Saturday, February 23, 2008

Update...

Guess what yesterday was?
Philip's last day of school! We are now two elevenths done!
He is SOOO excited, and this is his excited face:

I really am just so proud of him! He works so dang hard, and yesterday morning I looked over his shoulder while he was doing some last minute studying, and saw some crazy stuff.

So just now I cracked open his notebook and found this:

Yikes. My husband is WAY smarter than I'll ever be...thank goodness that I never have to take Chemistry crap again.

In other news, I'm trying fairly hard to be healthy. I am eating lots of fruits and vegetables, we don't eat out hardly at all anymore, and this morning I even did a Power 90X workout.

This is what I want to look like:

I about died. Seriously, at the beginning of the dvd's they always have warnings that say if you have a bad heart not to do this and give all sorts of warnings and whatnot. Do you know what they don't say?

"Your legs are going to feel like they are on fire for at least the next 24-48 hours. Try squatting down to pick something up without having shooting pain run through your thighs...ha ha. You're a sucker, a big, fat, out of shape sucker."

So after I did my hardcore workout, I most likely negated it by eating top ramen for lunch. And then chasing that down with some of these:

Thank you girl scouts for giving me something so devilishly delightful that causes me to need to do that stupid workout. This, my friends, is why I am searching for dresses, because they are a little more forgiving than skirts. I tried on a pencil skirt recently, and looked like a big fat magic marker in it. Kind of depressing!

And lastly, on a completely different subject, I started and finished this book this week.

It was SERIOUSLY amazing! I couldn't read fast enough and had to make a very conscious effort to put the book down and study and be productive! Everyone needs to read it!

So that's all! Have a good weekend and start of next week guys!

17 comments:

nicole and kevin said...

I'm a big fan of Pill's excited face. That reminds me that you owe us a Disney Land trip where you are our personal photographer.
Another thing. I was just thinking how I wanted to go back to school and then I saw that those formulas that look like someone just put a bunch of letters and numbers in a shotgun and then shot it in the general direction of the paper. I guess I'll have to figure out some way not to even get close to a degree that uses that crap.
Kev

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

Seriously Melissa, you cannot make comments like these around Phil "he is much smarter than I'll ever be". He has a hard enough time fitting his head through the doorway... your just making it worse!!!!!! Although I will admit that those Lindbloms aren't dummies! :)

kellibattraw said...

Melissa, I'd have to agree with Julia, be careful what you say about Philly, ESPECIALLY around him! : ) As for the Power 90 workout, I've been doing one of the older workouts, so I feel your pain. Even better, I just received the Tubo Jam workout I ordered so I'll be in a lot of pain soon!

Karisa & Tyler said...

Wow! Way to be for doing the P90X workouts! We have them and I am such a slacker and rarely do them! If you ever want to do a challenge to motivate us to do them daily, let me know! I need some external motivation! :) Keep it up and also Congrats to your man with school! Yay!

The Jones Fam said...

Way for Phil to be smart. I am so glad I never have to do chemistry again. So does Phil have a pretty long break until he starts again? I hope so. At least long enough to forget all those Chemistry formulas. And I hope school is going well for you too. And hopefully your thighs are no longer on fire.

Jake

Alisse Baldwin said...

His homework looks exactly like SRB's Engineering crap to me- which obviously is NOT the same. Goes to show how much I know. Good thing ASL doesn't make me take more than the basics of math/science... but I will have to interpret for those classes someday. Crap!

Oh, and about the haircut- you knew my hair being longer than yours couldn't last very long! We're back to our normal routine again!

Anonymous said...

Ok you have the perfect body already so don't kill yourself over those workouts, although they look so fun! I really crave some good aerobics, but who am I kidding, during Jaxon's naptimes I am usually really lazy and trying to pick up toys! So enjoy it for me! haha. And I am with you on the pencil skirt, my sister has some and I always try them on to see if I can do it and always get way depressed because it makes my huge hips look even bigger. Oh well!

angiedunn said...

I've seen that infomercial...and I hafta say, it's pretty moving. Maybe I'll buy it. Or not.

Go you w/ the healthy. And congrats to your man for yet another landmark. It's seems like yesterday it was just 1/11.

I ♥ Mel's blog.

Kirk and Aly said...

I think he's just writing down a bunch of random numbers and pretending to study it to make you think he's smart. Those numbers and stuff don't really mean anything!

Go you - being all in shape and sexy! I hope your thighs recover!

The Jones Fam said...

Way to be smart Phillip! And Miss, why are you working out again? Are you trying for a figure that doesn't look like a barbie doll? Cause you already have that! And I am not talking about Skipper (ah, poor Skipper, why did they even make that doll? Probably so Barbie and Midge would have someone to rip on)! Way to try and be healthy though. We never eat out anymore either...since there aren't good places here. I have gotten creative and made my versions of our "favorites from back home". Sometimes they are good and sometimes I cry... It is amazzzazing how much you can save though!

Nat

Melly Mel said...

That is awesome! Congratulations! Great post!

The Little's said...

Melly...Okay, so here's the thing. This is Tia-from-Cheyenne. Bart gave me your blog address and I thought that I would be nosey and check it out. First of all, last time we talked, you weren't married and neither was I. Hmm...how times change! So, I love your blog and if you're interested in mine you can check it out at willtialittle.blogspot.com (Yes, my last name is Little...) Love ya! Tia

Janet said...

Hey!! I read this book, too, and loved it. Did you know that there is a sequel?
Love catching up on latest on the Phil and Melissa saga!!
Janet

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Thanks for the advice on Saturday while I was hiding from the chaos/cutting ribbon. Now I just have to psych myself up for a summer of anatomy. Yes!

Bekah Parker said...

I totally agree! I loved this book. I need to read the second one.

Anonymous said...

that 90X workout looks SO hard!!! i love thin mint girl scout cookies SO much! and i have that book but haven´t read it yet, so i´ll have to get on it!

Anonymous said...

Mel-Unit: good job on making me laugh and spit oatmeal out w/ the magic marker metaphor. Wow Phillip- I just thought that formula was what I furiously mix up when Beth left me with Sophie, and she was screaming (Sophie, not Beth). Who knew it had numbers and letters and stuff? Is that just code names for your gang or something? Jeez you guys are smart! Both of you in school now, both smart and brave! But are you smart and brave enough to challenge me on the Wii again? I don't think...oh wait, you are? Oh, well my mom says I'm not allowed to get wet, cuz I've got tubes (in my ears)...