Several weeks ago, we happened upon the steal of a lifetime. A Lovesac, the Super Size one, for stupid cheap, from a clean home. Um, yes please! Philip has wanted one for ages and ages, and since I don't necessarily ever want to drop 600 bones on a glorified bean bag chair (yes I know they are comfortable!), I decided this had our names on it.
We took Philip's truck to pick it up, and knew that it was going to be a bit bulky, but had no idea what we were in for. Welcome to the next 45 minutes of our lives.
After getting it to my mom's house, where it will reside until we have a house for it, we had to tackle, for neither the first, nor last time that day, getting it through a door.
It went kind of like this on the outside:
After seriously like ten minutes getting it through the front door, we pushed it up the stairs, and through my skinnier bedroom door, which looked like the pictures above, but add in some swearing.
And now, I introduce to you our little Love. It doesn't look so big here...
...but you can't deny how ridiculously large and out of control this picture is.
It pretty much takes up the entire bed and sofa, which is pretty much the entire room. Thanks again Mom and Dad for letting it live there for the next several months, though I'm not going to lie, remembering this kind of makes me never want to move it again, and just keep it there.
Good riddance, and happy Love Sac to us!

14 comments:
I was just wondering how we were going to house our next overnight visitors in that room and decided to just take the bed out from under the sack, close the door and hang a "no vacancy" sign on that door. That should work, right?
Love the illustrations-fun!
Fun! Adam just told me that your stick figure drawings have angry eyebrows. : )
Thanks for the Cathy sweat, the picture is 100% accurate, including my hair texture and color.
I'm still waiting for my fingernails and fingerprints to grow back after that grueling episode.
P.S. I call dibbs on one nap on it, I'll try not to whizz.
love the hat on Philips stick figure. It definitely made me visualize it more realistically :)
Oh man those things are beasts. We had one for a while and I swear it swallowed up the whole room, but it was super fun to lay in. Have fun.
I totally know how you feel our 'big one' lived downstairs but for fight night it would come up and getting that thing moved was crazy! I fell a few times getting it back down the stairs because I would sit on it and it would bump me off!
ps I love your drawings, I love paint!
Oh my goodness, I am so glad I had drawings to help me understand that moment! It looks like it would be a great place to take a nap!!
How fun to have a love-sac! I also am kinda' jealous of your artistic abilities... they're awesome! :)
You are amazing!1 I loved the stick figures, AND what will one person do to prove her love!! Love you both
holy smokes!!! sounds like you guys scored a great deal on it. james has been wanting one since like forever. we're poor. and we have no room :/
Glad you got things worked out with the sac of love. It is a purchase that you won't regret, despite how extremely difficult it is to move. I had many great naps in the love sac we had in our apartment for 3 years and it was one of the saddest days of my life when Stacie took it away. (She was the rightful owner, but that didn't seem to lessen my deep sadness at the thought of a future without naps in the love sac).
I am very impressed with you talent in Paint!!! That was hilarious. But it was so good to see you yesterday, and for all you tips and help! Good luck with everything and I will let you know if I need a light or an extra mouth for anesthesia! :)
Bruce has been needing a new bed. Would you mind if he uses it until you get a house? I already took it to my house because I know how much you love dogs!
Post a Comment