My application is officially in the mail, and I am officially going to be somewhat nervous for the next month and a half. If nothing else, I hope they are impressed with my Star Wars stamps, especially since I saved my two favorite ones for this very envelope.Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me!
18 comments:
Congrats on your completed application! I'm sure the Miss Arizona pageant will love the Star Wars stamps. I'm so excited for you to do something as gutsy as this.
We need to make a schedule to brush up on your current events and practice your talent... what did you decide to do for this... eyelids flipped up riding on Kevin's shoulders or did you want me to teach you "Hot Crossed Buns" on the french horn?
AAHHhhhh! I can't wait for you to get the fatty envelope saying you got in! I think it comes the end of October. I don't remember for sure.
LOL to Star Wars stamps! I used Shirley Temple ones on my Interpreting app, because I was sure there'd be old ladies who would associate a cute lil' curly-haired singing sensation with someone who should be chosen for my program. Guess it worked!
Congratulations! That is nerve wracking, but I'm pretty sure you're a shoe in. Why did you peel such an enormous mound of peaches? They looked delicious, but I'm not sure I would've had the patience. Hats off to you for all of your accomplishments.
cute handwriting.
Good Luck! I know the feeling from when I applied to ASU's nursing program!
Yay, good luck!
I'll keep my toes crossed for you too :) I'm way excited for you!
Sara, it's the MRS. Arizona pageant...keep them straight!
Alisse, I'm glad that you think that stamps send a subliminol (sp?) message as well. Here was my thought process on this one: Star Wars stamps, awesome. Maybe they will see these, think that I'm totally nerdy, which will translate to being nerdy AND studious. Yes, Star Wars stamps it is. Hmm, should I use R2D2? Hans and Chewy? No no, these are perfect. Darth Vadar and C3PO. Word.
Good luck girl!
Oh FYI for the Jones people. This Wednesday, Sept 5, we are going to be doing Daniel's temple work and I will be doing my own as well! So if you guys want to come, it's the 5 pm session. And we will be eating at Macaroni Grill afterwards, if you want to come.
p.s. I love that I can tell everyone this through blogs. Amazing.
May the force be with you.
Obi (AKA Dad)
Good luck-that is way exciting...and fun! And I agree, way cute handwriting...that should surely get you in combined with those sweet stamps.
Good luck Melissa i am so excited for you! I will be so sad to see you go though...tear. For reals, I am going to cry!
Congrats! I know you will get it. But it is so nerve racking. By the way we have those exact same stamps and Mo will not let me use them. Everytime I go to he pitches a fit because he says they are "way too super cool and awesomer for anyone". Yes that's right awesomer.
I am so glad i found your blog too. I have not seen you in like two years, i think I was pregnant with Hailey. Now I have a thired. Her name is Leila Reese and she is so freaking adorable. I must admit my kids are super cute, but what mom doesn't thinnk that?
Good Luck Melissa! I love how cute you are... the stamps are my favorite part next to your "ooooh so cute" handwriting.
Hey so if you're up for a pass, lets! It could be the best times of our lives. I'm glad you're game!
I think you should have had personalized stamps made to show your dedication. You could have taken a picture with Dad's giant sized toothbrush and put that on the stamps. That would have done it.
Congrats Melissa on applying! Hope everything else is going great for you and your hubby! Just thought I'd say hi!
-Karisa Tomkinson (Crawford)
Good luck Mel Mel. I think the Star Wars stamps will be just the ticket. They're always looking for diversity, and they are probably lacking in the number of Star Wars nerds applying.
P.S. I also bought not 1, but 2 sheets of those stamps. So I'm the bigger nerd.
Jake
Post a Comment