Monday, April 28, 2008

A Bloggity Birthday...

Today marks my one year blog birthday!
Hip hip hooray that I have lasted this long, as Philip was convinced it was a phase that would last no longer than 6 months! And look, here I am 77 ridiculous posts later, still blogging strong!
And, as a little birthday present, I give to you a gift that you normally wouldn't ever get...
it is me,
in my attractive Mesa Junior days,
with some sweet braces,
as a cheerleader.

Awesome huh?

Go ahead, you can laugh. I still do every time I think about it, and did especially hard when I found this picture at my mom's this weekend!

Happy blogging birthday!

14 comments:

mollie said...

I can't honestly laugh at your picture without thinking of my Taylor Jr. High Pommie days. Oh, to be that cool again.

And I've already talked to Jenae and she has promised to start a blog this summer. I'm going to hold her to it.

Guthrie's said...

The American Girl Catalog came yesterday and as some of my little girls were looking and dreaming we remembered that you have ALL the American Girl Dolls. How cool is that! Do you have a whole room dedicated to them? Just wondering. Happy Blogging Birthday!

Lindsee said...

You are a gem!

Maren said...

That's awesome. I didn't know you went to Mesa Junior or that you were a cheerleader! Happy Birthday to your blog!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Go MJH!

I really wish you had pictures posted from the Disney craze that year, too.

Kelli said...

Oh wow. That is amazing. I wish we would've gone to junior high together...I'm sure we would have been fast friends. Oh, and Happy Blogthday (I just made that up - it means "blog's birthday").

Kirk and Aly said...

Wow! Where did you learn to do such great things with your hair? Oh, you must have had a couple of rockin' older sisters to help you get your hair to do that great wave in the front. Awesome!

Kim and Matt said...

Happy Birthday!! Love, kim

Mac and Kelly said...

I really appreciate that picture! You are a very funny girl, too. Remember when we used to work together...that was fun.

kellibattraw said...

You are too cool for me Melissa : )

The Fletchies said...

I totally own a copy of that picture. I thought you looked hot. I don't see what's wrong with it at all. Thanks for keeping up your blog for a year... its provided me with hours of entertainment.

Cara said...

I never would have taken you for being a cheerleader. But hey you sure were a cute one. :) Oh and happy bloggity birthday to you!

The Fletchies said...

whatever you know I was totally jealous that you were a cheerleader.

Anonymous said...

So that means, in a zodiacal sense, your blog is a Taurus. Which is generally determined, reliable, persistent, warm-hearted but occasionally self-indulgent. Or it means your blog is a middle-of-the-road residential police cruiser, not as cool as the Ford interceptor, but not as bad as a Chevy Celebrity, or bike/rollerblade cops.
Regardless, happy birthday Philissa's blog, keep up the great work!