Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dear Fashion Industry,

Wait wait, let me rephrase that...
Dear Affordable Clothing Makers,
As of lately, I have noticed that my Sunday clothes are in a very sorry state. My clothes are all trashed, and I would now like several dresses and skirt/shirt combinations... so where might I go about finding those?
After lots and lots of looking, I finally found this little number at Target, which suits me just fine, but honestly, one dress after a whole day of looking is kind of /REALLY frustrating.

(and by the way, it is cuter in person...I swear)

Also, would you quit with the mini-dresses? Yes yes, they are adorable, but every time I see one I get all excited to see a dress with sleeves, and then realize that it comes like mid thigh, which requires nice legs and not a temple recommend.

I suppose I will now have to turn it over to the blogging world. So bloggers, where do you get your church clothes? Unfortunately your adorable Nordstrom finds for like $158 will not do, but I do know that unless we are looking at Forever 21 and Wet Seal, we aren't going to find dresses for crazy cheap. And I looked there, and they're the ones encouraging the mini-dress.

Thanks for your help bloggers, you guys are the best!

Love, Mel

15 comments:

Lindsee said...

Just a suggestion---I always have my eyes open for dresses...not that I need any...I have way too many...but, point being, I always look through the dresses/skirts in TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshalls, etc. They are rarely over $20.00 and sometimes you find something really cute! I refuse to by anything over $20.

Brent and Brooke said...

I have the same problem finding church outfits. Even skirts are hard to come by most times. If you find some cute dresses let me know. I like the one you bought at target. Is it Converse? Just kidding I just saw the new converse section and laughed.

Brent and Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brent and Brooke said...

Sorry I deleted a comment because I got too crazy with the mouse and clicked publish like ten times. Remember how impatient I am.

marry said...

I agree... I found a dress at Dillard's for $120. I than went to TJ Maxx and found the same dress with a different design for $40 dollars...Nordstrom's Rack is really good too... These dresses usually range in the 15-40 dollar range. Good Luck...

HooHoo said...

Or you could take your sewing machine home...then you never know until you have spent more than a day working on it if it's going to be cute or not. Ya, good luck!

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

one word.... clearance! I've found super cute stuff at Macy's or Dillards on their clearance racks. Ross or Tj Max is a good idea though. I never thought you would be the type of person who wouldn't want to shop all day!

Kelli said...

I hate Sunday clothes. I have conceded to wear them, but only for the bare minimum amount of time...I get dressed in them five minutes before I leave for church, and change out of them immediately upon arriving home. None of this "I stay in my church clothes all day" thing for me. I figure I can deal with wearing ugly clothes for 3.15 hours a week...not that my other clothes are much better, but oh well.

Sorry I don't have any helpful suggestions for you. Good luck with your quest.

Malia said...

I TOTALLY agree with the mini dresses! They're so cute, but I really have to just admire them from afar. I have found that it's easier for me to find skirts instead of dresses. I just bought a really cute skirt at Target that was quite affordable, but seeing is that you are so tall maybe you should stick with skirts too.

Dawn Davis said...

hey Melissa, it's Dawn (used to be Stones) Layersclothing.com has cute dresses on sale right now, originally like $56, now $25, and they ship in like 2 or 3 days.

Maren said...

Amen! I have looked, and looked, and looked some more and have yet to find something cute for Sunday. So I wear the same 2 things and switch off every other week. I'll let ya know if I come across anything!

Gina Lee said...

Okay so I was going to say Ross...I as you have the problems of the leg issue. Nothing is ever long enough for me that fits me everywhere else. But itlooks as if you have already been told. So anyways, Ross or Nordstrom Rack has really cute stuff! Good luck dear friend and if you find two of something cute...give me a call...I am indesperate need of sunday clothes as well, and after all we arent in the same ward anymore so the chances of seeing eachother in the same thing...very minimal!!

Anonymous said...

I am right with ya. I hate having to buy church clothes. And I don't like those little dresses. If they could add a few more inches they would all be so cute, but I am not about to wear spandex leggings to be able to wear them- why show off the legs-I want to hide them!! I am really needing to buy some since Jessica will be moving in July, and she is the source of every Sunday outfit I wear! So when you hit a jackpot (and make sure they have a few sizes bigger for my size) let me know! Good luck!

amanda p. said...

k, I LOVE the suggestion for layersclothing.com! I just bought two really attractive shirts for $20 including shipping and handling! LOVE IT!!!

Melly Mel said...

You are so funny!!!! I love you Melissa