Tuesday, December 4, 2007

I'm in love...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS. Have I mentioned that before? Because I do. I love everything about it, especially my Christmas tree!
I couldn't decide which way looked more magical... I also LOVE this little arrangement, even though it makes my pictures in a weird spot on the wall. I suppose I could take them down...but I'm lazy. This is the nativity that we grew up using. My mom gave it to me for our first married Christmas, and my sisters are totally jealous. I can't decide which is my favorite, the donkey with one ear, the cow with one horn, the wise man without a foot, or the shepherd who has had his head has been glued back on.
Basically I'm really sappy and love how sentimental this is.

New purchase this year: glittery little red candles that match our red balls on the tree.

Unfortunately they are replacing these...

If you take one thing from this post, let it be this: candles in a storage room in Arizona is never a good idea.
Okay, you are either going to think I'm a freak or be totally jealous here.
So perhaps all of the presents that go under our Christmas tree match the decor. And since there are only two of us, all of Philip's presents are wrapped in gold, and mine are all wrapped in red, and they obviously have the opposite ribbon on them.

This brings me to another thing I'm loving on right now:

My adorable Philip.

Didn't he do a good job wrapping my red presents? He even put the ribbon on himself. And he secretly likes that I'm a freak about things matching, and he also secretly likes that all of our decorations are glittery, so at any given point in December we have glitter somewhere on our faces. Or maybe he hates that, I don't remember.

He also bought me new wrapping paper last night at Costco, even though he often tells me I have too much.

(It's the red and silver snowflake one which is totally reversible and is plain silver on the other side, how useful is that?)

When I got home from work today he asked me if I had looked at this receipt:

apparently I bought patent pu & pee.

We laughed and laughed and laughed.

These were also waiting for me when I got home from work today...

Yes yes my friends, I'm in love.

22 comments:

Sara! said...

So did he beat you and that's why you got roses? They're so pretty!
I like the tree best with the lights off, and am totally jealous of your nativity. I like that the baby Jesus comes out of the manger because I remember Kev sneaking it and carrying it around the house. You don't remember, you weren't born. :)I think I like that the donkey's ear off the best. We really need to make that wrapping paper holder. It's late and I'm not funny. Better luck next time.

MeL said...

Nope, no beating or fighting or anniversary (Happy Anniversary to you Sara)or occasion neccessitated the roses...perhaps last week I complained that he hasn't gotten me flowers since he proposed three years ago, but it isn't like my whining has gotten me things in the past so they were totally unexpected! And as a sidenote, they smell delightful.

Marie said...

Your tree is beautiful! And I bet your house smells Christmasy too. Can we come watch you open your matching presents Christmas morning? We'll take pictures...and bring Grace in case you need help...

Brent and Brooke said...

How cute is that, Philip is so charming. You're so lucky. I love your christmas decor, everything that you do is adorable. Will you wrap my presents for christmas?

Brent and Brooke said...

Oh yeah, pu & pee? That's too funny!

HooHoo said...

How do you continue to be so amazing? The Nativity display is very nice and your tree is beautiful either way. I do LOVE it with the lights off. Great wrapping, Philip, and the roses were a nice "LTJ make up" gesture. Way to be as OCD as Melissa. You're a perfect match. I'm afraid Philip has a little Jones in him to point out pu pee. It's a definite laugh, as long as you don't laugh hard enough to wet your pants over it.

Unknown said...

Your mom and my mom must have gone to the same Homemaking night 30 years ago, cause she has that same nativity. Oh, except ours has a 3-legged sheep.

Alisse Baldwin said...

How fun! I love the tree, wrapping paper (I have the same one- but mine came in a 3 pack last year), and your patent pu pee.

Kirk and Aly said...

What was the patent pu and pee? I love love love your tree, especially with the lights out!

I remembered the same thing as Sara, and am totally jealous that you have the nativity where baby Jesus comes out - but I know for sure that if we had it baby Jesus would end up going to preschool with Lizzie for show and tell (because she takes everything these days for show and tell).

Also, we have the same wrapping paper too. Is this year number three that all Jones' are going to have matching wrapping paper? We must be related!

Anonymous said...

could you be more cute? i love that you each get your own color of wrapping paper. so martha. and how absolutely sweet that your thoughtful hubby got you roses.

The Fletchies said...

I love it! I want more christmas at my house. I'm pretty sure I'm going to kill my christmas tree becuase I refuse to turn off its lights. It looks like such a charlie brown tree with them off. Your tree is darling. I love the glitter. Doesn't it make it look twice as lit when the lights are on? SO SO cute. Way to be attractive

Laura Millett said...

i know this is the most random thing.. but i saw your husband at the store when he was buying those roses for you.. they are beautiful.. and i'm jealous of your cute house and christmas decorations- i must admit- i read your blog quite frequently cause it's so cute!!!

nicole and kevin said...

I love your christmas tree! I remeber setting eyes on it last year and wishing our tree looked half as cute as yours. So you don't know how excited I am that we will be coming home for Christmas. I miss everyone. And since kevin never told me about your sleep over request I'm going to have Bruce kick him in the boyz. Oh and good job on Phil surprising you with beautful flowers. There is nothing better then that. See you in two weeks YAY

kellibattraw said...

You guys are too cute... I wish our house was as "together" as yours. : )

•stephanie• said...

hurray for imperfect nativities. we are currently missing the sheep from our fisher price set. oh, well . . . and it's a great feeling that people want to buy my stuff that isn't even for sale ~ yet. a guy at the "julio's too" drive~through wanted to buy my car the other day. and now with you and my house. apparently, you'll have to fight off my own children. i knew drew wanted it, and i guess amelia does too. things might get ugly. {neither of them have any money, though!}

Deanna said...

that is so funny he bought you roses after we had our complaining discussion on saturday. don't you just love how spontaneous men are? ha ha. but it still counts because they're gorgeous!

Deanna said...

i think it's really funny that he gave you flowers after our complaining discussion last saturday. at least he's paying attention! maybe we should start complaining about how we don't get enough diamonds? ha ha!

Deanna said...

ok... i basically just posted the same thing twice because i didn't see my first post somehow, so i posted again... sorry! i'm dumb!

Cara said...

I love your pics of you tree. Funny thing is i was waiting to see the whole wrapping paper thing too. I remember when we lived over there and when I had gone to your condo around Christmas time and saw how you matched the ornaments on your tree to the wrapping paper. Man I wish I could do that. And I am sure that Phillip just loves that about you. And his wrapping is so nice too. :)

Ps this is Cara Buchberger and I added you to our friends on our blog. :)

Sean & Julia Johnson.... said...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS!!! Thanx for sharing your fun times :) I especially like the receipt :)

angiedunn said...

Your tree is amazing! It's totally beautiful & very Mel-ish! You are the best wrapper. And I'm totally down w/ your OCD matching...even though I don't do that...it's something that makes total sense to me & I love it.

Is your house always sparkling clean? I commend you.

Melly Mel said...

Melissa! Happy Christmas and Happy New Year! Thanks for the post on my blog, I'll email you back with my reply! I am so glad you posted new pictures. You are so adorable.