So I recently had someone tell me that they look at my blog. I really like this person (hi Melanie), but I was just surprised that she checks the weekly ridiculousness that I post on here. And then it got me wondering about who else might be looking at my junk, you know?
Now, I have a confession. I'm not really going private, I never would because I don't think that I am important or darling enough to be seriously concerned about who is checking up on me. BUT, I am super nosy. Like ridiculously nosy, and I kind of want to know who is checking us out and what they think!
Sooooo...
leave me a comment and say hello!
Don't know what to say? Tell me that my new pajamas are fun.
Totally don't know me? Uh, you read my blog, you know me just fine.
Basically what this boils down to is this:
I have a site meter and know that people are checking my blog, but people aren't saying hello. And I really want to know who you are Mrs. Idaho, or Dallas, or Missouri, or Atlanta, or Minnesota, or Illinois (to name a few) that are checking in...since I don't yet know people that live there!
Speaking of, did you watch the Miss America pageant last night? If so, please tell me that high cut swimsuit bottoms are not coming back in style. Was anyone else concerned about that?
Oh, and of course, the bottom line is that I LOVE comments. They seriously make my day...probably more than they should, but whatev.
So comment already! Thanks friends!
85 comments:
private schmivate!
just wait till i post your photo.
seriously, it's coming.
finally - 4 out of 5 winners have claimed their prize.
still waiting for vicki.
maybe you should go private.... OR instead of limiting who sees what you write, you should limit the writing that people see... aka Stop boring us all to tears. Now I don't cry because I'm a man. But seriously... it gets really hard to type and wipe the rain from my face...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64a_1fWTsls
to see what i mean watch this vid!
I must confess. I love your blog but I don't know you! I am related to one of your sisters friends and found your blog back when I was a blog hopper. The blog hopping days are kind of over, but I can't quit reading about Philissa and the Palmer Family Post. You and Sara are so funny and have a special talent of making light of life's little quirks(is that the word?) Anyway, I promise I am not weird. And, I am glad that you are not going private, even though mine is.
Keep the good posts coming
-Becky in Gilbert-
P.S. If you want to see my blog you can email me at beckypulsipher(at)gmail(dot)com
Hi Melissa. This is Sister Bowles, and yes, I read your blog but never comment. I blog hop off of Brad and Raylene's blog. It's been fun catching glimpses of your life. I love reading your blog.
You always crack me up Melissa! I hope you guys are well, and I do like your new p.j.s : )
Melissa, I am excited for you to graduate so you can scrape the crud off my teeth. My next appt. is in July. Actually, I don't even know where you'll be working...
I, like Marie, can't wait for you to clean my yucky teeth! I hope it doesn't lower your opinion of me! (P.S. Erik isn't much of a blog reader but every once in a while I have to call him in so that he can laugh with me as we read your blog)
Well, I already told you I swing by occasionally and catch up! Haha.
So I totally check out your blog! I love it and I love all the cute and funny things you say all the time. Plus I miss living over on your side of town so it makes me feel closer when i read your blog for some reason. Oh and you are so flippin cool it makes me feel cool to know someone as cool as you. :)
Congrats on being so close to done with school!
Yup, I too occasionally read your blog. However, I usually comment on peoples blogs because I like comments myself too!!!
Okay, I was seriously going to kill you if you were going private. And someone from a tiny town in Illinois looked at mine every day too. And I can't figure out who it is. And there have been several customers at my work that have told me they read my blog. I hope they like me talking about rape-ville Hobby Lobby.
I love reading your blog because you make me totally laugh! I don't check my private blogs as much as I do the non private ones because I can' put them on my google reader, but if you do let me know.
Mary
thanks for always keeping me up on the two of you and your lives. Oh and also thanks for the heads up on cute clearance!
Okay, iambarticus, we should be friends because the flight of the conchords reference was amazing. Nicely done.
Thank You for not going private!!! Its so lame. How can you tell how many people have gone to your blog/where they are from? That might be interesting.
hi melissa! i love checking on your blog and reading on what you've been up to since high school. i don't know if i've commented on your blog before, but I know what you mean about loving comments! maybe i'll have to start commenting on yours! hope you're doing wonderful! you're almost done with school! WAY TO GO!
raylene (killian) bowles
Your new pajamas are fun! Haha. I'm your second cousin, Bonnie. I check up on your blog cause you are hilarious and seem very fun...so now you know! Woo!
I read it! I read it!! I love your blog!
Even if I asked for people to comment, I still don't think I'd get as many comments as you do on a regular basis! Your so popular :) Hey, wait a second... do you ever comment on my blog?!!! Ok, I read your blog & must admit I like it... especially Phily's cheesy smiles!! Hope school is rounding out ok :)
Ok you caught me I've been reading your blog since the Christmas party. Because you reminded me how funny you are, before that I just didn't know you all too well. But we had some good chats so I thought I'd add you to my list. You always make me laugh I can totally hear you talking when I read your posts!
