Today marks four years that we've been a
Mr. & Mrs., and I am still as delighted as ever that he is my Mr.
I recently ran into a lady that I adore at a wedding reception. She asked how long we had been married and when I replied, "Almost four years," she was amazed that it had been so long and how fast it had gone.
At the time I was apparently having a low self-confidence day, and said something along the lines of, "Yeah, almost four years, and no college degrees or careers, or kids or a big house, or a lot to show for it." (Poor me, right?)
Then the lady replied, "Sure, but I bet you've got a really strong relationship."
And I realized, HOLY CRAP, we do.
I love being married to Philip more and more every day. I love spending time with him, and I love when I can make him laugh, though it doesn't happen as much as I would like. I love how much he has supported me through school, and love how much he puts up with all of my garbage. I love that we talk about EVERYTHING, so that we can better understand and appreciate each other. I love that he doesn't complain when our house looks like this, and often will clean it before he lets it get to that point.
(Don't judge, it was a busy weekend, and now it's clean.)
But what I love most about Philip, is that he loves me to pieces. And he tells me often, though not in those gay-ish words.
Soooo, even though we now only have one college degree, we don't have kids, and we just have our little condo, we have each other and
WE ARE HAPPY.
Happy four years Love!
13 comments:
So cute! Happy Anniversary! This post made me happy!
aw.
isn't being happy great?
{ya, it's great.}
you guys are seriously the cutest.
happy happy anni, philissa!
Yay for l-o-v-e.
congrats :) Finding someone to share life with is such an amazing gift! We're lucky to find moments when we realize it! & Phily is definitely SUPER lucky to have someone like you :)
Happy Anniversary, and congrats on graduating!!
YAY! Happy Anniversary!
(even though it totally doesn't feel like FOUR years, but it kind of seems like forever, too!)
I agree, it doesn't seem like four years, but the two of you have been so busy with school that it should be all down hill now, right?? Happy FOUR
Time flies when you're happy. We're glad you're part of our family. : )
4 years? Yikes time doesn't just fly it goes at light speed.
Suuuwwwweeet! Congrats on four!!!
Happy Anniversay and congrats on graduating!
Happy four years you oldy-weds!
You guys look so cute together in your pics! Yay for anniversaries, do you feel like you have been married way longer than four years? In a good way though!
Congratulations! can't believe it has been four years!
Post a Comment