Laura, you inspired me. Good going.
So tonight I decided to get physical, and by that I mean exercise. I hated every second of it, but not as much as I hate my legs that look like my least favorite dairy product.
Here's how it went down:
Minute 1:56 - I'm totally out of breath and look at the timer for the first of many times, and considered quitting right then and there.
Minute 4:12 - My legs are on fire.
Minute 7:45 - I get a cramp to conquer all cramps, but am determined to make it to 15 minutes.
Minute 15 - I realize that the last 7 or so haven't been too unbearable, set my new goal for 20 minutes.
Minute 20 - I'm in the middle of a good song, have to go to the end...and then I like the song after that too.
Minute 32:09 - I quit.
THIRTY-TWO MINUTES! People, this is an all time record for me. I'm not going to lie, I was a little afraid that I would be electrocuted due to the amount that I was sweating on an electrical machine and I'm not counting on being able to use my legs tomorrow, but it's a start.
I kind of wish I could see myself because I'm sure I would be a sight to behold since I look really attractive when I'm all sweaty, closing my eyes so that I stop myself from looking at the timer, and singing to my hearts content along with Tina, my mp3 player, so that I can't hear how hard I'm panting. You're welcome for that mental picture. Also, I don't think my heart has beat this hard since pre-surg a few years back...in fact I didn't think it was possible, but then again, not sure that I've worked out in the last three years or so, give or take 15 years.
Anyways, I'm feeling good, but it's also because I'm sitting down. Now I think I'll go reward myself and eat Chewy SweetTart balls for dinner. Mmm, delicioso!
13 comments:
Miss, way to get Physical! Physical!
Did you buy an elliptical, or were you at the gym? Either way, SERIOUSLY impressive. You sound like a new woman! {woman fits better there than "girl" even though I prefer to be a "girl" over a woman. Sorry. I might as well have called you ma'm.}
No no, the closest I would come to buying something exercise-oriented is my six dollar basketball shorts out of the little boys section at Target. The "Achiever", which is what the sticker on the side of the wretched machine says, is Melvin's. They're out of town so I feel comfortable being ugly all by myself, aka this new routine will end on Saturday when they get home. Waah... kind of.
P.S. I hate that you called me a woman. Not you, just the word.
I hate me, too.
I went Visiting Teaching on Sunday and we were talking about how being a Woman is so great (see this month's June Ensign's VT message). I think I horrified my partner (who is basically Mother Earth aka die-hard Mormom Mom) when I casually mentioned that I'd rather be referred to as a Girl than a Woman. So, that's what made me think of that.
That story was just in case you were wondering, which I know you weren't, but thought I'd waste some more of your Tuesday evening anyway.
Remember MSN Messenger in High School? This is kind of like that. Except we aren't telling each other which guy's name we checked off our "list." We were whores. Did I just say that out loud? Good thing Elise is out of town. She would reprimand (sp?) me... slash, Kev would pretend to me her and reprimand me.
I don't know what would be better. Watching you Elliptical or Melvin elliptical.I bet both are just as sweaty. I was going to say it would be a tie, but then I remembered that Melvin wears a sweat band. If you wore a sweat band it would turn into a tie again. Kev
32 minutes?! That is unbelievable. I bow to your skillz. One time me and Rachel thought we were going to start working out twice a week (hahahhahahhahahahaha) and I made it to about 10 minutes. It almost killed me. Literally.
great job! you rock the partaaaay. wow, I sound ghetto. But guess what, I do live in mesa.
I too was very inspired by laura, and had a little session with my treadmill...what a co-ink-ie-dink (sp? slash that is the ugliest fake word ever, and I really shouldn't type it even if i did know how to spell it.}
anyhoo, 32 minutes on the elliptical is quite impressive, seeming how i'm not even coordinated enough to spend two minutes on the elliptical. {insert embarrassing moment goldens gym 2002 story here.} truly, that's an accomplishment. Oh, and I bet the dixon sweat genes could rock the jones sweat genes any day!
you rock. way to be athletic & SUCH an entertaining blogger!
Hey bosom buddy! {ya, totally gross, yet pretty fun to say, surprisingly!} Yay for twinner tile! Did you purchase it at Floor & Decor by any chance? I'm so excited when I discover that I do things similar to your cute self. Now, if only I could be as funny & skinny as you...we'd be in business...
And are ya kiddin' me? I need your designing eye when it comes to my casa...in fact, I was just trying to up-close pics on your blog, so I could see how your shelves were arranged. I vote you take a picture & do a post of them. I want to do shelves & frames above my tv.
...the laura winslow reference was hilarious. didn't you hate the season when she slicked her hair to her head? i did. ry-guy & i were just talking about family matters. it's totally a show you HATE but you watch anyways, and know everything about. oh, and good job knowing how to spell Katsopolis!
you crack me up! I love the elliptical. It's the only thing I use since it's easy on your knees. I did that tonight. I'm glad you got through it though. You are hilarious. Have I told you how much I enjoy reading your blogs?
Exercising is for suckers! Seriously, I have a love/hate relationship with exercise. I actually enjoy it most the time and enjoy trying to see just how sweaty I can get (wringing out my sweatband and wristbands after a workout to see how much I've sweat), but I totally loathe the getting in your workout clothes, putting on and tying shoes (YUCK!), and then loading up kids who are all screaming, to go to the gym. Lame!! When you figure out how to boink yourself there, let me know!
OH my word. I am so impressed with you. Honestly, that is amazing! I get winded after walking up a flight of stairs...ya, my job is telling other people to exercise, and I am the laziest person on the face of the earth. I'm the biggest hypocrite I know, its fantastic. Good job.
No calling me a whore on my own blog! That's what yours is for... and for me the list stopped as soon as I started dating the kid that I did for the next 24 months or so, which was actually before it started. Anyways, enough of high school, if I wanted to be thoroughly embarrassed I would put a picture of my house being dirty or me with no make up or my chubby legs or SOMETHING else on here.
By the way Melissa, your very very skinny self and you burning bundles of calories on the elliptical was also a reason I thought I would give it a try. I think that after the 32 whole minutes it told me I burned like 42 calories, and that was also for the setting of my dad, who is not the Slender Mel Jones that he used to be, which means that I burned 7 calories...or so. At any rate, I told myself that it was good for me, and I haven't done it since.
Ang, I too hated the season where Laura slicked her hair way back. But remember Stephan? And the To Be Continued episode of them at DisneyWorld? That was the best.
Kell, you're a hard one to impress, I now consider my workout a complete success. I didn't mean to make that rhyme.
Have a great night everyone!
I apologize for inspiring anyone to exercise because this week due to my intense summer school class and a bout of food poisoning I haven't been to the gym since Tuesday. Alisse- I also hate being called a woman and much prefer girl or lady. Especially when boys say woman in that condescending voice to be jerks. Anyways way to exercise mel I am very impressed by your 32:09 minutes and that you added the extra nine seconds. I laughed.
Post a Comment