It is high time that you all be officially introduced to my littlest older brother, and his oh so attractive and perfect wife:
Kevin & Nicole Jones
Kev and Nicole currently, and finally might I add, live here in Mesa, after spending the first year and a half of their marriage living in Louisiana! They just bought an adorable house, and are currently working on making the inside as cute as can be. They have been married for almost two years now, and have a wiener dog named Bruce that they treat like a child, which is awesome.
These two are seriously like the cutest couple I've ever met. They are always super happy and friendly and laughing, and are up for a good time. They absolutely adore each other, and have learned a lot from each other since they've been married. I love them as a couple because they love to have fun together, but work together really well too. And honestly, who ever thought that Kev would find a wife skinnier than him? And ta-da! Nicole is! We love them.
Growing up, Kev was a darling little boy, which is probably why he was always everyone's Kevie Baby. And the poor little thing got a heck of a little sister before he was even two (that would be me), which is why we have always been so close.
Kev is by far the most coordinated Jones. He learned how to ride a bike without training wheels at the tender age of three, he played more sports than any of the rest of us combined, and he combined his coordination with musical talent and played the drums for ten-ish years. I'm fairly certain that he got the genes that were supposed to be spread equally amongst all of us kids.
As annoying and bossy of a younger sister as I was, I'm surprised that he liked me enough to be my friend. We were often about the same height, and I used to pretend that we were twins, and secretly wished that we were.
Every year we would go trick-or-treating together and often dress up as the same thing. Except for the year that I was a witch and had a very very sorry costume, and when I walked around the school in the Halloween parade, a kid in his class said I looked dumb and Kevin punched him in the stomach. That's what big brothers are for, right?
I believe this is when our love for Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at Disneyland was born. Kev is fun to go to amusement parks with because he will scream really unattractively on roller coasters with you, and most likely lose his voice because of it.
Something that I can never thank Kevin enough for is always letting me tag along with his friends. See here is him and Jared, and I'm the cute boy with the helmet on. I'm sure I was really helpful.
This didn't stop there though, when I started 7th grade, I didn't know anyone, and luckily for me, Kev let me tag along with him, sit with him at lunch, and hang out with him and his friends until I made my own friends. It was also a very unattractive stage of my life (as evidenced below), which he was sweet enough to ignore.
High school was not an exception, Kev was still super nice to me, and he still is. He is super easy to talk to on the phone, and will call you at least once a day to see how your day is or if anything new is going on. He will laugh at lame jokes and tell even more lame ones, and basically makes you glad that you talked to him, even though you may not have thought that you had much to talk about in the first place.
One of my all time favorite things about Kev is how skinny he is! Check out those leggies!
And is it odd that we have no shortage of pictures of Kev wearing shorty shorts or not shorts to showcase his legs more?
And is it more odd that after a while it became a game to see how unattractively skinny he could look?
As odd as it all may be, it sure is funny. And fyi, he's still that skinny, and he's kind of/really proud of it.
Random tidbit about Kevie, he's my dad's favorite, and always has been. Kevin could get my dad to buy him ANYTHING, just by whining, scratching his back, closing his eyes half way sort of pathetically, and saying it would be a good bonding experience for them. And as much as my dad would laugh and roll his eyes, he would always cave. Lucky boy.
Another random fact, Kev has freakishly white teeth, that are super straight and perfectly shaped, and yet for some reason he is really self-conscious about them and always tells my dad that he needs veneers. Ridiculous huh? And if you tell him that his teeth look white, he'll freak out and say that he needs to bleach them... and then that he needs veneers.
Kev went to Japan on his mission which suits him so well. He has always been a fan of eating gross things or trying it just to see if it was really bad, so going somewhere and eating all new food was like a dream come true for him.
And him taunting the crawdads that he would later eat...gross. Him living not in Arizona was really hard on all of us because we were so used to having him around all the time. He is the ultimate hard worker and a go-to person when you need someone to do any electrical work, help you move, go choose out and buy a fan and install it, hang up a gigantic clock, pick you up and take you to work when you get a flat tire, and then go and put the spare on, and take it to be fixed while you're still at work, babysit on short notice...you name it, he did it for our family. He is the type of person that always puts family first and will do anything to be of help.
Though I could have chosen any number of pictures of Kev with all of our nieces and nephews surrounding him, I chose the Creepy Uncle Kevin picture because it makes me laugh. Kevin is seriously so good with kids and is going to be such a good and not creepy dad. All of our nieces and nephews think he is the coolest ever because he will have coloring contests with them, ride down the stairs in sleeping bags, and take his Wii over so that they can have a good time.
