Monday, December 29, 2008

A little letter to the babies...

Dear Future Baby Philissas,
.
I am one step closer to being ready for you to join our family. You see my little darlings, I sewed.

It was a small project, just aprons for my Sunbeams, but I did it by myself (after your sweet Grandma Jones showed me how on the first one). And they turned out to be very adorable. I now feel confident that I could construct pajamas, or a very simple Halloween costume...er, maybe just your trick-or-treating bag, or at the very least, another apron. Isn't sewing a prerequisite for being a mom though? I thought so. Hooray for us and our little future family! See you in a couple years!

. Love, Your Future Mom

. P.S. Your sweetheart Dad made dinner tonight without being asked, without any help, and without any reason...just because he's perfect. I think that he too is one step closer to being ready to meet you guys.

8 comments:

Jo Dee said...

Those aprons were adorable. I didnt know you had the hidden talent of sewing. So lets see, great pie maker...check, great sewer...check, what's next?

Ryan Nelson Family said...

I can't sew - I know its hard to believe - Ryan's grandmother nearly had a heartattack and almost didn't let him marry me because of it.

Scott and Cheryse said...

That is so cute that you made aprons for your sunbeams. They will miss you in Primary. Now you can work on prom dresses for your young women girls!! Just kidding!!

HooHoo said...

Meet the parents! You two are ready for sure, all the prerequisites done. And Yup! Prom dresses ARE next! You know how to design them, let's start working on one soon.

Bekah Parker said...

Wow excellent job! I can't sew with beans!

The Fletchies said...

those aprons are so cute! and you are the cutest teacher for making them. Sewing is def. a prerequisite for mom-dom... so congrats on getting one-step closer.

Unknown said...

Who told you about our secret mom prerequisites? I want names.

Scott+Tiffany said...

super cute aprons! We had fun with you guys the other night