It was three years ago today, that this boy became all mine.
Better yet, he's mine forever.
So, in honor of the three years we have been married, I present a little history lesson.
It all started with Disneyland... okay, not really, it started with a blind date, which is a story for another day, and then we dated and got all serious, and then we went to Disneyland!
That trip took place like five days after we decided that we were seriously in love, and wanted to hang out for eternity...needless to say, I was quite giddy that trip.Then, on New Year's Eve, 2004, he asked me to be his wife...and my exact response was "ABSOLUTELY."
And FYI, my ring is the prettiest in the entire world. It is EXACTLY what I wanted, and I'm sorry girls, I think mine is prettier than yours... :)
We then had a ridiculously long engagement, 5 long months, which I will have to say, was great for planning, not so great though for kids that want to be married.(and I might have returned that dress after our engagement pictures were taken...shhh)
And Philip was introduced to my total OCD when I had the idea that we should make a chain until we got married. He agreed, and then I gave him the job of stapling, and gave him specific instructions on how to do so. Thank goodness he didn't call off the wedding when he had a glimpse into the future of living with a crazyface....truly the greatest day of my life.
My Grandpa Huber sealed us, which was amazing.
This is one of my favorite pictures
Yet another favorite...
My Grandpa Huber sealed us, which was amazing.
This is one of my favorite pictures
Yet another favorite...
We got through the day and started our first year of marriage!
I often would do something lame to celebrate the month landmarks...usually candles in something that was too hot, and then they would melt inside the food, and it would be all waxy. Here was the first time it happened, happy four months!

Year two of like a kajillion...
And finally, year three of infinity or so...
I am constantly amazed at how much more I love Philip every day, because seriously, I thought that I loved this kid in 2005? Good grief, I didn't even know the beginning of how much I would grow to adore him. Lucky lucky me.
Happy three years, my love!
I love you more than anything else in the world!


10 comments:
Choose your love. Love your choice. I'm glad you do. You looked like mere children 3-4 years ago.
you are the cutest wifee. he is equally as lucky! your wedding pictures are absolutely gorgeous! i'd kill for a teensy-tiny waist!
Time flies when your having fun doesn't it? Congratulations on three wonderful years. Happy Eternity!
Congratulations guys- you're too cute! : )
Oh, the timeline. Happy 3 years!
That's so, so crazy that the craziest/funnest events of our lives happened that long ago! Remember when I called you on May 19, 2005 to give you advice/what to expect? That was fun/awkward. And it was 3 years ago!
And, um, SRB took the "C's get degrees" route this semester, so please feel better about yourself!
Yay congratulations! I will always think of you and Alisse on my anniversary because I was SOOO mad I was not able to go to your receptions. Dont get me wrong I had a blast on my honeymoon but wanted so badly to be there. I definately called everyone when I got home to see how both of them turned out- which I heard was beautiful! Congrats again, hope you guys had a great day!
You guys rule and I love hanging out with you guys when we are in town- so much fun, so funny, and you can tell how much you two enjoy being together and like each other. Good job on finding each other, and more on mom and dad's post...
congrats on school and each other!
so happy for you kids. cutest couple ever. and holy amazing wedding shots.
I am so glad you said you are married to the most perfect person in the world- for you. lets not make his head any bigger... j/k! Seriously though... Phily looks like he is 12 in those wedding pics!! Ok, maybe not 12, but young! & I have to tell you that I really like your haircut now.. not that I didn't like it before! but you are one hot mama!
Melissa... that post made me cry. How cute that you wrote that you have fallen more and more in love with him. You two are the cutest stinkin couple ever. I am so happy for you guys. Happy 3 years
Post a Comment