Monday, May 4, 2009

In short...

...I never have to study again!

(This is for the written boards I took in March.)

My excitement and relief is indescribable, and exclamation points won't even do this news justice. Pretty much the best news I've heard in years.

And apparently my brain has been a little preoccupied this weekend (I took my clinical boards yesterday) because today I realized that for the last three days I've been wearing one black flip flop and one brown. Thank goodness that my brain might be back to its normal-ish self very soon.

20 comments:

Margo said...

Rub it in why don't you. While you are happy, all us lame 1st years are so frickin frustrated with our Pre-Clinic Final we had today. AHHH! If only I could fast forward one year!

P.S. Congrats! I am really happy for you!

Marie said...

Yeah! Way to go Melissa! and I'm glad your shoes now match too:)

donkeybray said...

You GO with your bad self, hygiene girl! Congratulations and have a blast in NYC. Love, aunt Dona

The Parkers said...

Congratulations!!

Michelle said...

Overachieving in the true Lindblom fashion. You go girl!

mollie said...

Hip hip hooray! Congrats. And don't worry about the flip-flops, it could be worse. Mike has been studying for his monster final this week, and yesterday I asked him when the last time was that he showered...he couldn't remember. It had been at least 4 days, probably more. So I hope at least you showered more than once a week. Can you even graduate from hygiene school if you don't?

Brent and Brooke said...

Congrats! You should go celebrate and eat a burrito with me!

The Jones Fam said...

Congrats again Miss!! Sorry I didn't send you a more congratulative text yesterday- I was stirring Parker's super porridge with one hand, and holding the pot AND texting with the other...

But that is so exciting! Now you can really enjoy yourself in NYC. Oh, on that note- walk across the Brooklyn bridge and go to Grimaldi's pizza in Brooklyn (right under the Brooklyn bridge). It was amazing. I would seriously go back just for the pizza. I can't wait to hear about your trip and the crazy people you meet in the subway. Nothing can prepare you for how crazy it is.

Jake

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

you.rock.

kellibattraw said...

Congratulations! : )

HooHoo said...

YAY!!! Are we allowed to stop holding our breath yet? We are so so so very happy for you. And don't sweat the brown/black conflict, you have another pair just like that in the closet(or on the floor somewhere).

Janet said...

Congrats!!!!!!!! Now you can relax your brain for a while!!
When are you going to New York??
Philip's MUM

The Little's said...

Congrats, Mel! If you get a chance, can you email me your address? We are sending out cards, and I want to send you one! tiarelittle@yahoo.com Thanks!

Holly Janeen said...

congrats... now THAT is something to celebrate. i am super jealous and happy for you all at once.
but... mostly happy.

party hard. doctors orders. and do tell how NY goes... i have no idea of fun places to go... sorry!

Alisse Baldwin said...

YAY YAY YAY!
I knew you could do it!

Tristan and Lethe Bradshaw said...

congratultions my shnookums! I can't believe it! You did it! yey for you!
I love that you are living it up there in good ole Arizona! Seriously, I was reading your blog in a room by myself and laughing hysterically! You are so freakin hilarious... still!
I love that I can read your blog now and feel like I am back in seventh grade again... not that the content is seventh gradish... just that you are still the funniest ever!
I am really glad that you are having so much fun and are going places! woot woot! love you girl!

Karen and Joe said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! We are so excited for you! Yeah no more studying is right! Now when the boys are done it will a celebration for all!

nicole and kevin said...

My name is Melissa. I'm so popular because I get so many comments on my blog. AKA:I hate you.

But, super congrats on the clinical boards too!! Now you can help paint my house. Get ready to have tons of fun!
Kevin

Macey said...

Good job, and you are popular! You deserve to go to NY or something.