Monday, December 8, 2008

Music Review/Report & A Stocking Stuffer...

We are music people. Our ipod dock or iTunes is playing constantly, and we are open to almost anything (with the exception of me hating all that sounds angry). So, with the combination of people burning themselves out on Christmas music, the fact that I consider us to be music gurus, and of course, because you all trust my opinion so much, I've decided to do you all the favor of reviewing some of our recent purchases, and a recent discovery.
First up...
Cary Brothers - Who You Are
I have no idea when this album came out, it's been on our iTunes for a while, and I recently stumbled across it. And to put it simply, love at first listen. Totally chill but not so much that you want to fall asleep. Seriously, I could listen to it for hours (and currently am and have been) and I have yet to get sick of it. Download it now, and then thank me profusely.
...
Next: Ben Folds - Way to Normal
I was very much anticipating the release of this cd (and yes, we still buy cd's, because we like the artwork, and it's nice to just pop in a cd when you don't have a car with a built in adapter...aka, both of our cars). Sadly, it wasn't quite what I expected. Philip is more okay with it than I, but I just think that it sounds more rant-ish than lyrical... and quite honestly, wasn't a huge fan. (Sorry Abbie and Jake, can we still be friends?) But yes, kind of a let down in my mind.

...

And lastly,

Taylor Swift - Fearless

I'll be the first to admit, I LOVE country music. And even if you don't, you need to go purchase this cd RIGHT NOW. Honestly, it is a perfect follow up to her last album, which I also loved, and I listened to it for two weeks straight after it came out. I like that she sings innocent and age appropriate songs (and HOLLA to her for being only 18!) and I think that she is absolutely darling. Totally a girly cd to sing really loudly to, and let's be honest girls, who doesn't love to do that? Seriously, a girly must have of the season.

...

Alright, so this isn't music...obviously, but I'm throwing out a shameless plug for my school. We are selling these bad boys for 40 bones.

They are stronger than the ones that you can buy at the store, and it comes with three weeks worth, which is also more than the kits at the store. And I'm pretty sure that if one person used all of the kit for the entire time, their teeth would be fluorescent white/clear, so it's perfect to share! And who doesn't want crazy white teeth for all sorts of holiday pictures and whatnot? So anyways, perfect stocking stuffer, and if you really want, I'll even wrap them for you. So yes yes, get on this and let me know soon (via e-mail or comment) so that you can get them by Christmas!

Happy 17 days until Christmas!

14 comments:

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

I NEED teeth whitening potion! I want my teeth to be as bright as Ross's on that one Friends episode. Amen to the review on Ben Folds. Much anticipated, major letdown. Boo.

Unknown said...

Secret confession: I don't own that album. I listened to some of it online, and decided against buying it.

The best part of the show? When Ben Folds said "I'm gonna play a couple more songs from the new album, leave the stage, listen to your applause for a while, and then come back for a surprise encore and play a bunch of old stuff". And that's what he did.

Kelli said...

I really appreciate music reviews, so thanks for that. I'm right there with you on still buying CDs...I like having something to show for my purchase, instead of just files on my computer. I've always wanted to somehow display cds in my room, but have never thought of a good/creative enough way to do it. Maybe someday when my mind is more decoratively inclined...

Busy Bee Lauren said...

I am going to write down that top artist, because I had never heard of them...but I am excited to give a listen.

I LOVE Taylor Swift. Great voice...and Great hair!

Jo Dee said...

Aniston wants that Taylor swift cd for christmas. And I want the white strips for christmas. Give Andy the hint for me K?

Alisse Baldwin said...

Buying CD's is where it's at! Especially when your computer crashes & you lose all your iTunes... you still have the CD's.

Thanks for the reviews. And thanks for existing.

EmileeandJonny said...

If I had money I would totally want those white strips... but I don't. Also since my teeth already would get incredibly sensitive with the normal ones maybe the professional ones would feel even worse??? too bad though cause I'm too poor!

angiedunn said...

well it's safe to say you have good taste in music. {i appreciate.} taylor swift is a personal fave. excellent reviews. thanks for the B.F. heads up.

Cassie said...

I love when others talk about music. It makes me smile. I love TS, I've been singing her tunes for the last two weeks. Good thing John likes her too or I would get a swift kick in the butt from how often I play it. I love 'Hey Stephen'. Because you have her on your list I'm gonna take your advice and try the other two cd's. I better like 'em Mel or it's your hide.

james n mary said...

OMG totally great idea! may i have two boxes?! i can either give you cash or write you a check - which ever is easier!!!

music music music. i love it melissa. i stumble across bands from compilation cds - music from the OC, one tree hill...that kinda stuff! i'm still a sucker for pop though!

james n mary said...

ok i totally meant to give you the check in my bag today at church!!! sorry!!! would you like me to drop it off at your house or just keep it until sunday?

Kim and Matt said...

Thank you for the whitestrips idea. I went out and bought them for my own stocking. :)

james n mary said...

hey melissa! yay for breaks! i can drop the check off tomorrow afternoon/evening if that works for you?! dude, i'm at home like all day so whatever works for you works for me!

james n mary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.