You guys it's officially sweater weather.
Which means that I've been cold all weekend long, and Philip is still wearing shorts and flip flops and thinks that the weather is delightful. Last night he did let me turn on the heater in the car though...isn't he a sweetheart?
And then when I woke up this morning it was like 70 degrees in our house...brrr. Therefore I am currently donning my old ugly pj pants with holes in them, and my pink fluffy robe. And yes it is as sexy as it sounds. Lucky Philip huh? Once again, where is warmer than Arizona?
In other news, I just polished off my second bowl of Marshmallow Mateys this morning. Guess what I like...cereal. Marshmallow Mateys/Lucky Charms in particular.
We never have it because well, I don't know, we just never buy it, and 95% of the time our milk is expired anyways. We aren't really milk drinkers at our house. Like if cereal tasted good with Diet Pepsi poured over it, we would have no need for milk at all. Anyways, three quarters of the way through my second bowl, I remembered that I have a doctors appointment today...which inevitably means an official weigh in. I really don't mind going to appointments, I just hate that they always start with a weigh in. It's like a wrestling match or something. Now I'm wishing I would have kept my breakfast to one bowl, and will have to plan my outfit accordingly (no layers or sweaters (which will be hard since it is sweater weather)).
And lastly, yesterday was my parents anniversary! 35 years...holy crap!
Aren't they stunning? Let's all take a moment and thank them for creating six awesome kids. I mean, we are pretty great right? No but really, congrats to them. It does however, make me wonder what me and Philip will look like in 32 more years.
Probably something like this:
Except for the fact that I look like my dad and Philip looks like his mom, but I'm not THAT good at using Microsoft Paint. This picture makes me laugh though, because often times at wedding receptions I pair up the bride's mom and the groom's dad in my head (to give me an idea of what the couple will look like years to come, not for anything else pervs) ...and it produces pictures like this. I seriously laugh every time. I'm really normal.
Anyways, have a good week friends! Enjoy fall!
13 comments:
I am in love with Marshmallow Matey's! Girl...you have to try Tooty Fruity's. They are magical.
It is so freakin' cold!
You make me laugh, over and over. Thanks for the back to the future view of you two.
Do you need a good pair of flannel pajamas? I'd ask about flannel sheets but I don't think Philip would ever put up with those. I just hope someone comes through for your birthday with a new Gold Medal Gardening (most remarkably warm) hooded sweatshirt. That would be nice!
that picture of my dad & your mom was great Melissa!! Seriously made me laugh out loud :)
Ha! We have our thermostat set at 60 degrees... its good to be a man.
holy cow! For a second I couldn't tell you put two pictures together and I was like " Wow Elise is snuggled up pretty close to Phillip's Dad (sorry I wish I knew his name :) they must be close with the in-laws. And then I realized, No Amanda you bone head. Pictures aren't always what they seem. Still hilarious though :)
I love the future picture of you two. : )
Congrats to your parents! Cereal sounds really good right now to me... Dang lunchtime hunger! Just thought I'd say howdy to ya' and good job on your schooling girl! Love ya!
i totally meant to say hi to you on sunday! i was too busy chasing my kid around the hallway as you popped into the bathroom with a kiddo in tow. hahahaha!
i love sweater weather. that means it's time for puffy jackets! yay!
ah... the future Lindblom's- hope I'm around to see that:)
Wendi
I was trying to figure out who that strange man was next to your mom. Makes sense that it is phil's dad. My favorite is at wedding receptions when the groom awkwardly dances with his mother-in-law or the bride with her new father-in-law. thats always funny.
Marshmallow Mateys...excellent choice. It is one of my favorites. Did I ever tell you about that one time my freshman year (of college, mind you) when I ate an entire bowl of just the marshmallows? I picked out the anchors, and ate the marshmallows with milk. I'm sure I've told you, because it is one of my greatest accomplishments. I had wanted to do that since I was little, and finally accomplished the life long dream as a college freshman. Yep, I'm a winner.
Also...the girl in the Y sweatshirt is McKell - one of my roommates from the last year. I just realized that I've lived with all of those girls at some point or another over the last 5 years...wow.
Anyways, congrats on sweater weather. We've passed that season here already, and have now moved on to sub-zero parka weather.
Hey big Sister! I am so excited for you to tell me the in's and out's of Rio Salado I can't wait but am a little nervous too. So i guess I'll be seeing you November
7th!!! Yeah!!
Don't be a baby Mel, it is not that cold. Think of it as boot season. Who doesn't love wearing a hot pair of boots? Every female superhero wears them... ;) I kind of miss going to lunch. Hope you are doing well!!
Post a Comment