.
And for second of all, I think Julia might tie you for most OCD. I was making her help me decide which Tigi shampoo/conditioner set to get at the Wal-Mart hair place, and the one she picked for me to get was for the reason that there were two self absorbed packs and only one moisture maniac packs, and she wanted the salon to have even numbers. She=a freak.
hi, i blog stalk your blog! but i just have to say that #21 made me laugh REALLY hard as well! you're hilarious & i really like your blog!
i loved reading your list. you are too funny for words. i was off the internet, checking blogs etc so i feel like a part of me was missing when i didn't see anything about you guys. thanks for an uplifting post. you 'da bomb.
I love that you love Christmas so much...I bet you have already started listening to Christmas music...my faves are Amy Grant. Anyway, always fun to read your blog.
Melissa you are absolutely crazy. But I think thats what I miss most about you! Hope you and Philip are doing GREAT. Your condo looks FABULOUS! And just for the record...I laughed out loud too reading the poop story. You never fail to make me laugh. We should hang out sometime! Talk to you later.
Post a Comment