Thursday, September 4, 2008

A Thursday Ritual

In case you were wondering, half days are like the greatest things on the planet. Every Thursday I have a half day and usually get home around 1 or so, which I love. My afternoon then starts exactly like this:
Watch last night's Project Runway while eating ramen, a Rice Krispy treat, and Diet Pepsi... a delightful combination in case you were wondering. Why else would I eat them all together every Thursday afternoon?
Then after that I usually do something really productive like blog or take a nap, or in today's case, both. This morning when I woke up my first thought was, "I'm so taking a nap today." Seriously, my body hates me when I get less than eight hours of sleep at night.
In exciting/accomplishment news, Philip had his last day at his first rotation today! Doesn't he look adorable in his dress up/work clothes?

Seriously, if I walked up to a Pharmacy and something that cute helped me, I would totally swoon. I'd let him fill my prescription any time. Heh, my prescription for lovin'. Lol, I like being lame.

Also on the exciting news front, we were recently informed that our wedding photo negatives were either for sale or going in the trash. One perk of buying them? They put them all on a cd for us so that I don't have to scan in 277 pictures...THANK GOODNESS.

So I present you with a less well known wedding picture that didn't quite make it in the album...

When Philip saw me perusing the cd and then double click on this one he specifically said, "Don't put that one on the blog." When I replied, "...but it's funny...?" He firmly stated, "It's not funny, it's ugly."
Sorry Love, I still think it's funny.
Happy weekend yos.

12 comments:

Jo Dee said...

I love the squished noses. I have to tell you that Rock would agree with the ramen thing. It is his favorite right now.

Sara! said...

Gag but also LOL really hard at "fill my perscription." Philip has a cool job. BTW, PJ - thanks for the dosing info on Tylenol. I heart my personal pharmacist! (I'm getting a window decal, but how can I incorporate halo/horns into that?)

james n mary said...

melissa...you are TOO CUTE and adorable!!! i LOVE project. did you see this week's episode??!! I wasn't sad at all to see someone go home...my fav right now is kinsley! wait...that's not how you spell her name is it?!

and hey i wanted to let ya know, if you guys EVER need a sub for your sunbeams class, hit us up! we were the teachers for ever and ever and ever! we still even have all the old activities! oh the joys of cleaning...NOT.

kellibattraw said...

I think the squished noses are funny too. Man you guys were seriously tan then!

Wendi said...

Todd and I had a good chuckle- loved the squished noses! And I could TOTALLY hear Philips voice in my head " don't put that on the blog." gotta love that boy!
Wendi

Jenae said...

Hi Melissa,it is Jenae Nylander!! You are great - I loved the picture of the squished noses!!!Clayton is out of town, but when he comes back and asks how my week was, that picture will definitely be at the top of my list of things to tell/show him.

Lindsee said...

That is hilarious!! It's so hard to listen to the victims in the pictures sometimes...I have the same problem.

Kelli said...

Half days and rituals are the best. It sounds like you've got a good thing goin.

And yes, we should definitely pretend to be cultured and go to events just to leave at intermission...or earlier.

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Love the noses! Totally awesome to the max.

I want Ramen so bad right now. Tell me, which do you prefer? The chicken or the beef? Do you crunch up the noodles or keep them in the longish form?

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Oh! By the way, I think I saw you at Ikea, from a distance, on Saturday. But I couldn't be sure because I have horrible vision.

Kristin said...

You cannot deny yourself a personally packaged probably by the keebler elves rice krispy treat. Hollah!!!!

angiedunn said...

i so approve of that ritual. it's fabulous. i've never seen project runway, but i'm fairly certain i'd love it. i'm kind of easy to please when it comes to reality or prime-time soap-opera television.

you are such a hard worker/schooler...you deserve a happy afternoon o' ramen & tv, i reckon!