Monday, October 20, 2008

Exciting news and the weekend...

So our Lindblom family had the most exciting surprise last Wednesday! Philip's sister Julia, had her tiny baby boy! She was four weeks early, but due to some unforeseen obstacles, she had him on Wednesday! I actually was really glad it was that day, because isn't the 15th such a cuter day than the 14th or 16th? The answer is, yes Melissa, the 15th is definitely cuter.

We went down to the hospital about an hour after she had the baby, and it was a serious party with all the sisters there. Unfortunately we didn't get to see the baby though because since he was early and tiny, he had to go up to the nursery. Julia has a few pictures posted on her blog here.

So then on Saturday night, Kev & Nicole called and wanted to hang out, and it was decided that we would go to Fiddlesticks, which none of us had been to since our first dates (Kev took Nicole there on their first date too). We first hit up the driving range, which the boys took VERY seriously. And of course, I took pictures all along the way. Philip being a natural at every sport ever... Me being bad at every sport ever, and breaking Philip's heart because he's so scared that our kids will get my athletic abilities. Notice that the ball is still in place after my power swing...

Nicole being way better than me...

And Kevin being the athletic Jones...

Kev teaching Nicole, "It's all in the hips..."

Me thinking, "If you had fun you won!" and Philip still being nervous for our children...

We then went to the batting cages, and doesn't it look like Kevin kind of has nubs for arms here?

And that Philip has a nub for a leg here? I maybe laughed out loud when I took these...

We finished up our night with miniature golf, in which Kev insisted on keeping score and took it ridiculously seriously, and then didn't do as well as he wanted, which made him really angry and made us laugh harder than we have in a long long time. At the end, Philip came in first, and beat us all by 21 strokes, and Kev was seriously pissed. He kind of got over it. Enough that I could at least be obnoxious and take another picture... ...and request yet another one be taken of us. So that's all. I'm just realizing that I took pictures as if we were at Disneyland or something...and yet, we were right at white trash home in Arizona. I'm awesome. Whatev, have a good week, and happy almost two months until Christmas!

10 comments:

Lindsee said...

Be grateful for White Trash AZ Golfing! Tyler and I went in Orem, UT and it was the lamest, nastiest sickest course we had ever seen. All of the decoys were river rocks (lame) and the holes were filled with water and the green carpet/grass stuff was coming up everywhere, which would make your perfect aim meaningless. I think I am ranting a little.

Alisse Baldwin said...

Um, hello, you look so much like your sisters/mom in that last picture. Way to be athletic and go on a date involving physical activity! What a concept. And by 'what a concept' I meant that it's a concept I haven't thought of in months.

And you're looking really hot these days. I haven't seen you in a while, and you're still as attractive as ever!

Marie said...

I loved the play-by-play of Fiddlesticks. I felt like I was there. Have you considered sports broad casting? I always thought that the sports games would be so much more interesting if they included a female broadcaster who told us stuff we really cared about.
Ex. Male: "Wow, that was a great hit by______ he's having an amazing season." Female "Yeah, and he just took his wife on an anniversary trip to________ he must really love her. Or his favorite food is__________".
But maybe all the sports stars aren't cool people and it would make me hate them...But I know Steve Nash is nice. Right? (Minus the hair...)

HooHoo said...

Philip does so well for having only one leg and a nub and Kevin has skeleton arms. I'm with Marie on the sportscaster idea, you're so good at play-by-play. What are you going to school for anyway?

Congrats to Shawn and Julia and baby Sam. I think little Sam will be a very attractive young man.

james n mary said...

OMG i LOVE your red flats!!!

and congrats to the addition of growing lindbloms!!!

Jenny Hogle said...

Muahaha I laughed out loud at Kevin's stubby arms. Fun date night! You guys are too cute. "If you had fun you won" I was dying.

amanda p. said...

who cares if you hit the ball golfing! seriously all that matters is that you were looking H-O-T wearing super attractive red shoes. nice one!

amy mo said...

So, I just found your blog! It's Amy. From the Cheesecake Factory. Well, not just the Cheesecake Factory, but you know. I gotta say, your blog is pretty darn cute. And it's kind of strange because just a few days ago I went to Fiddlesticks for the first time EVER and played some miniature golf. Weird! Maybe not.
Anyway, that's all!

Kristin said...

I totally turn my blog page on during the day, just so I can hear the music too! Love your blogs Mel!

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Hey cuter Twin friend!

"Me thinking, "If you had fun you won!" and Philip still being nervous for our children... "

That alone, is the story of my life. True story.