Sunday, April 13, 2008

A Fair to Remember...

So for the first time in I don't know how many posts, I have something exciting-ish to share. And by the way, I judge how exciting something is by how many pictures I take...so you're in for a treat. Treat being synonymous for LOTS of pictures of nonsense.
.

Anyways, on Friday Sara came up with the idea to take the kiddos to the county fair. What's at the county fair you ask?

Animals. Lots of animals and FFA girls. It was totally fun for us and the kids. The kids even got a pony ride. The girls were a little leery of the dirty old cowboy running it at first but we were mean and made them stay on and face their fears.

Oakley loved it the whole time, but I don't have any close up pictures of him. Sorry.
They eventually warmed up to the idea and Lizzie petted her pony for the rest of the time.

Then we went into the llama shed. Did you know that some llamas get shaved like poodles? We maybe laughed for a long time at this poor poor llama.

Sissies!

And by the way, Alyson always gets ready for things even if we instruct her not to. Therefore, in most pictures Sara and I look left over from the day before, and Aly looks cute, jerk.

Then we went to the goat shed, and we all kind of want goats now.

Especially since these little rambunctious goats were playing king of the mountain on the hay bail, and jumping all over the place. Stop laughing, it was seriously cute.

Then we saw chickens and bunnies.

The whole time Sara kept trying to get one of us to ride the mechanical bull. On the way out Aly finally relented. It was like the highlight of my life.

I should have taken a video, but I wasn't thinking clearly since I was laughing so hard. Then Sara took a turn... and please enlarge this one and look at her face. AMAZING! She was awesome at it. And it was still hilarious. And I even took a turn...

I pretty much just laughed the whole time and was REALLY bad at it. I seriously lasted like 20 seconds, but it felt like at least 25.

Fun time had by all at the fair, and we're seriously going again next year!

Then on Friday night we got to go to the Diamondbacks game, which was fantastic. Our brother-in-law, Jason, has season tickets for his auto glass company and realized that they hadn't given away the tickets for that night so they gave them to us! Don't you all wish that you had a Jason in your family?

At the game, we got free chalupa tickets,

ugly faces,

and free t-shirts. Since I didn't want to seem picky and ungrateful, and they couldn't find any smalls, I asked to trade my XL shirt for a kids size. Philip totally laughed at me and told me that it wasn't going to fit, but when we got home I tried it on and it fits like a champ. Apparently it's good to have the upper half of a 12 year old boy. Waah.
In school news, this week my mom came in to be my patient for x-rays. She is a fantastic patient. And what is that white little number that I'm wearing, you ask?

That my friends is an angel gown, as we call them, and we have to wear them at all times when we are working on patients or in the clinic at all. I kind of don't know what they are for though, seeing as how they are as thick as a Bounce sheet, and I don't think that Hep B would be stopped by it. FYI - our instructors try and brain wash us and tell us that Hep B is lurking around every corner waiting to infect us. Awesome huh?

Anyways, Nicole came too to be a patient for my friend, and after x-rays, we all went to lunch at Sticklers.

It is a delicious sandwich shop downtown, and if you are ever on 3rd Ave. and Washington, you really need to stop and get an Oreo shake. They are heaven sent.

As far as the rest of school goes, I have been studying quite a lot and have realized that if I study on my bed, on the couch, on the floor, or on the chair in the reading nook, I fall asleep. I think I have narcolepsy.

So I now have to study at the kitchen table to avoid the sleeping outcome. Not a bad thing if you like the kitchen vent and the living room vent blowing directly on you, however, I'm not a fan. Therefore, I study like an Eskimo.

Anyhow, happy third week of April! And isn't everyone SOOOO glad that good TV is back? 30 Rock was painfully funny, and The Office was delightfully awkward. In a word: incredible.

Happy non-reruns again this week!

15 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

how fun :) I love little fun day trips. Especially with fun people. I do have to say I would never in a million years thought you would get on the bull!! Way to go! As for infection control in school... they really are just trying to scare you!

Unknown said...

You don't look a thing like your sister... no not you...

you are a crazyface and I love the update and the cute pictures of your awesome times.. good luck with school and stuff!

Beth said...

good job kids (you know, like baby goats?)! Looks like fun was had by several, and thanks for the enlarge picture hint of Sara's expression, well-played all the way around. You are right, Office was nearly perfect; and after watching it, it made me "have to break down and buy a plasma flat screen TV. Best $200 I've ever spent. I could stand here all day and watch it." But alas, I'm supposed to stay as busy as my siblings, so I can't. BTW- Keep up the great work kids.

HooHoo said...

Fun times all around. For one more great shot of yourself, check out my latest post.

Rachel said...

I love the title of your post...you Jones' are so savvy! Totally looks like you all had a blast at the fair. I cannot believe how busy you are! If I were as busy as you, I would have a huge cold sore right now. Maybe that is not something I should share. I seriously love that you still post even though you are cramming for school and everything. Way to go Melissa!

kellibattraw said...

Melissa your blog always makes me smile! By the way, I don't know ANY 12 year old boys with an upper body like you! Silly Melissa!

The Fletchies said...

You guys are amazing for riding the bull like really amazing. Aren't the animals the best part of the fair? I totally love it. Whoever had the idea of going is a genius. The fair is always fun. If the nieces are in a mood for more tiny animals our house is a farm right now. Emily just inherited a chicken from work called armpit and one of our cats had five kittens. We are still waiting for the other one to have its batch. They should make another day trip to our house to see them.
Oh and BTW I second the happy no reruns comment. I love NBC comedy thursday and watched all of the shows instead of doing my homework.

Kelli said...

Oh wow, what I wouldn't give to have seen you on a mechanical bull. Now that's awesome. And I'm really jealous that you went to a D-backs game and got a free chalupa coupon out of it. I hope that you at least thought of me at some point during the game; I guess that is almost like being there.

Kirk and Aly said...

The fair was the best fair to remember! Way better than going with Tanya Kish and watching her flirt with all the Carnies so they'd let us go on the rides for free. BTW - you look the hottest on the mechanical bull! No wonder the cowboys running it totally wanted you!

Marie said...

I totally know what you mean about falling asleep while studying. Sadly, I don't think I read ANY text books while in college. And not for lack of trying.

Heidi said...

lol to the llama slash poodle, that was hilarious!

The Jones Fam said...

mmmmm...Sticklers! I think I would eat there everyday if I was that close!! Do you still get free Rice Krispy treats? I tried going once, looking as hot as possible and still came away paying for my food...darn. Looks like a lot of fun! I am glad you got a break from school to go to the County Fair! You girls are fun. I had this image of all you girls laughing really, really hard at the fancy Llama. It made me happy! KUTGW! (Keep up the good work)
-Nat

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Thanks for the encouraging words on my blog! I have been reading your blog for a while now too! How funny. You have such a cute blog, I love it.

angiedunn said...

Wow. Electronic Bulls are entertaining. And I bet one hundred fold more entertaining in real life.

Alls I have to say about TV, is a big fat Amen. 30 rock is such a genius half hour of my life to look forward to. And I am also an Earl fan. And then Jim and Pam? Hello warm & fuzzy. I rewound 3 times. Love!

Tatiana said...

I have been to that Sticklers sandwhich shop and yes it is sooo good! I hate those mechanical bulls I just laugh the whole time I am on it so I look retarded trying to ride it and laugh the whole time! Looks like a fun time!