...because he has a birthday today!
Happy birthday to my old old 27 year old brother Kev!
A couple things you may not know about him...
He LOVES the cold, and likes to be cold. And his wife is hot.
So the other night I found these pictures at my mom's, which I had been looking for forever since they are my favorite pictures of us growing up!
Um, we played in the dirt. A lot. And when I was like 14 I found toy cars buried in the back planter where we used to play.
Okay, so last week for mutual (our church youth midweek activity) they had a 'Get to know your leaders' night, and Philip was asked to supply a picture of me as a child.
Enter Melissa in First grade.
The girls had to match the picture to the leader, and they no idea who this darling child was, and then they all laughed and laughed and laughed when they found out it was me. I think my sister, Sara, put it best when she once said, "When she was little, she went through a harsh ugly duckling stage."
The best part about this all is that this is NOT the worst of my growing up pictures. Someday soon you will get to see Kindergarten, which is truly the epitome of ugly duckling. You'll see.
In the meantime, happy birthday Kev!


7 comments:
If that is an ugly duckling picture Melissa then remind me to NEVER show you any of me growing up! : )
I only said that because a) you look just like me, and b) because I usually had something to do with it - like haircuts.
Oh yeah, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KEV!!!!!!!!!!
I am soooo digging the great 80's dress! But girl you haven't seen funky elementary photos till you've seen mine!
Going by at 60, your right leg looks really hairy in the "horsey ride" picture. It's just the picture but made me laugh anyway.
Please post more school pictures, they are priceless.
Two words regarding Kevin: Blue Boots!
Post a Comment