Friday, June 29, 2007

Philip's Dream Come True...

So earlier this week as we prepared for our tile to be ripped out, we had to move everything off the tile, including our refrigerator. I suggested putting it in the extra bedroom; Philip had something else in mind. Needless to say he has been in heaven this last few days, and is trying to talk me into getting a mini fridge for the corner of our living room. He's kind of joking, but kind of not at all.

Anyways, so our tile got ripped out on Wednesday, we went and picked up our molding today and ripped out the rest of the old stuff that had been grouted in and so hard to rip up with tile there. I've measured every wall in our house, and we're installing base boards tomorrow. Sighhhhhh, oh yeah, and one of our toilets is in the bathtub, we no longer have bathroom sinks or mirrors/medicine cabinets, and our washer and dryer are in our living room and extra bedroom. I told Philip that for sure next house we are remodeling/doing fix up stuff before we move in and have to live there.

I'm not complaining though, I promise. I'm super excited for it to all be done, but the road there is long, and everything in our house is out of order which makes me nuts!

So that's all, have a fantastic weekend everyone! If anyone is DYING to get down and dirty with home improvement stuff/try your hand at being Tim the Toolman Taylor, call me, I have just the project for you!

9 comments:

angiedunn said...

Oh how I hear ya. Dude, I can't stand the fact that NOTHING is in order! Word on the fridge being in the living room...good idea, yos. But seriously, my home is boarderline unsanitary at the moment, and it's giving me anxiety... Anyhow, happy tile!! I'm sure you will enjoy it as much as we enjoy ours...which is LOTS! TOTALLY worth the money.

Anonymous said...

how convenient! ;) k, so you may think i am quote-unquote crafty....but you my friend are beyond awesome! i could never do that kind of work...so kudos to you on that!

HooHoo said...

Whatever! Your bedroom used to look a lot worse than this. Actually, I am glad that you are so OCD now about things being in order now, and way to go on getting tile and moulding. Remember, you have to crack a few eggs to make an omelet.

Alisse Baldwin said...

I haven't been to your place in awhile- I like the decor!

And, of course you have a fleur-de-lis on your shelf, because I have like 30 in my house, too. We need to stop choosing the same things without each other knowing! Twinners for life, dawg.

Kirk and Aly said...

Miss, you get the prize for the most random and crazy commenters on your blog!! What's with Jones girls attracting crazyies?

Grace Ryan said...

wow! all these changes... are you guys fixing up your cute condo because you are trying to sell it soon or eventually? i love your changes on the wall. how's the ward? tell Beckah and Tyler I say "hi"... I miss you all!

Erica said...

That sounds like chaos. I'm hoping the end results will be thoroughly blogged about.

Heidi said...

Hello! Hope you don't mind, but I read your blog. Your house looks adorable, I would like to see more of it. Our living rooms are very similar, but my walls are the color of your couches, and my couch is the color of your wall. I know a blue couch sounds ugly, but it is actually cute. i love the blue and brown combo. Heidi

Brent and Brooke said...

Seriously Melissa, how do you do it? You attract the biggest anonymous fan club in your comments. I think it is so funny. I just thought of something funny... how you were going to keep the betty boop theme in your extra bedroom. Then I thought of Beep if you Boop! I wish I had that bumper sticker.

P.S I can't wait to see your new tile and molding. It's going to look fabulous!