Sunday, June 8, 2008

What is up...

I started school again, and get this:
.
I clean teeth now.
.
My first patient was the sweetest girl ever, even if she kind of does look dead behind the eyes in this picture. (I had just sat her up after being laid back in the chair for like three hours, hence the dead eyes.)
No but seriously, Sara is so so nice for being my patient, especially since she's a real life pro and could clean her own teeth if she wanted! She's pretty much my favorite patient.
.
Anyways, now that I have an actually cleaning schedule, if ANYONE wants/needs their teeth cleaned, please let me know!

Here are the details:
.
* It is $25 for everything, including as many appointments as it takes, a full mouth set of x-rays, a ridiculously comprehensive and thorough cleaning, and exams by the on staff dentist.
.
*You need to have at least like eight spare hours on your hands (two four hour appointments...bring your ipod), since first of all, I'm new at this, and secondly, everything has to be checked and rechecked to make sure that I did it perfectly.
.
*My school is in Downtown Phoenix. It only takes like 25-ish minutes to get there, but gas prices, bla bla bla, so yeah, Phoenix.
.
*I see patients on Tuesday afternoons at 1:00, and Thursday mornings at 7:30, and the appointments last a little less than four hours.
.
Please please please let me know if you want to come in! I don't care how long it has been since you had your last cleaning, the longer the better!
.
My e-mail address is:
.
And FYI, I have an opening this Thursday morning that has your name all over it!
.
.
In other news, me and the sisters went swimming with the kiddos on Friday which was delightful. Philip didn't have school so he came and was the funnest uncle because he romped around in the water with them.

How cute are all those kids? I kind of love them.

And lastly, Kelli was in town so some of the girlfriends went to dinner, where we all got salads and I was kind of embarrassed because I felt like we were those salad eating girls. You know?

It was a seriously fun time. For the sake of remembering in eighty years, left to right is:

Alisse, me, our Mexican looking friend- Kelli (how did I not notice how tan you are until just now?), Kim, and Stacie, who brought a random baby with her. I swear, she'll do anything for attention. :) I like my friends. Hey friends, we should hang out more, okay?

Anyhoo, that's it for me. I should go to sleep, but since I accidentally took a four hour nap today, I'm not so tired. Whoops.

10 comments:

Kelli said...

You clean teeth now! That is amazing, and yes, you have a very nice sister for letting you work on her for hours on end.

Agreed about the salad thing...I really didn't want salad, but none of the entrees sounded good to me. I made up for it by eating 3 croissants. And, I'm not really tan; I was just laughing really hard at Stacie's child grabbing and eating a piece of spinach off of Stacie's plate, and when I laugh really hard, it makes my face all flushed, so I look a lot more tan than I actually am.

Emily, Julia, and Annie said...

Okay I am totally interested in being your patient on a Tuesday. But a little FYI: your dad may have asked me if I flossed with licorice/called me saliva girl. So bring your elbow length gloves.

Bekah Parker said...

Oh how fun! Oh Stacie and the baby. That is so funny.

HooHoo said...

You are very thorough! I'm up for another appointment once I get back from girls' camp.

The kids sure love Philip. Maybe you need to have 8-9 kids right away.

And salad...boring. Hope your visit was more fun than the food.

r+s+a laney said...

where have you been? i want to move home. YOU ARE SO LUCKY!! I want to be in hygiene school already but I'm taking my sweet time. PS we may transfer to asu sssooooo you'll have to hook me up on the secrets to get in, cool? you are at mcc right? if we stay here I'm trying for this school called ucdh. ugh it's hard. you are so cute and so is your hubby!!!

The Fletchies said...

let me know when you want Annie to come in. She's all for it. I'm guessing you don't have school on saturday? cause then devin could come in...but maybe he shouldn't because he claims his back tooth is literally falling apart. ya sure. what an over exaggerator. It's probably just a cavity and he's acting like he's going to have to sign up for wooden teeth soon. But then again I think the last time he got them cleaned was on his mission. Not that we don't have dental insurance or anything so please no pity. He could go in he just doesn't.

Kristin said...

Our fam does miss Mesa. Pretty sure Lethe won't blog...she barely facebooks. Have you talked to here since she's been home?

Busy Bee Lauren said...

Congrats on the teeth cleaning!! That is super AWESOME!

As for the salad, yeeeah...the waiter was probably thinking the same think you were thinking, "Man, some more of THOSE girls" haha. Seriously, next time get a burger...k? Just Kidding.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

I'll work on some patients for you!!!!!

james n mary said...

hey there mel! our husbands used to be home teaching companions! (haha it would help with last names huh! James Seebach!) are you guys still in the RDMP ward? If so...we'll see you soon because we're moving back! I didnt' have a chance to get to know you well then because I think we were in the process of moving out to a new place. Maybe Phillip and James can carpool to Midwestern with those rising gas prices, huh!

OMG you clean teeth?! I totally need to email you and set up an appointment. seriously, I haven't had my teeth cleaned since...before I was married!!!

and of course I'm addicted to vacay pics and enjoyed seeing all of yours. I think - believe it or not - we were in Dland the SAME EXACT TIME! Memorial day weekend???!!!