Sunday, April 20, 2008

Helping...

I often offer to help Philip study in
any way that I can.
Tonight he took me up on the offer; this is
my view from
Best-Wife-Ever-Ville.
Yep, I rubbed the boy's feet while he studied away and told me about random medical conditions that he was reading about.
It was a good time.
It kind of reminded me though of when I was little and would ask my mom if I could help with something, and she would reply,
"You can help best by staying out of the way."
That line is genius, I'm totally using that on my kids someday.
Happy 4/20 everyone, and congrats if you are white trash/awesome enough to laugh at that every time you wrote the date today.

9 comments:

Kelli said...

You're such a good helper.

mollie said...

Melissa, I wrote my post just for you, so I'm glad you enjoyed it. And I'm grateful to your post because you have taught me a very important lesson. When Mike is studying and I feel bad and want to help him, I WON'T ask how I can help. I hate feet. I'm not as good of a wife as you are.

And I agree that we need to hang out. We're going up to Utah this Thursday to Sunday, but definitely next week let's do something. It's a party.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

wow, me & Kelli should be twinsies... I was gonna say... your such a great wife :)

The Fletchies said...

I hope his feet weren't smelly. How about if at 4:20 PM we called someone and said Dude! and then at 8:40 PM we called some one and said Dude...Dude its double the fun!

The Little's said...

I wish my feet were being rubbed right now.

Brent and Brooke said...

Rubbing feet! Aah! You are the best wife ever! Brent is sad because in order for his feet to be rubbed they need to be washed or wearing clean socks. I'm kinda crazy

The Jones Fam said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Jones Fam said...

I celebrated a belated 4/20 by making a joke about it to my clinic group at school. They all stared at me blankly and then I said, "Oh...Uh... I take it none of you grew up in the ghetto."

Being white trash was/is awesome!

Next time you rub Phil's feet, I recommend wearing latex or nitrile gloves. It's all about universal precautions.

Jake

kellibattraw said...

Um, I guess I'm not white trash... what's the joke with 4/20?