Friday, July 27, 2007

A Long Bunch of Nothin'

Soooo, guess who woke up at 7:15 today? I did, and to most of you out there that's nothing, and generally for me that would be waking up late. But today's my day off, and I hate that I keep waking up earlier and earlier. I think that's the true sign of being an adult, when you can't sleep in anymore, even if you wanted to. RRRG. Oh well, I suppose it is good since I have loads of things to get done today...such as blogging, or something.
.
P.S. Disclaimer right now: this is going to be LONG, and fairly not exciting. Just thought I'd let you know.
.
Anyhoo, I'll first update on the comings of the never-ending house project. This week got off to kind of a slow start because of Harry Potter.
All day on Saturday, Philip would take reading breaks so that he could read another chapter or two of book 7. I also took advantage of these times to read more of book 6, because I have a horrible memory when it comes to reading, so rereading 6 is like a new adventure again for me. Anyways, Philip finished the book on Sunday night, so on Monday we got back to business. I took my last test on Monday night and got a bright and shiney A, hip hip hooray! Then I came home and we started moving things OFF our carpet because our new carpet was installed on Tuesday morning! I took this picture before I left for work on Tuesday. Is that our couch standing up in our kitchen, you ask? Why yes, yes it is. And the other couch was on the balcony. So on that same blessed Tuesday I got home from work to find: a) a house that smells like new carpet, b) new carpet that I am so very in love with, and c) Philip already moving our stuff back on to the carpet! Hip hip hooray for hew carpet! So this is very obviously our new carpet next to our new tile and new base boards! Hooray for three major steps done in our house! Our carpet is absolutely heaven-sent. Like really, I thought walking on our new tile was like walking on a dream, well my friends, this carpet is like a dream and a half! It's so delightfully fluffy, it makes me now realize just how trashed the old crap was!
.
The old stuff was kind of like, remember when you were little and you had a very fluffy stuffed animal, and then you took it outside or "something" happened to make it dirty? So then you wash and dry it and the fluffy thing comes out all matted and coarse, and that's when you realized that maybe drying it wasn't the best idea? Anyways, that's what our carpet felt like. Like it had been washed and dried...twice. Kind of like "twice cleaned and professionally sanitized".
.
That brings me to my next little question. Does anybody besides Kevie remember the Big Bob's Used Carpet commercials on tv? I have done the voice on those commercials a couple times lately for people then tried to explain it, and no one knows what the heck I'm talking about. That's all.
.
SOOOO, I should probably wrap this up here since I have a bundle of things to do today. First and foremost, get packed and ready for VACATION!
We are going here:

and sharing a beach house with Sara, Jason and Oakley, which I couldn't be MORE excited about!

And then we'll probably hang out with them:

(p.s. this might be our mouse pad)

And then one day we're going here:

and eating lots and lots of these:

And in the mean time, we'll pobably get crazy sunburned, read lots of books, ride around Newport with Sara and Jason on beach cruisers, do some Back to school shopping for Philip, (who starts pharmacy school in less than a month!) and some 'Hooray for finishing pre-reqs school and good luck with applications to hygiene school' shopping for me!

Then when I get back it will be back to house stuff. Doing lots of organizing, touching up, repainting after new dry wall, scheduling installation of crown moulding (for our marriage's sake we aren't doing that on our own), getting new countertops and sink for our kitchen....sigh, still lots of work. I could really go for a house elf right about now. Oh, and I told Philip that if we ever got a pet, which he assured me we wouldn't, that I would name it Kreecher. That's all.

Have fun in not California suckers!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

'LuCky' is all i have to say. besides that i love your carpet and i wish i had some to run my toes through, our house is all wood/travertine. the only carpet is the bath mat. anyways, have a fun trip, which i'm sure you will.

Kelli said...

So, so, so jealous. I was just telling Candice that I really need a California trip. Gosh. Did I mention I am jealous?

And, I think that you are officially an adult. Waking up at 7:15 and doing things like installing new carpet and tile and baseboards and other home improvement projects...yep, sounds like a full fledged adult to me. Way to be.

angiedunn said...

oh man...your descriptions o' old carpet=ours to a t. and ours is only seven months old. what's with kb putting plastic/nasty/fake carpet in their spec homes? waa! i'm just gonna live vicariously through you & your fluffy-gloriousness for a while, until someday i am as lucky! (: i'm all about the new projects, btw. i loved your picture of your carpet/tile/base...it's like visiting four courners {except three}...and house elements instead of states {k, i'm stupid...it's totally not like visiting four corners.} ANYWAYS! have so much fun in cali!! that sounds like an excellent time! i hope that really is your mouse pad! i heart seth from the oc/am totally for reals on this one. say hi to belle for me! oh, and consume at least four churros for me as well.

Erica said...

The new carpet, tile and baseboards look beautiful and make me jealous.

Yay for vacations!

lol to your mousepad. Maybe I used to host OC parties. Maybe...

Melanie said...

Hey Melissa, how are you? Looks like you're doing a ton of stuff to your house, so nice! Have fun in Cali, and good luck getting into hygeine school!

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Maybe we should still have an OC party because I got kind of bored during season 3 and haven't seen much of season 4. But most of season 1 and 2 are pure tv gold.

Rachel Hatch said...

I miss the OC! Maybe I got teary eyed when I read in a magazine the Marissa died. I hadn't been following it for pretty much the whole season.

And I think that your carpet just might be the same as the carpet I picked out for my condo. I am not quite sure but it looks like it. And your reaction to yours makes me very much hope that it is the same!

Whaa. I want to join you guys on the California trip. I am jealous.

Anonymous said...

the oc is on every afternoon on soap net, and i started watching it & got totally addicted! seth and ryan are both extremely HOT! your cali trip sounds really fun... REALLY jealous! and your house looks super cute! congrats on all the progress!

Alisse Baldwin said...

I was just thinking this morning as I was blowdrying my hair, "I wonder if Mel is home yet? And I wonder if she had fun hanging out with her OC celebs?"

Get posting of your trip! I am jealous you stayed in a beach house and possibly ate churros. Sea World's churros aren't the same.

Oh, and Scott and I haven't been on vacation since.... hmmm... Feb 2006? So, contrare, my friend. We don't go that often. In my dreams, yes. In reality, big fat no.

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Bored. Must we e-yell at you and your sister for you to both update your blogs?