Oh n PS I was very concerned about the HIGH cut ugly.. make me gag bottoms! I watch the Miss A countdown (the show on TLC) and those girls have more than one of those sick bottoms! They are not flattering on anyone!
I'm not commenting just because you said too, (BTW, small tear that I was mentioned by Becky too!) Anyhow, so I checked the TV and Miss America didn't record. I'll blame Jason for that one too. SO- I'll have to check the fancy channel one thing and see if it has it there. If not, whaa.
Oh little Melissa....I remember when you were born, and I hate that because then I feel very old! I have been friends with Alyson since we were in kindergarten. I look at your blog when I check out Alyson. You have turned in to such a beautiful (and freaking tall) woman. My favorite memory is that when you were learning the 'ABC'S' instead of saying "double you", you said "bubble you" and it was sooo adorable!
You are so amazing and should be mighty proud of yourself!
Love,
Tanya
PS: Sorry I'm a creepy blog stalker :)
And since I'm stalking you, can ya tell me how the heck you know where people are reading your blog? That's kinda cool, but I can't figure it out...wanna tell me?
I try to catch up with you two as often as possible and thank you for giving us info on what is going on with you. Besides, I would never know if PJ is even alive out there!! Miss you both and love looking at your craziness!!
Mum L.
I sat by you at Cheesecake Factory for Lauren's shower thing-y. We TOTALLY know each other!
I comment from time-to-time but always wonder if that's weird, so I'm glad you like blog comments.
I'm also friends with Alyson, so I'm practically family--not stalkerish at all...? I love to check in on your fun blogs for my periodic dose of Jones perfection.
My blog is private. You're welcome to check it out, though. Email me if you want the link.
Um... did Barticus say you're boring? Au contraire.
You are goofy!! But thats what makes you Melissa. And props for admitting you are nosy! haha. I look at people's blogs that I dont know that well all the time...shhh dont tell. haha.
Nicely done. Think I might try this myself.
You already know I adore you and your cute blog. I am just saying hi!
I need to figure out who is looking at my blog but I'm pretty sure I'm not as popular as you. By the way be glad you are taking WREB now -- there are changes in the works and many a people are not too pleased.
Hey Melissa... I totally love checking on your blog. You can always make me smile and I love seeing how real and down-to-earth you are! Thanks! Love ya!
30 COMMENTS! Holy cow. You are pop-u-lar. What's your secret? I want fans!
And yes, I read your blog. But you already knew that. I will try to comment more often and brighten your days :)
Ok, since you obviously know there are secret readers out there, I may as well tell you- I check every once in a while- from Kelli's blog. And happened to check in on this post! If you remember, I'm her old roommate. Anyway, it's always fun to read your witty stories!
Please tell me you recorded the Miss America pagent! If so, we have to watch it tomorrow. I'll be the first to say that high cut anything on anybody is not hot! (Even though I loved the french cut swimsuits back in the day - remember my black and teal Hawaiian one? Yikes!)
Hmmmm...very interesting social experiment. You are quite popular. And, you're welcome for bringing you readership from my ever-so-popular blog...ha. Just kidding.
First of all, you are hilarious-thanks. Sorry Tucson isn't a more exciting place to visit from on the sitemeter, but I do enjoy your blog! You are quite popular.
Melissa
Andy's boss offered to pay for Anistons entrance into the park if Andy didnt take her on a Sunday. Very generous coming from our new bishop. Anyway it worked out better this weekend so he took his boss up on his offer and they went now. You do have to go on the exact birthday to get in free!
Mrs. Idaho here, I am Julia's good friend and I used to hang out at the Lindblom house a lot in high school. I click over occasionally to see what "Little Phil" and his fun wife are up to!
Hi Melissa!
I don't know you and you don't know me but I am one of Amanda Rasmussen's friends and I clicked on her link to you once and I thought you were super funny. So, I read your blog sometimes. Oh also, this is random too but your sister in law was my cheer coach approx 97 years ago, K maybe more like 10. We were her first squad at BJH. Anyway, you are funny and I work from home in the mornings and am stuck at the computer for lots of hours in a row so I need stuff to do. So I blog stalk strangers. And...when you click on my name, you will see that I am one of those paranoid people that have private blogs. I know super hypocritical since I read strangers' blogs and I am a stalker myself, but...if you want, you can email me at brody3608@yahoo.com and I will add you to my list so you can see what type of weirdos are reading your blog. And that was a super long comment, especially since I am a stranger!
Nicole Black
See, you DO have friend. LOTS of them!
