Friday, January 18, 2008

SICK OF COLD.

I am so dang tired of being cold.
This is in my house, just moments ago, and it is 61.7 degrees.
I hate it. What place is warmer than Arizona?
Because I think I need to move there.

I am also sick of MY cold. Especially since yesterday it turned into a wimpy dry cough, and then this morning I woke up (after a very restless sleep, might I add) with the ultimate man/monster/ugly/sick voice.

And I am still coughing, so my favorite future pharmacist made me take this:

And I HATE medicines that I have to drink or suck on. Give me like 500 pills, no problem, I'll take them all with pleasure. Ask Philip how well I took my Wal-Tussin...or don't, because I was a baby about it, and shuddered after I pounded my two teaspoons.

Have I ever mentioned how almost every medicine in our medicine cabinet is Wal-something?

I introduce to you: Wal-Tussin, Wal-Dryl, Wal-Zan, Wal-phed, and Wal-Dram, which I always think is called Wal-Mamine. We used to also have Wal-Buprophen, but we ran out, and then got the real stuff in bulk from Costco. Basically we are slaves to Walgreen's, and will be until Philip retires in 45 years.

Anyways, I'm sick. And I'm cold. And kind of a baby.

And I really wish we were here:

Don't you agree?

15 comments:

Unknown said...

Can I come visit you?! It is 21 degrees... and last night it was 8. I hate hate hate Utah. And I can't do the puke-inducing syrup stuff either... go with gel caps and I hope you get better!

HooHoo said...

Wal-I'll be! Sorry you're a sickee!

Marie said...

You should just be a weenie like me and keep your house a toasty 67 degrees. Feel better!

Anonymous said...

uruguay is great! it is summer here & about 75-80 degrees with a little bit of humidity. basically uruguay = perfect! hope you feel better soon!

Candice said...

I am afraid I do not share your hate of the cold- I am loving it.

I hope you have a speedy recovery and I think Wal-Dram should change its name to Wal-Mamine.

angiedunn said...

a few things:
1. sweet soundtrack.
2. it IS cold! this morning in gilbert it was 32 degrees outside when myron got up to play church ball.
3. holy wal-everything. that's awesome. slash sorry you're sick.
4. i love cough syrup. does that make me weird? yes.

Kelli said...

I hate the cold! Double hate. LOATHE entirely.

Kirk and Aly said...

I also, like Angie, like cold medicine. Except only when I put it in a shot glass and pound it. Is this where Lizzie gets her future drinking problem from? Yikes! Hope you're feeling better! Try Ny-Quil or Wal-Quil for a good nights rest with lots of wierd dreams.

MeL said...

You are welcome everyone for deleting the music off here!

Jacquee said...

Dear Philissa,

I am extremely jealous of your "cold" weather. We've been in Illinois for a year now and you'd think I'd be ready for the cold considering that this is my second winter here...not so. Does the word craptacular mean anything to you? I am sincerely sorry for your suffering, even though it's hard for me to remember what it was like to be cold in 60 degree weather.

We miss you guys. Thanks for faithfully updating for us to keep in touch!
(P.S. looks like snow tonight. aren't we lucky?!?!?)

Mac and Kelly said...

Try 21 degrees, ans snow in the forcast everyday for the next week! Die Utah!

P.S. You're hot!

Alisse Baldwin said...

Are you feeling better yet? My colds seem to linger for like weeks, so hopefully yours didn't.

Anonymous said...

oh yeah, tell me about it. i am going to move to hawaii where its always a tasty 80 degrees.
ick. i hate cough syrup, too. nashhhhty stuff.

Unknown said...

Go to my blog & e-mail me through the "e-mail me" link, so I can send you Macey's e-mail without spreading it all through the world wide spiderweb.

Melly Mel said...

Wal-Meds are the best! I have them all as well. Generic Schmeric my uncle use to say! I love that last picture of you two! I think you should be there too! Did you know our next door neighbor owns like 5 of the Walgreens around here? You have an in, now you just need to sell your condo and move here! I'll help you two find a place. I have great remedies to your sicknesses. All in one comment.