Friday, July 6, 2007

Phase 2 of Extreme Makeover Home Edition

First off, if you don't have OCD, count your blessings. This is what I have spent hours doing over the past couple days. The spot in this picture is in our laundry room, behind where the dryer goes, but for some reason my crazy self will not let the paint lines be messy, even if no one will ever see it.
Here has been the highlight of my morning...Hooray for new appliances! Look how pretty my range is. Maybe now I'll cook. But probably not.

And YAY for a white refrigerator with clear drawers, lots of shelves and an ice maker!

Boo for it not fitting. Good thing I am a handyman and will be able to just sand that down. By the way, sorry Dad I still have your sander...hope you didn't need that in Utah.

And a big thumbs up (or in this case, sideways since my thumb is retarded) for new pretty stuff and for home improvements, but definitely not for my outfit or hair. Please excuse those.

So that was my fun and excitement this morning. Here has been the crazy mess of a house that we've had going on all week long. This was last weekend as we rushed to get our moulding done before the installed the tile, so look closely at the floor, it is just ugly, hurty, chunky, rough cement, and I hated every second of it.

Philip cutting a very small piece of wood and me probably freaking out that he is going to chop his fingers off. Our grout choices for our tile. I personally was a fan of the lipstick red, and Philip liked the dark jungle green, but we decided that for resale purposes only, we'd stick with something a little more boring, like earth. And our finished product of the tile! I haven't painted those base boards yet, so don't judge them in the picture. This week has been the biggest headache ever. And from here on out, we are so paying for people to do stuff for us, seeing as how installing moulding almost sabotaged our marriage. Not for reals, but we are both VERY stubborn and VERY right all the time, so projects like this kind of aren't our thing.
But we are done with another major step! All we have left is our bathrooms, kitchen sink and possibly counters, a new AC unit, crown moulding, casing and carpeting!
Anyhoo, happy weekend friends! I hope it's awesome for you.
Oh, and if anyone has an extra 44 oz. of Diet Pepsi from QT lying around, feel free to bring it over!

30 comments:

Erica said...

Everything looks beautiful! I am jealous of all your new stuff. And there is nothing better than a perfectly clean fridge.

angiedunn said...

I'm convinced we lead twinner lives...just two years apart. No...but really. I didn't watch Arrested Development THIS morning, {had a haircut} but I do everyday. And my daughter pretty much hates me for it, because the tv is auto-tuned to it, and it comes on during seseme & i won't let her change it back.

I had to chuckle about how tile has sabataged your marriage, because even though it was a joke, i can just picture it...like when we put tile and base @ the retal. {hence us hiring someone this time.} Only Myron's the know-it-all & I'm perfect. JUST KIDDING!

Long live OCD!! That's classic...

Love the new stuff! It looks FAB mel. And even though it might be kinda blasphemus, don't worry...I rarely cook on my new range either. We have time & all freaking eternity...WHATS THE RUSH?

I'm glad that chloe's face plants & body slams brought you joy...as it did me.

What timeish tomorrow were you thinkin'? I have a baby blessing {yes, apparently that's allowed? who knew?} so I'm not sure if I can come...but would basically love to, if my schedule permits. So just let me know.

Hope I can come, because apparently...by the looks of this comment...I need some adult interaction.

Later!

Sara! said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara! said...

It looks so good! I'm glad you went with the white, the black top goes with the microwave, so it looks so good! Congrats on getting your life (or house, mine seem to coincide - if that's the right word,) in order. Speaking of right word, last night this guy came over to our house to talk to us about getting a pool (no we're not getting one today or probably this year, due to them costing a freaking 40G,) anyhow, he said libarry, install instead of instill, and one other thing that I can't remember... Like I'm going to buy something from someone who says LIBARRY! (And he wouldn't leave for 3 hours and was wearing SHORT shorts.) See you tonight!

Unknown said...

Jake and I have a hard time with home improvement for the same stubbornness reason.

Kirk and Aly said...

Wow! It's looking so good! I can't wait for it to get all done so we can start having scrappin' parties at your decked out mansion! No fair having an icemaker that was actually installed right and works! You see, our icemaker and tubing had difficulties being installed by pro-installer Kirk, so he was going to get his dad to help him, but that was 5 years ago, and it's not top on his priority list, so it probably never will be installed. So we have ice from our cute little star or circle shape ice tray. Awesome!

angiedunn said...

good good call. we don't want any scary men stalking you. um, so i just sent you an email back, stating my saddness that even though i'm typically the opposite of a busy person, somehow i'm busy today. invite me again. i keep saying that. but do. cause that'd be fun.

The Fletchies said...

Your house is hot! I'm very impressed with your new improvements. And kind of sad that I'm not that OCD. I really need some perfectionist genes because all of my projects look like I did a half a job.

Anyways. Congrats on the new appliances and for being tough. I think all the Jones girls are good at taking things into their own hands and painting, sawing, sanding, whatever fits the bill.I really think you should give us a tour sometime. I would enjoy that.