I'm smart... and like to type things incorrectly.
But hey, that was TWO comments you just got to read!
Hey Melissa, I pop by, and you make me laugh :) I live in TX now, but not Dallas. Hope you get that mystery solved :)
um...you have 41 comments?! you and philip are waaaay popular :) awwww!
so down the dirt of why i came on this-a-way! james took the PCAT on saturday!!! OMG he looked spent and done. first of all, totally jealous that philip is waaay ahead of james! second of all, still jealous! lol! i'm keeping my fingers crossed he did amazingly super rocket scientist well, but with all in mind, he probably did what everyone else did :( how many schools did philip apply to?! wait, is that too personal?!!!
What's with comment #2? Anywho, of course I still check your blog from time to time; I've just gotten lazy with the commenting.
after 43 comments I hope your day is going well! My husband Mike and I love reading your blog. It's one of the few we laugh at frequently because we can relate so much to what you post. p.s. I'm probably just as nosy as you so keep posting :) and thanks for being funny!
i told mary that she's mary-awesome. lol! all credit of the fantastic photos goes to her!!! and she's dirt cheap compared to other fotogs. wait, did i spell that right? is it pho-togs?! ugh.
and no, your memory isn't wrong! james has been working on pre-reqs for the longest time and now can barely start applying! 3 yrs totally beats 4 to me - lol!
hahaha i'm being sneaky since i'm not telling james yet, but what did you and philip think about the whole admissions process?!
and maybe i should email you instead of making blog posts...lol!
You never cease to make me laugh Melissa! I've been stalking your blog forever now! Long before I started my own.... sorry! :) So I love your mom! She is totally saving me and helping us out so much w/ wedding stuff!
seriously, I was just blogging & saw your blog name & thought... I wonder how many people have commented on their page now....45!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need to get more friends!... & no, you can never hear someone tell you your baby is cute too many times :)
total blog stocker, you crack me up though, great sense of humor!
I stalk you, and I like it. We're in New Jersey so now you know why that state might come up. Oh and I like the new PJ's. PJ's are fun and so much better than boring ol' t-shirts and sweats. Love ya!
To quote Snagglepuss...
Heavens to Murgatroyd you have a lot of stalkers. What a brilliant idea to make them come out of the woodwork!
sorry for deleting a comment...I spelled Murgatroyd wrong and it bothered me.
I check you out all the time and love reading about you and your cute family. I am glad school is almost over for you and hope you and Phillip are well. Thanks for all the great stuff you post you are hilarious and keep me coming back for more :)
I'm the Illinoisian!! Have no idea how I found your blog, but... love it! So cute and so fun and usually you make me laugh out loud.
And yes I did watch the pageant, those suits appalled me! This contest is one of my favs though (vs. Ms. USA and such) because they do a talent which sort of makes up for the fact that they are in a competition based on their face and body... Oh I'm sorry, "scholarship competition." =P
Have a good day! Hope you don't mind my reading =)
Well.. I don't know you at all but finding your blog through an friend from high schools sister and I thought you were someone I knew but you weren't and I have followed you ever since! Love the pjs!
Don't know if you remember me, but I check your blog occasionally. I'm not the best blogger (I kind of go through phases) and I maybe look @ your blog a very couple months or so...It is really entertaining!!! You make me laugh!
Anyway, hope you have a great day!
Yikes! You asked for comments and got them, people like your blog because you make really boring things sound funny and interesting, and yes I check your blog because you and Sara are the ones who made me start one.
I read your blog.
Great way to catch the lurkers! I love site meter. Now look at how many comments you got. lol! I commented a while back (i think only once) Hey, you never know, private may be the way to go. My friend had the same issue, although hers got kinda outta hand with a RIDICULOUS lurker. Cute bloggy!
Thank you!! Yay for new friends!! Well at least now a more un-lopsided friendship, I am so happy I de-lurked myself =)
Oh and I totally read your whole blog, way-back-when too so I'm very flattered that you did the same!
well you could mayb know my sisters?? We kinda all look alike! and its funny cuz you look familiar too!
Holy comments! Well I just saw your blog the other day so I wan't one of the old blog stalkers but I am a new one! I like anyone who calls me crazy cute! :) I have a blog tracker thing on mine too and it freaked me out at first that so many people looked at it and how many people googled my name. Then somehow someone posted my blog on a braces forum online and I had like 200 hits a day. Anyway, just saying hi. I may try this whole demanding a comment idea!
K 61 comments would like make my life, I think I would tell people I didn't even know that I had 61 people comment! haha. And good luck with being so close to being done with school! How exciting!
Hi Mel! It's just little OLD me from Mesa Town! :D
it is christensen and all my older bro and sisters went to mesa high. Mark, Scott, Kimberly, Amy, Julie, and Cindi. haha who knows.. But thank you for the compliment!
