Sunday, November 30, 2008

End of November...

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little sad that November is over, since it is by far my favorite month. Such a romantic month, wouldn't you say? Not like cheesy romantic like February, just a lovely month. So anyways, the Wednesday before Thanksgiving is seriously my favorite night of the year. It is a night that me and my sisters get together to make pie. And this year, we had a few extra guests... Yes yes, Chris and Beth and Sophie came for Thanksgiving this year, and of course this is the only picture that I got of all three of them, because I'm awesome. And I was kind of obsessed with this tiny girl, because honestly, have you seen anything cuter in your life? You should answer no.
So back to pie night. Generally the following things happen: we laugh our pants off (which can get a little uncomfortable), burn or ruin or drop a couple of pies, don't think quite as clearly as we should, make a mess at my mom's house, make a QT run, don't finish up or go home until WAAAAY too late, and think that we are pretty much the most hilarious people ever. No wonder I love this night huh?
Then I asked Chris to take a picture for me, and he took like 12. It was awesome. Sometimes (as evidenced below) Sara likes to be gay and thinks she's really funny for being so gay.
And even if we weren't looking, she'll continue to do that gay thing until she gets noticed and gets a laugh. Hence this picture. Then we try to take normal/cute pictures...
and again with our mom...
and then all uggo breaks loose, which apparently comes a little too easily to us.
Seriously, laugh my pants off. I love those girls. I usually come home and tell Philip the stories from them, and can barely get through them because I'm laughing so hard, and then he says something like, "Was it kinda like you had to be there?"
Don't you hate it when people say that? I want to punch them (people in general, not Philip so much) and say, "No, it's funny even if you weren't there. Idiot." Because I'm a sweetheart.
Anyhoo, Thanksgiving is truly a blessed day, and everything about it makes me happy.
Except maybe when Philip does retarded faces when I want a good picture, and then I get mad and end up looking equally or more retarded than he does.
Seriously though, Lindblom girls do Thanksgiving, and all meals, right. Never will you find more delicious food than than in their kitchens.
And lucky for me, they like us enough to continually feed us. I seriously love all of these girls to death (as well as the other three that weren't there).
We seriously ate until we wanted to die, and it was delightful.
The rest of the weekend was spent hanging out with family and friends, and trying to make Sophie love me the most. Unfortunately that wasn't the case, but I'm pretty sure that Philip is still her favorite uncle. Especially after he made Sophie's baby do a sweet hip hop dance. To put it mildly, Philip made a lifeless doll dance better than me (not hard to be better than me, but seriously...a doll?)
So I stuck to previously conquered territory, and hung out with Oakley. And no I didn't beat him, that is dirt on his head, though I'm not sure how much better that is. Whatev, the kid loves me regardless. And more because she's so so SO stinkin' cute...
...and I only see her a couple times a year. And she looks good in hats.
Other than family stuff, I've made some decent progress on my Christmas shopping, and loved getting to wrap presents again! And in case you're wondering, no present is too big for wrapping paper...
Oh! And Hobby Lobby has wrapping paper again which basically made my life on Saturday. And as I was standing contemplating which I should buy and how much I could get away with/justify buying, a girl came up rather close to me, which made me rather uncomfortable, and whispered, "Just so you know, you're zipper is down." I immediately thanked her and took care of business, and purchased three rolls of wrapping paper to boost my spirits. Kind of an awesome ending to an awesome weekend.
Happy December guys.

11 comments:

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Oh my goodness. How I love you...and your awesome posts. First off....love the pie idea. Except, my mom doesn't know how to make pie...so it wouldn't work out with my family.

Mostly loved the lady that told you your zipper was down! I would have diiiiiiied.

Lindsee said...

Great, that whole zipper thing made me laugh out loud at work. Just a little uncomfortable. :)

•stephanie• said...

thanksgiving and pies rock.
but hobby lobby and zippers made me laugh.
btw . . . winner winner chicken dinner.

kellibattraw said...

I never read your blog without laughing out loud! You're too funny and I can't wait to see you, in 17 days. : ) And, Sophie is absolutely adorable!

The Fletchies said...

okay Sara just had a baby and she is seriously skinnier than I have ever been...not like that's hard but seriously? seriously.

The Little's said...

Just so you know, I have blog stalkers that also stalk your blog because they know they can come here for some laughs. Thanks for stealing my thunder and then making me feel better with your stories. PS-Your zipper is STILL down.

angiedunn said...

friends don't let friends have zippers down. go hobby lobby girlfriend.

um, i love thanksgiving & this post made me love it even more. you're adorable.

Jenny Hogle said...

I love your funny faces. . . And hobby lobby. I ditched school on the Friday after thanksgiving to go to hobby lobby. . . Some might call it irresponsible, but if its irresponsible then I dont want to be responsible. . . I'm pathetic.

Kelli said...

It is always sad to see such a good month come to an end, however, it sounds like you lived it up to it's fullest. You can be proud of your November 2008.

P.S. - I think you owe me pie-making lessons.

KristinaKendal said...

Hey girly. How are you doing? Wow you and your hubby look so cute and happy together. Hope to hear from you soon.

KristinaKendal said...

Hey girly. How are you doing? Wow you and your hubby look so cute and happy together. Hope to hear from you soon.