Monday, January 7, 2008

Holy Holidays!!!

So did anyone else take over 200 pictures in the past two weeks? It makes me totally grateful for digital cameras, can you imagine how much it would be to develop that many pictures? And what if you got doubles? Good grief, when was the last time you even thought about getting doubles?
Answer: The year 2003.
Thank you technology.
So anyways, the last three weeks have left me feeling (and obviously looking) like this: Tired. And Philip feeling like this: Tired of me, and me taking pictures.
And seeing as how I'm a champ at keeping up with all of the picture taking, today I'll post about all of the pre-Christmas festivities. Enjoy.
.
First off: the Fourth Annual Christmas Eve Eve party with Philip's friends.
Only this year, it was on Christmas Eve Eve Eve.
That's December 22, for those of you that don't want to figure it out.

So here's a little background:

Philip and his nine closest friends have this very exclusive party every year. The only way you get invited if you aren't one of the original 10, is to marry into the group. Believe me, it is hard to get into. Anyways, we have an awesome white elephant gift exchange that makes for great pictures.
Here is Philip jealously eyeing Stephanie's Arizona trivia book. You actually wouldn't believe how quick that got stolen.

Allison and Lindsi with the Diva thermos that I totally stole from them. Lindsi's next gift, and her face explains it all! It was these lips...er, it's too hard to explain. Totally awesome though. Philip checking it out too, but being very content with his paper football goal posts. Yoink! Danny stole it and Philip was sad. But despite his face, a fun time was had by all. One of my favorite parts of the party this year is that Deanna got to come! It was her first year being married into the group, and I couldn't be more pleased. Philip's second favorite person in the world: Danny Court. They've been best friends since second grade and are positively HILARIOUS together. And for some random-y pictures:

Rachel, Brooke & Kyle

Rachel and Stephanie

Michael & Deanna

Twinner Brandon

and Twinner Brad

After the party we hit up Filiberto's (for the second time in three days), and went to my mom's to hang out with Kev and Nicole for a little while.

Dear Kev & Nicole,

Move back home. I miss hanging out with you already.

Love, Mel

This is Philip and his good friend Lee on Christmas Eve Eve. They are in school together and carpool and study non-stop, and basically Lee sees Philip more than I do. Lucky duck.

Anyways, he and his sweet fiance, Rebecca got married and invited us.

It was really nice. Nicer than Philip's face if you can imagine that.

Rebecca's daughter, Kiera, was the flower girl, and she was absolutely precious.

Pictures that I took when I wasn't tearing up.

Hooray for the married couple! They are so sweet together, and them plus Rebecca's two kids make the cutest little family. Maybe I cried a little bit.

After the wedding we headed over to my parent's for lots of food and family and pictures! All three of my brothers were in town, which was SOO much fun. You guys all need to live here so that we can hang out more often!

Anyways, random pictures of the evening:

Have I mentioned that I love this kid? I do.

Chris showing off how well Sophie can stand! And do you not love her little leg warmers?

Me and Parker hanging out! He is so sweet! I kind of wanted to steal him.

My cute parents. Nat and Aly being pretty pretty moms. Kind of not fair if you ask me. Lizzie with the punching Santa Kirk, Kev, Noelle & Nicole Brynn tearing her loving gaze away from Caleb for the picture. She seriously followed him around everywhere, it was hilarious. Amy, Brynn & Caleb being cutie pants kids. Oakley as a wise man. All the kiddos dressed in their nativity costumes Apparently Joseph rode on the back of the donkey, even if they were just going to the next inn. Who knew? And of course, Amy was the prettiest angel ever to exist.
Joseph looking very lovingly down at our Baby Jesus. Isn't this just stinkin' cute? Same here...who doesn't love cute dads? Are you so tired of this post yet?
You totally should be unless your last name currently is, or once was Jones.
On Christmas Eve morning we all went bowling. It was a seriously good time. I think it should definitely become a tradition.

