So last year, I set like a million (fifteen) goals for myself...and maybe that didn't work out so well.
Here goes...
~
1. Be punctual. Not just more punctual, but downright punctual.
Ha ha, you think I'm punctual now? I will say this for myself, I'm always on time to school...but anywhere else, not so much. I give myself a half-check.
~
#2. Walk my shoes into the closet every day.
Failed. Next one.
~
#3. Put on lotion every day.
I should have said, "Put on lotion five days a week. Then I could have given myself a full check. Instead, I am giving myself a 5/7 check.
~
#4. Make and follow a budget and be more frugal and look for opportunites to save.
Um, check-ish? Or not, I don't really know or care at this point.
~
#5. Use groceries before they go bad.
Check. I suppose.
~
#6. Learn to play the piano again.
Honestly, who was I kidding? This should be a negative check.
~
#7. Read more books.
Um, I've been in school the last 11 months, and basically I cannot allow myself to read because then I don't want to do anything else. So I will give myself a check, for the books that I've read during my breaks, and can't wait until May when I get to read as much as I want.
~
#8. Take Philip on a date that I plan once or twice or more.
Nope. I'm a bad and very boring wife.
~
#9. Take lots of pictures of everything.
Hooray! A full blown check! Yes, I took lots of pictures of everything. Don't believe me? Well then you haven't been reading my blog very long.
~
#10. Do cute things for and with my cute Sunbeams.
Did you see the aprons? I kind of redeemed myself at the end of the year. Check.
~
#11. Eat healthier snacks.
You should see me eat grapes. I eat them like they're going out of style. But is it healthy for one person to eat a 4 lb box of grapes every week? Eh, half-check.
~
#12. "I really want to lose three pounds." (It's from a movie, hence the quotes. I kind of can't stand when quotation marks are used incorrectly. That's besides the point though.)
What a joke. Moving on.
~
#13. Drink more water, and maybe not as much Diet Pepsi.
Check on the water, and no check on the Diet Pepsi. I'm not an addict though, I can quit when I want...
~
#14. Work out once a week.
Once again, who was I kidding? Negative check.
~
#15. Learn to cook healthy meals.
I probably should learn how to, and actually cook at all. Failed again.
~
So, perhaps 2008 wasn't the most productive goal oriented year for me, eh? So I've decided to keep this year's goals simple.
They are as follows...
#1: Graduate.
#2: Pass all my boards.
#3: Take a trip to NYC.
#4: Be less frumpy.
And that's it. Wish me luck for 2009! It's going to be a monumental year!
8 comments:
I'm so glad you make resolutions! Big, fatty congrats to you!!!!
Melissa-
I admire your goal making personality. Even if you don't completely accomplish them... you are still trying! Great job~
I'm all about setting fewer goals - good luck!
Hey there! Long time no see! I like your resolutions, they made me laugh reading about your prgress! I'm right there with ya! Hopefully this year will be better than last! Sounds like you have a great year ahead of you! Good luck with everything!
yeah, no kidding...this year sounds like it's gonna be awesome!
my theory-if ya don't make goals, you can't break 'em.
sounds good to me!
Less frumpy?! What's that all about? And what does that make me - Queen of Frumpiness? I think you're cute already and can go ahead and check #4 off your list. Your other goals will be a piece of cake for you, I'm sure.
woah... i dont know what is up with the font on that post... but now i feel all cross-eyed!
hilarious although i am sure painful to recap... i did the same with mine... went over them and laughed. seriously, i crack myself up: "make a new friend at church EVERY week"... wow, Holly, um... seriously?
good luck with this year's resolutions- and um, just keep drinking your dr. pepper... i mean, people like you (aka supermodels)can seriously afford to. so i say- just DO IT :)
HAHAH! Thank you for this post!
Post a Comment