Saturday, March 22, 2008

Life as of Late

Sorry for the anti-exciting blog as of late...not that it is jam packed excitement otherwise, but life for us has been fairly boring for the past little while. We go to school, we come home and eat and study. Awesome huh?
.
Last night we did go to Peter Piper with some of our friends. Philip was pretty much addicted to this game:
Which is kind of unfortunate because he didn't see me get not one, but two 10,000 point shots in one game of skeeball. Amazing, I know.
.
In other news, I decided to try my hand at being domestic last weekend and made banana bread.

I was fairly pleased with the results, and maybe have tricked people in my ward into thinking that I can bake or something. Or if they didn't like it, they can at least reuse the ribbon! Isn't it just so SPRING? I kind of love it.

I also brought Hector home from school, and left him in the kitchen, and when I got home a little later, Philip decided that we should have Hector share our bed.

Hectors are basically the boyfriends of hygiene school. We also have Dexters, but they have a big ol' lever on their heads so that we can open and close their mouths, which makes them a little less attractive and real looking. We use those for taking x-rays.

And speaking of x-rays, this semester we have to take a full set of x-rays on a real patient. My mom is a gem and coming in to be my patient, but my friend Diane can't find anyone.

She is really good and super fun, basically my BFF in school. Soooo, if you or anyone you know,

#1 - needs a full set of x-rays (as in it has been 3+ years since you last had them taken)

#2 - wants to pay the low low price of $25 for them, which also entitles you to a cleaning when we start doing that next semester, and you'll get a copy of the x-rays to take to your dentist

#3 - doesn't have a super tiny mouth (these are for a grade and small mouths are A LOT harder to expose good x-rays on)

#4 - wants to drive to Downtown Phoenix

and #5 - is available on April 9th, 16th, or 23rd, those are all Wednesdays, at either 9:10 or 10:10...

PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

And there are several other girls in class that are having a hard time finding patients too, so if you know lots of people who want to do this, FEEL FREE!

Lastly, I never posted about our Mardi Gras party. It was a ball. Here's my favorite picture from it:

Have a Happy Easter friends!

P.S. The gassy post was for Philip's truck. I think I would cry if that was for the Civic!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

I've been the wife of a student for 3 years. That means no dental insurance, which to a poor person like me, means no dental visits. I'm definitely interested in becoming a candidate, but I'll have to let you know later about dates I'll be in town. I may not be able to do it, but you never know.

Also, in the past year, both my husband and I have had a filling fall out, so when you cover that in class, let us know.

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

Melissa... you can bake! & you are way cute & creative... never sell yourself short :) & I have to admit that Dexter & I know each other pretty well. We've even done a photo shoot together!!Tell him I say hi!

HooHoo said...

Mel-Mels
Does Hector snore with his mouth open like that? I would think that he would.
Also, are you scheming to be RS President with those home making skills. I always knew that you were pretty ambitious.
Dad

The Fletchies said...

I hope hector scared you because that would be entertaining. Good job on the banana bread! They look amazing with that cute ribbon on it. You always find the cutest ribbon ever. It surely will impress your ward. Way to go out of your way to give service.

HooHoo said...

Is that why you chose me for a patient, because I can open my mouth as far as Hector?

Janet said...

Melissa, I so enjoy looking at your blog and seeing what is going on with the two of you. We are so lucky to have such a wonderful daughter-in-law. Philip has truly been blessed. Thanks for being you and giving your all to whatever you do.
MUM Lindblom

Ryan Nelson Family said...

What a little domestic goddess you are! And yes I too have had a love affair with Dexter - apparently he gets around. Hector is a good name as well - my students have been struggling with a name for ours. Bob seems to be the name so far but frankly I think they can do much better.

Juli said...

Yes we need to make an appointment.....okay and that manican (spelling?) is freaky. By the way her banana bread was AWESOME and my kids devoured it.

The Jones Fam said...

We should hook Hector up with Trixie. That would be HOT!

Jake

Anonymous said...

Please keep in mind that Hector likely inhales 8-14 spiders per year as a result of his nocturnal mouth breathing. Some sources say on average a person inhales up to a pound of spiders over a lifetime. Does this enter your calculus for oral hygiene? BTW- Happy Birthday Phillip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope it was rad! (What? I'm hip, right?)

Anonymous said...

Please keep in mind that Hector likely inhales 8-14 spiders per year as a result of his nocturnal mouth breathing. Some sources say on average a person inhales up to a pound of spiders over a lifetime. Does this enter your calculus for oral hygiene? BTW- Happy Birthday Phillip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope it was rad! (What? I'm hip, right?)

Michelle said...

Melissa your bread looks amazing. Presentation is definitely everything!! Im sure it was incredibly delicious as well.