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Could you please bring your OCD self over and paint behind my toilet? And fix the part in between my ceiling and the top of my wall? Because I don't want to do it, but it drives me insane. Seriously.

Anonymous said...

Your post about Enrichment is insulting and inappropriate. You should be ashamed of yourself for acting like that. Get over the fact that someone made a mistake in not announcing it. Enrichment is an Inspried group even if you dont think. Grow up and start acting like an adult. Not everything is going to go your way all the time. Thanks for making our religion look bad. I am glad there are alot of great people with the same faith as ours so they can make up for ignorant people like you.

Sara! said...

Interesting that anonymous chose to be anonymous. Apparently they don't know you? That's funny! Um, look, they commented *twice* on the enrichment post (must have still been fuming from the night before.) Way to take the focus off ME!! :)I'm still laughing... you get all the best stalkers!

Anonymous said...

Its because this blog is full of stupid things

Sara! said...

Sorry Miss to hijack your blog. I've added angry anonymous comments to my list of favorite things. Seriously, can't be beat! My heart flutters each time I see a new one, be it a real anonymous or torn ligament or t-shirt shop. So fun!

Grace Ryan said...

i would totally bring overa 44 ozer if i was in town and help out. hey your house is looking awesome. wow. i wish I could see it. good job melissa! all your hard work will pay off. it's fun to update it.

Erica said...

Is this anonymous commenter for real? Or is it Kevin? Either way I love him or her.

MeL said...

Dear Ms. Anonymous,
Looky here:
http://lds.org/conference/talk/display/0,5232,23-1-646-32,00.html

Love, Melissa

P.S. I like my blog and all of my stupid things on it! :)

angiedunn said...

Well Mels, I LOVE your blog and all the AMAZINGLY fun, HILARIOUS, and inspiring things on it.

So there.

Anonymous said...

That was a stupid way of trying to deffend you post. You did not offend me, Its just to bad you dont realize that the post is insulting. Maybe this post should be forwarded to the bishop to see what he has to say.

Anonymous said...

dang! you are quite the talented lady!
ps. why is someone bashing you like none other...and yet they have read all the way to that post....must be some type of obsession if you ask me...or someone with nothing better to do with their time. ;/

The Fletchies said...

Emily just informed me of all the anonymous posts. If your blog wasn't entertaining enough it's becoming even more so. I love it!

MeL said...

Anonymous, are you for real? Give me a freaking break, if you knew me at all you would clearly know that I was joking about Enrichment, and I think it is quite the far stretch of any imagination to say that I am making our religion look bad. Personally I think that you being self-righteous and judgemental is a far worse example than mine. By the way, if you have such a problem with me and my life, stop looking at my blog, it's as simple as that. Like I said earlier, I like my life and my blog, so there.



By the way friends and family, sorry to have such drama on the blog! However if you found this entertaining, you are welcome!

MeL said...

Anonymous, shouldn't you be busy texting your friends about what you are going to be doing while standing outside the movie theatre this weekend, grow up.

nicole and kevin said...

Wow Mel,
Good job on just about starting a riot. That is so exciting. I hope this girl hasn't seen our blog because I think it is way more controversial.
Ms. Anomnyous don't e-reprove my little sister! If you want to yell at someone I have tons more views you can yell at. I think the church should get rid of the Scouting program. I'm a big fan of freedom of choice. Don't get me started about immigration! Let me see if there is anything else I can cause a ruckus about...Oh, Cats rule! Dogs drool! Stop being so self righteous. I love you.
Kev

The Jones Fam said...

Okay, I'm totally staying out of the drama...

Anyway, to answer your question about Amy- here's the Reader's Digest version: Doctor said she had fallen off the growth chart (1 year with no growth), did a bone study- showed her bones were 18 months younger than she really is, did another test to measure growth hormone levels- normal= between 75 and 200, Amy was 52. Did last test to stimulate her pituitary gland to see if she actually could produce growth hormone = results normal. So basically she's just a late bloomer. She'll just probably be a very awkward 13 year old when her tall skinny genes finally catch up with her.

The Jones Fam said...

P.S. I think this is a record of how many comments on one post. You're so fetch!

Kelli said...

Oh my gosh! How did I miss out on all of this drama?! I almost thought that the first annonymous post was just a joke, but apparently it wasn't. That is the most ludacris thing I've ever heard. And, 25, well now 26 comments? Yes, I do believe thats a record.

Sara! said...

I think that your new device is like a marauders map. How fun! Could you see me coming?

Erica said...

I just wanted to add that I LOVE Harry Potter references. So thank you Sara for the marauders map comment. Zach and I couldn't find this place once, so I said "maybe it's on platform 9 and three quarters." and we laughed a lot. Rachel and Chad did not.

The Fletchies said...

sorry to steal your blog for my own purposes Mel but, Erica, I love that Zach reads Harry Potter. I'm disappointed that Sam doesn't I hate people who won't read it on principle. That's all.

Rachel Hatch said...

I just now read all the comments that Julia had told me about the other night. My jaw was dropped the entire time. Simply amazing. Sorry you have been being harassed. But it was quite funny.