Thursday, November 5, 2009

Kinda like the greatest day ever...

Usually when I have a day off I sit around in my pajamas for too long and then at like 3 PM, rush to get stuff done so that Philip doesn't think I'm the laziest person on the planet (I kinda am).
NOT TODAY.
Today I went to the grand opening of H&M, and it was fantastic. I called Kev to see if he wanted to go and then I talked Nicole into coming too, even though she was sick and felt like crap.
We were hoping to be one of the first 500 people in line to get gift cards, but that didn't happen. We did get coupons though, which we gladly accepted.
. Then random reporters and whatnot would take pictures, and one gave us a card. So while we were laughing and taking a picture of us with the card... ...someone else was taking our picture. I saw him waiting for us to not look at him though which made me laugh really hard and look really unattractive. Regardless, it made it on the AZCentral website.
And I quote, "Melissa Lindblom, 24, right, takes a self portrait with friend Kevin Jones, 26, both of Mesa, as they wait in line for the opening of the H & M store in Scottsdale. " And in case you're wondering, he's my brother too.
.
Yes, one last picture before we entered, because I was deliriously excited.
Welcome H&M, I will welcome you with loving arms and an open wallet. You're my favorite.
P.S. I'm sure you're stressed because it is two weeks until my birthday and I have yet to post my birthday list, but after today, I think that a gift card has made it to the top of my list. :)

11 comments:

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

I LOVE that store!!! I went when I was in Soho & was in heaven- only to come home & realize there were none around here. No wonder I had never heard of it before! Where is it?! Now I have a new reason to lose more weight :)

Jacquee said...

Looks like a fun trip! I'm jealous about the H&M. I'll have to track one of those down.

And I totally get the whole "Lazy all day then hurry and accomplish something to show the husband" issue. Wait until you have a baby. It gets way worse. You start not caring about the "accomplish something" part.

Alisse Baldwin said...

Can I have your autograph since you're fmaous & stuff now?

P.S.- Nicole can so pull off the fashionista look.
I'm afraid if I wore her outfit
#1: I would be QUITE snug &
#2: I'd look like a mime in Paris.

mollie said...

I'm so jealous! I wanted to be there. I'm pretty sure my bank account is not ready for an H&M this close.

Brent and Brooke said...

so jealous!

The Little's said...

I kinda love your bracelet. That's on MY birthday list for next year (May 13, in case you were wondering!). Congrats on your new celebrity...it's a great picture!

The Jones Fam said...

I keep trying to be happy for you guys that you got to go, but all that I am coming up with is bitterness and jealousy. I want to go!
Nat

Karen and Joe said...

ooooh so excited for you, heard about the big grand opening event, thought about it, until I remembered I'd have 2 2 yr olds with me, they aren't quite the same shopping companions like you had. hehe looked like fun, glad you got to go and celebrate!!

Carol said...

thanks for the invite to go and tag along :(

great pictures though - i am glad you guys went and i cant believe there were more than 500 people there - that's freaking crazy!!!

The Jones Fam said...

I love that the picture you took and the one from the paperazzi were taken at exactly the same time. That's hillareous!

Jake

FiestyShamrock said...

I am rather terrified to ask after feeling all the excitement from your post...but here goes...what in the world is H&M??

BTW if you are mean to me about not knowing I am going to change your picture on the office blog to the one of you taking your own pic! HA!