Friday, November 16, 2007

My Mom

So you guys have all met my mom right?
Have I told you that she is the nicest person in the entire world?
Because she is.
So get this, yesterday I was feeling a little under the weather so she brought me some amazing cheesy potato soup, and a little loaf of amazing banana bread. Then, because she is amazing, she told me that my house was cute, and offered to pat me.
(Growing up in the Jones home, being pat by my mom was a cure for anything. If we were feeling sad or sick or tired or scared or ANYTHING, she would sit on the side of our beds and pat us until we fell asleep.)
Then this morning I read an e-mail that she sent me yesterday that told me she was happy that I was born. I might have teared up a bit.
My mom's the best. I can't wait to try to be a mom like her someday.

11 comments:

Kelli said...

I really like your mom...even though I don't know her all that well. I think you're well on your way to becoming a mom like her. You just need the kid part.

Missy said...

Our Mom used to "pat" us too...LOL! Your Mom is cute. And I love your blog and your "meet the fam" post, your family has such a great sense of humor...that's like my favorite thing in the whole world! Sorry I snooped again, just had to say that and "hi".

HooHoo said...

What a blessing to have grateful children. Thank you for the international thank you note- a little embarrassing, but oh so nice.

Only a few more hours until your birthday! I may see Mary Lou St. Cyr today and I know she will wish you a happy one. Love you Miss! Mom

Kirk and Aly said...

I talked about mom in primary today and totally cried - imagine that- I think I got that from mom too. Mom's the best! And isn't she a hottie? I always get bugged in books/magazines when they talk about grandmas and they show a picture of some old wrinkly lady. Our mom will never be a grandma like that! Love ya mom!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Love that Elise!

angiedunn said...

I know exactly what you're sayin'...'cause I have a mom/Claudhopper that does similar things! Gotta love 'em. Your mom is an amazing person, that is for sure.

SOOOOOoooooo!! HAPPY FREAKING BIRTHDAY tomorrow/in 1.4 hours! Celebrate good times! Seriously, have the best birthday, and even better next year of your life!

Love ya girl!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Happy, Happy day in like, T minus 1 hour! I put our life story on my blog, so check it out- if you dare. Love ya Miss!

Sara! said...

Mom's great. Maybe we should call her.

The Jones Fam said...

And I may have teared up a little bit just reading this. Great post Miss. I'm glad you were born too- I even think that I never said, "Why do you have to be my sister!" to you growing up. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! Eat many bean burritos on your special day and toot to your heart's content! Love you, sister!

Jake

Suzy Cummard said...

WOW, I guess if someone leaves a comment, it e-mails them...
I would now know, because I just got an e-mail saying I commented somewhere...

Once I clicked on the link, I realized what happened.

My daughter (ELLIE) asked me if she could look at blogs.. I guess she somehow made it to yours.
SORRY!! (I am Alisse's favorite sister)

OH, and Happy Birthday!!!

Now, how do I figure out where else she left random letters SLASH messages!

Anonymous said...

h@ppy biRthd@y! hope it's a good one...