OK, OK, So I am totally guessing I am Mrs. Idaho?... I do love your blog... you crack me up. And I love all your Arizona stories and picture... I lived there 6 yrs ago and miss is dearly. I found your blog through Allison's. You can totally see my blog if you want an invite... just email me.... terbeaky[at]hotmail[dot]com and I will send you an invite.
P.S. your new p.j.s are fun!
Haha, you are so funny. I changed the channel before the pageant started and got sucked into the show I was watching I forgot to go back to the Miss America pageant, shameful, I know. Hehe.
Hi Melissa! Are you going for the world record for comments? I am totally laughing at this post mostly for how many people respond to you. But that doesn't surprise me. ALL my kids were telling me how much they LOVE YOU. They realized this just this month since we went to the dentist and they didn't see your smiling face behind the desk. (Do you really HAVE to be a hygienist?) You seem to brighten the road you travel be it blog land or otherwise.
Hi Melissa, Dawn (Stones) Davis here...I admit, your posts crack me up, and I am definitely a blog stalker. If you see "Alaska" has visited your blog, that's me! I'm glad to see you're doing well and you're almost done with school. Good luck with everything else.
Hi love! Your blog is awesome and I am impressed by the 67 comments that you have!
I check your blog because you are so irreverent, and I'm jealous.
*PHEW!* i almost had a heart attack when you said that word.... the P word!!!!
well, i already came out of the closet... but um, here i am again, confessing my love for your blog.
i love your life.
Hi Melissa, I love your blog! This is Amelia Petersen/Smith, I hope you remember me, and don't hate me :) You really make me laugh. It's so fun to see what people are doing from high school.
I am probably "Mrs Idaho"-guilty of checking your blog...I got hooked when you did the family posts and then would get curious and check it again later...I graduated with Kevin and hung out with Colette (Ally Stones) anyway I live in Idaho so I guess that would be me :)
Just saying Hi! You don't know me but I found your blog through Laurens. And I just had to laugh because I just called out my own snoopers known as Mrs. Idaho or Mrs. Canada as well.
Unfortunate though it back fired and hardly anyone came out of the closet and it set off some hurt feelings. I even did a give away but not many were brave :( I thought though that this was really cute how you did it.
And yes, I do like your new pjs! And sadly, I missed the Miss America show. Who won?
Hey Melissa! It's Afton... hope you remember me!
Wow!! Look at all these people who read your blog!! Pretty impressive.
We've never met, but I used to live next door to your sister, I went to high school with your brother and I went to elementary school with your husband
So I am totally one of the people that occasionally check out what's new with you. I don't know if you remember me...my maiden name is Wakefield. "Hi!"
Hi Melissa, I also must confess that I read your blog but we don't know each other. I've been reading it for awhile now and I just can't recall how I stumbled upon it...feel free to take a peak into my little world. BTW, nice PJ's! : ) All my best, Christina
Holy comments. You should add my sister to this list, too. She told me that she read your blog once and thought it was funny, so now she checks it every so often. Creepy.
Why and What
Hi Melissa, yes, I am a blog stalker too! All the way from Ecuador at that. But I always enjoy an entertaining blog to read. Maybe I'll start commenting more, but in honesty, I'm not the best at commenting!
I read your blog! I love it! I like reading it because 1) you're funny and 2)You're in hygiene school (so am I) So I guess it makes me feel like I'm reading about my own life. except, I'm not married, I'm not graduating soon and I don't live in Arizona soooo maybe we don't have anything in common.
Hey Mel,
Can I call you Mel? I mean I have seen you in your pajamas. Anyways I am finally outing myself as a secret reader of your blog.As you have already been told, you are hilarious! Everytime I read your blog it makes me happy! =)
Why did I wait so long to let you know I read your blog? Because I knew you would follow me back to my blog and I wanted my blog to be updated.
Also for your benefit I have left this comment under your going private post, so that you could have one more comment on it. I'm nice like that. :).
Anywho, I am a friend of a friend of Sarah's. She may or may not know who I am. I love reading about all of you Joneses.
Just the other day we were having french fries, I got the ketchup out and my son told me that he hoped it was the kind that made a farting noise.
So now that you know I read your blog, maybe I'll start leaving comments. I know you want to know what a stranger thinks about the things going on in your life.
Jamie from Australia checking out your blog for the first time. I found you through Lauren at Busy Bee Lauren. Now, that is a blog I am addicted to!
Off to read some more of your blog. :)
K- I am Jill's sister- & we think you are the best! Love the randomness & you are frickin' (yep, I just used that word) hilarious :) keep up the awesomeness & best of luck with school- studying does suck!
loves
jodi (utah)
Post a Comment