Sunday, November 9, 2008

Hospitals

So my family has been no strangers to hospitals lately. First we had Julia who gave birth to her tiny baby Sam on the 15th. Then, not even two weeks later, Philip's sister Tammie had a little boy named Benjamin! How stinkin' fun is it to have BFF cousins? And Benjamin has two adorable adoring big brothers, and if this isn't the cutest picture I've seen in my life, I don't know what is.
Then earlier this week, Philip's sister, Wendi, was in her attic and took a wrong step and consequently fell through the ceiling in the garage and smashed her heel into dust. Not joking, her heel bone was powder. Therefore, she had two surgeries this week, and will get to have another in a couple weeks. Poor thing was in so much pain though that she was on some crazy pain meds, so I didn't take a picture of her when we went to visit, just her enormously bandaged foot.

And last but not least, my sister Sara, who has not one, but two tiny babies growing inside her, has been admitted into the hospital until the baby boys are born. She says she's fine, but she is bored out of her mind, so I go down to be bored with her as much as possible.

And of course the first night we went down there, I wanted to snuggle up with her on her bed, because I have closeness issues and always want to be close to my favorite people, and hadn't seen her in like 3 whole days.

And Philip was once again Oakley's favorite uncle, and kept him entertained for a very long while. Now aren't they cute?

So if you need me in the next week or so, I'll be at the hospital, or at school, or studying/sleeping. Pretty sweet huh?

In all of this though, I have seen both my family and my in-laws totally pull together and take care of the girls in the hospital as well as their boys that are left without wives and moms for the time being. It seriously makes me count each and every one of them as my blessings, and know that I have truly, TRULY been blessed with the best family I could ever imagine. How lucky am I? Answer: RIDICULOUSLY LUCKY. Thanks fam, Jones and Lindblom, for being rad.

Have a fun and happy week friends!

8 comments:

angiedunn said...

yay to babies being born and a big fat ouch to heals that are powder. yikes. [ouch again.]

bless sara's cutest pregnant heart. i'm sending her & her four boys my wellest wishes & happiest-non-bored vibes!

mels: take care this week, to & fro school/hospital/school/home/hospital/home/school/hospital/etc.

Kelli said...

Wow, never a dull moment down there. My suggestion to Sara is to learn how to knit...I'm serious. It can be somewhat addicting.

Good luck keeping up with all of the madness and mayhem. If anyone can do it, it'd be you.

Janet said...

Elder Dad and I love watching the blogs to find out the latest stuff in you kids lives. Thanks for being so good at this because we not only find out what "the boy" is doing but get to know you and your family!! And, hey, did anyone in the Lindbloms remember to take a pic of Wendi's foot?? Now way!! Thanks for the bonus picture.
We love and miss you
Sister MUM and Elder Dad in cold, snowy, Erie, Pa. (yes, we got 4-5 inches of the white stuff last night!! Watch the blog!!

kellibattraw said...

You're too sweet... and can you explain to me how your sister is so rediculously small for having twins?!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Ahhh, sorry about the no-funs these past few weeks! But YAY for happy-funs, too! Why haven't you announced that it's only 9 DAYS until your birthday?! :)

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Your sister Sara looks so pretty! Bring her lots of books and movies...maybe some hollywood gossip. Or am I the only one who enjoys hollywood gossip?

Jenny Hogle said...

Yeah! I'm so happy! Kill her for not looking gross after giving birth. Not really I just envy her. Congrats Sara!

abo-bder said...



شركة تنظيف مجالس بالرياض
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالدمام
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالخرج
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالمزاحمية
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالطائف
شركة تنظيف مجالس بابها
شركة تنظيف مجالس بخميس مشيط
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف مجالس بالاحساء
شركة تنظيف مجالس بمكة