Guess who's competitive? Kevin.

Guess who got a better score than him? Caleb. My mom and Sophie preferred to just watch and look adorable. Then we went back to my mom's again and ate Ned's, and if your last name is Lindblom, you ate Filiberto's (for the third time in five days). And the kids all played outside since the weather was delightful. Later that night, we went to the Lindblom Christmas Eve party. This year Nancie put together the program, so it was the most amazing production ever. The kids acted out the nativity as it was read aloud by Philip's dad, but then there would be breaks between parts where different groups of kids would come out and sing a song. Kate and Jolie singing was probably the most adorable thing in the world. Who doesn't love a duet by a three and four year old? It was amazing.
Unfortunately I totally forgot to take pictures, so that's all I have for now!
Stay tuned for Christmas morning, lots more pictures, more family hang out time, a rockin' new year's eve party, new years resolutions, my new Sunbeams, and lots lots more!
Happy January!

12 comments:

Deanna said...

I can't believe I made the blog once again! Thanks for making me your favorite part of the Christmas Eve Eve Eve party. ;) I thought for sure I would be beat out by the N'Sync trivia game that you brought as a white elephant and when someone else won it you guilted them in to giving it back to you and then you immediately opened it and started reading trivia about Justin and Lance that only you knew the answers to. That was probably MY favorite part. :)

The Fletchies said...

the exclusive friends party is so funny. they are so hardcore about not inviting people. your dad told me that all the kids were all going to be home for Christmas. that is so fun. and tell caleb congrats from me for getting a higher score then kevin.

HooHoo said...

I'm so glad my name is Jones because I did love all these pictures. You do a great job taking pictures and doing commentary. Maybe you're going into the wrong field. You should write documentaries.

I just wish someone would have taken a picture of the funny sheep that kept rubbing up next to the donkey.

Guthrie's said...

I love, love, love seeing and reading what your family did for Christmas! What cute nieces and nephews you have! Thanks for sharing.

angiedunn said...

you lead a very fun life...and you remember to take pictures...way to go! just wondering: could you be anymore photogenic? seriously...you are so cute. the end.

Alisse Baldwin said...

I wasn't a Jones or Lindblom and I still loved it all! I'm glad Philip still hangs out with his HS friends- maybe something we should work on? And I had the biggest, biggest smile on my face looking at all your Jones family get-together pictures. I can't believe how old & adorable all your nieces and nephews are!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Oh, and I'm totally a bad friend- what happened to Philip's arm??

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Okay the twins Brad and Brandon seriously know EVERYONE. How do you guys know them? Brandon is in my ward. And not like it matters, but aren't they way older than you? Because I think they are older than me. So I can't figure out the connection.

mollie said...

Melissa--I finally did it. I created a blog. Holy cow, it only took me 6 years. Anyhoo, I have no idea what I am doing, so I might need some help. It's mikeandmolliemontague.blogspot.com. Please help me.

Melly Mel said...

Mel!
You are the best blogger. I am so impressed with how well you organized all of your fun activities with your pictures. That pre-Christmas party looks like fun. My parents have a group of friends like that that they still to this day get together all the time with. Keep it up. Also, your nephew Oakley is so adorable. Your sister is so skinny. I'm so happy you guys had a good holiday season. You two are such a fun couple. Miss you guys! I'm glad we're friends too! :) Thanks for all your sweet comments on my blogs.

Love you!
Melissa

Macey said...

Wow-that was a lot to take in-Looks like a lot of fun! Now, back to reality

Sara! said...

CHEROKEE PEOPLE, CHEROKEE TRIBE.... (FYI, me and Brooke are funny.) Anyhow, I finally read through this whole thing and throughly enjoyed every second of it! Doubles? That's funny. Way to take a bazillion adorable pictures. Forget hygiene school, just be my personal paparazzi and nanny and assistant and......

You're so cute!