Have you heard enough about him? Well now let's meet the adorable girl that we call Nicole. When Kev first told me about Nicole, I knew who she was, but didn't know her at all. And my first thought was, "Hmm, she's too pretty to be nice." And honestly, that thought couldn't be LESS true!! Nicole is seriously the sweetest girl on the face of the planet, and will always always laugh at everything you say!
Kevie really really liked Nicole when they first met and would tell me that he liked her because she was super nice, super funny, and wasn't fake or anything, just herself. He also didn't mind her darling style and rockin' bod, I'm sure. And she never fails to impress with her TGIF knowledge and quick references to Full House. She is also the world's best aunt, and the grandkids love her. She will someday be the world's cutest mom, no joke.
She has also been ridiculously supportive of Kev and his career. She moved with him to Louisiana three months after they got married, and now that they've moved back here, she still sends him off every other week for 7 whole days, while she stays here. And have you seen a cuter copilot ever?
I love Love LOVE having a brother and sister-in-law that are seriously my BFF's and that I so enjoy hanging out with! They are always willing to hang out with us, even if it is just sitting on our couches and talking about nonsense until the wee hours! Oh, and if you ever are in the mood for Filiberto's and need someone to go with you, 98% of the time, they're in the mood too.
Seriously, aren't they just cute? Both of them are also very very stylish, and always look put together, but are also always up for french toast at our house on a Saturday morning, where showers are optional. Basically they are cute no matter what, and don't mind being a little less than fresh if the occasion doesn't call for it. It's great.
So that's Kevie and Nicole! I seriously love them so much and they are some of my best friends in the world! They are also so so sweet for putting up with me being my very bossy self, as I often step over my boundaries as a sister because I just want the best for them. I couldn't ask for a better big brother and wife that suits him more perfectly! I love you kittens!
13 comments:
Danny & I are less than 2 years apart, and I used to pretend we were twins too.
My favorite Kevin memory was in high school. We had the class right after lunch together. My spanish teacher took me to lunch one day at Rosa's and I didn't finish all of my flying saucer so I brought the left overs to class with me. I put them on the ground next to me. About 5 min in to class I look over and Kevin is totally eating my flying saucer. There was maybe 3 bits left. He didn't even feel bad about it.
CoCo, you're still mad about the flying saucer, aren't you?
Kevin is such a good left over cleaner upper. If we ever went out to eat and brought home a doggie bag, box,or foil swan, it was gone before morning. I miss that now that Kev isn't checking out the fridge daily.
Crazy what you miss when the season is gone...like messy garages from ramp building, broken arms and bike fixing. Isn't it crazy that I thought Jake was in the background of the gold shirt?
I love reading your family bios Melissa. It makes me wish I knew them.: )
For those of you who just look at pictures and go straight to the comments, let me sum up. Kevin was and still is the weirdest kid ever. How did he ever get such an amazing and hot wife?!
hilarious, thoughtful, and entertaining: as have been all the chapters o' family week. i'm sad to see it end.(:
nicole: your hair is amazingly adorable at all lengths & styles. cutest couple ever!
i'm still thinking about stealing this idea & doing it for my fam. is it patented?
When I was eating a depressing dinner all by myself tonight, I suddenly remembered that the Kevie Baby post was going to be up in all its glory and I got SO excited!!! It was so fun to read all about our little Kevie and cute Nicole. Miss, whenever I read these posts, it makes me think, "my family is really awesome!" Thanks for the great memories and highlights. Kev has #1 legs.
Jake
melissa! you have such a HUGE fam!!!
I LOVE your family posts! The Jones family is just too cute!
You forgot to mention Kev's shoe fettish, starting with the blue boots when he was 2, then moccasins he made and stylishly sported and then the old man shoes - I forgot what they're called. Kev's always so fun to have around! I don't think we could have lasted more than the year and half that he was gone away from us! I love that he's the only Jones that calls people, and keeps us all in touch and up to date. We love you Kevie, and think that Nicole is amazing too! Seriously the best babysitter around! My girls wish that she could be their mom, or at least full-time nanny!
Melissa- don't ask me how but I somehow found your blog- how are you doing?! I haven't seen you in forever!
Ok- you kill me! I think you could write novels- you have the most amazing memories and your family should be lucky they have you around. I know we are glad you are part of our:)
Wendi
Aww! I loved this post. Totally cute. She looks a lot like a girl I had a college class with. I wonder if they are sisters.
Post a Comment