Thursday, March 6, 2008

Birthday Boy!

Guess who turned the big 2-5 this week...
this boy did!
In celebration of this exciting day, we ate A LOT of food.
On Saturday night we went to Islands, which always makes me a little sappy and reminiscent of our first date when we went there...sigh.
And I'm pretty sure this is his third bite. He likes hamburgers.
Then on Sunday I made rolls to go with the cheesy potato soup that my mom was making for him that night. This is a big deal especially since I was one cup short of flour and had to CALL a girl in my ward to borrow some. I don't think most people know, but I HATE calling people that are not my siblings and parents. It was a super scary and I was totally sweating by the end of the phone call. Happy birthday Philip, I was super brave just for you. At my parent's we partied it up like it was 1983... (Does my chin always look that jutty-outy?)
My family has learned that the path to Philip's heart is paved in gift cards, and they were oh so generous with them!

(apparently the answer is yes, and clearly I was shocked about it)

We played some Philip trivia (thanks Alisse for the idea), and my mom won with a high score of 8 out of 25! It was so fun and we've decided to make it a tradition for birthdays!

In the meantime, Philip decided to be adorable and push Oakley on the swing.

I'm excited for him to be a cute dad some day. Oh, and FYI, leaving the bread dough residue in the Bosch for a few days is a GOOD idea, and it doesn't mean that you are lazy and unmotivated to clean your kitchen.
Look at just how easily this flaked off:

Jake and Nat sent him a little package, could they be any sweeter? And they could have won Philip trivia, because his favorite candy is indeed Peanut Butter M&M's.

Thank you Mom and Dad for the Chipotle gift card, the boy shared it with me tonight.

We loved it a lot.

Thanks to everyone who helped Philip celebrate and have such a fun day!

Happy March friends!

10 comments:

The Little's said...

Happy Birthday to Philip, even though I don't know you! My 2-5 is coming soon, too? Do you feel old?? My knees are hurting just thinking about my almost 30-ness.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

Melissa, Phily sure is lucky to have such a great wife as you... I'm very serious when I say that too!!!!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Happy Birthday Philip!

HooHoo said...

I'm so glad we got to eat those divine tasting rolls before I saw the bosch bowl with mold. Did you hold your breath the whole time you cleaned it out or did you decide to just wait a few more days to experiment with color? Yikes, scary. Glad you both "heart" Chipotle.

MeL said...

Mom it wasn't moldy! I'm not THAT gross! Mold lives in moist environments, and I just let it sit on the counter and dry out, that way it scrapes off really easily and you don't have to worry about dough clogging up the garbage disposal!

I was actually thinking that if I would have been home today when you stopped by, I think you would be pleasantly surprised with how tidy my house generally is...I've changed since I was a teenager, I promise!

angiedunn said...

"moist environments"...that is sort of gross/funny.

um, you=the cutest wife. happy birth Philip!

ps: since i can relate to your hatred o' the telephone, i haven't called to tell you & your sissies yet, that your scentsy order came in today, and there are a couple backordered things, that should come in next week. so i'll just call you/aly/sar then, cool???

Kelli said...

Well happy day! Looks like fun...you guys definitely know how to do birthdays right.

Brent and Brooke said...

Birthday trivia, that is such a cute idea. You guys are too funny with the chipotle love picture.
Happy bday Philly!

The Jones Fam said...

I am totally with you on the drying dough out before cleaning it out of your Bosch! If you use a dry paper towel it gets it all without a mess! Happy birthday Phillip! I am so relieved that I remembered correctly with the Peanut Butter M&M's.
-Natalie

P.S. I don't think I have seen your house since it has been done. Your kitchen looks cute! I love the cabinets!

Tatiana said...

PHIL IS OLD. And I love his smile!!