Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tankful Tuesday

Do you know what I love? Reading. Do you know who I love? The Mesa Public Library for letting me borrow their books for free (or just the small fee when I forget to return them on time, or forget to pick up the books that they're holding for me, whoopsies). But aren't they sweeties?
Currently they are holding these two gems for me:
both which came highly recommended (thanks Bekah and Emily!). I'm so grateful that there is a library near me, and that people write lovely and entertaining books, and that I've been blessed with a love for books and reading. Sometimes I kind of wish I didn't have to work and I could just read all day...sigh, maybe someday. :)

8 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

We should start a book club. I am obsessed with reading.

I need to start utilizing the library. I can't read a book if I don't own it. It's sort of a compulsion.

Guthrie's said...

THanks for reminding me of another blessing. I LOVE books and reading! I haven't posted it on my grateful list yet. Hey did you ever get the invite to our private blog? I got your e-mail address wrong the first time i sent it but hopefully got it right now. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Kirk and Aly said...

Oh yeah, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn was a recommendation from Beth. I read it a couple years ago and really liked it! You'll have to tell me how the other one is.

Maybe someday you can neglect your family and just read all day - it's awesome!

The Little's said...

The first one was a great movie! Should have read the book...

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Oh my gosh, I am so excited for you to read The Prize Winner of Defiance, Ohio. Amazing.com. p.s. discussion on the Jones cousin Christmas party needs to happen post haste. Sundays are best for us, just not the first one.

marry said...

Hey we bought in your condo complex... we are unit 122 or is it 211 I never remember

We will be there all the time so if you want to stop by after getting your mail and say hi :P

It isn't the cutest/prettiest, but it works...

james n mary said...

i LOVED a tree grows in brooklyn! one of my favs since high school.

i'm reading the gossip girl series. ok insert laughter in needed. i'm hooked. ha!

angiedunn said...

mesa public library is where it's at. i tried gilbert for a while, but i def prefer ghettoer mesa.