Okay, so as usual, I'm going to throw out a disclaimer here; there are lots and lots of pictures, and knowing me, a good possibility that lots and lots of words will follow.
I am slightly nervous for Philip to see this because I can imagine him asking me, "Do you really think that everyone wanted to see EVERY detail of our life last week?" The answer: probably not. Sucks for you guys.
Hooray for CALIFORNIA!!!Philip told me tonight that this vacation was his favorite vacation ever. Hooray for successful vacations! Ok, less talk more rock.
Every road trip thus far with Philip I take a dash board picture. "California or Bust!" had just come out of Philip's mouth.
Fairly unattractive picture of us, but look! There's a Frozen Banana Stand!
Oh, and apparently when I don't blow dry or straighten my hair when it's humid I look like I am trying to pull off "The Rachel". 8 years to late Melissa, 8 years too late.
Oh, and look at the adorable couple in the background. Tender!
Sara and I really wanted to roast marshmallows on the beach, but we settled for the barbeque on the patio. They were delightful nevertheless.
We maybe were a little impatient with the coals so we stuck like every paper we could find in there so that we could to try to make a fire. Then we gave up and went inside and 10 minutes later Jason told us that our efforts paid off! That was when Sara realized that "Ready in Ten Minutes" which is what it said on the bag, means just that, ready in ten mintues.
Oh bliss, one of my favorite parts of the week was our morning bike rides! Oh, and this is a good picture to see where we were in relation to the beach. The brick wall is our patio and the beach is behind the house across the street. It was awesome.
Down at the pier where we would get corndogs and funnel cake. And I might have been wearing a sweater because it was below 80 degrees, which means I was cold.
THE BEACH!
And here are a few of my favorite beach things:
reading lots,
Beach feet when the sand doesn't stick to toenail polish,
and of course the guy on the left's furry vest.
We met up with my very cute friend, Melissa and hung out one afternoon. She is so ridiculously adorable, and I had almost forgotten how much I like her since I don't get to hang out with her anymore. Boo.
And here's her kiddo, Jack, who I would like to claim as my own. Shoot, I threw her baby shower so that makes me like his God Mother, right Melis?
Anyways, he is the definition of adorable, and she is definiteion of adorable mom.
.
I wanted Jack and Oakley to hang out because they are practically twins thinking that they are so big and being SOOO busy, but that didn't happen, waah.
I really like Oakley too, so I have lots of pictures of him...
And I'm the best aunt ever because I gave him a fudgecicle, his first ever I would like to think...
And he liked it a lot.
For some reason this is the only picture that I got of the whole group of us. It makes me laugh so hard because we were having a splendid time, and Oakley was being a baby A-hole, which is obvious in this picture.
Next stop: DISNEYLAND!!!
Does anyone else think that the tram into the park is like the first ride of the day and get all excited? I do!
The first of our churros that day...
Ahh look, we're in love or something.And then we have lots of random and fairly bad pictures of us that I took lots of with my arm sticking out or asked a stranger to take...neither of which result in good pictures.
My eyes look extremely creepy in this one...
Oh, and I just remembered a nerdy story. So we were walking along in TomorrowLand, and this guy walks by wearing a shirt that said, in all of it's awesomeness, "I'm A Keeper." So then, thinking that I was very clever, I said to Philip, "Look, that kid plays Quidditch." And then we laughed and gave each other Harry Potter High Fives. It was awsome, and we are nerds.
And that's it!!! Hopefully you enjoyed our trip vicariously through my pictures, which is only fair seeing as how I live vicariously through all of your more exciting than mine lives!
Um, so then I came home and did laundry, and lots of it. And I...er went to work today to find 25 messages waiting for me, and bundles and bundles of mail that took me all morning to go through. SOOO back to life as usual I guess.
Anyhoo, have a great day everyone! I hope you enjoyed!
20 comments:
Yay! You're back! It was a long blogging week without you...meaning there was hardly anything worth checking online, since I knew you wouldn't have added a comment to anything I posted, and you wouldn't have posted anything new of your own, so, yeah, it was sad.
Your trip looks like it was fantastic. I like a lot of your pictures and stories, but I think my two favorites are the guy with the hairy vest, and you with the crazy eyes. So great.
Ahhhh. Now we are satisfied because we know what happened to our cousins for the last week. and p.s. Thanks for appreciating the "naughty licks" story. Amanda said it wasn't classy. Boo.
looks so much fun! I am definitely jealous. Thank you for the banana stand comment, and thank you for the Harry Potter joke, amen.
Welcome home! K, so first off: I might have just had a moment of silence & imagined myself, my, & chloe taking a morning bike ride in cali/80 degree breeze...and became extremely jealous! (: Glad you had a happy vacay w/ the fam. second of all: oakley, you're adorable. thirdly: whatever about your house! you have the cutest things in your casa that i enlarge pictures on your blog to copy, so there. (: Have a great tuesday, i look forward to checking your blog & not seeing the same post/remembering you were on vacation. that was sad. later!
Baby A-hole?! That's seriously hilarious and my nieces/nephews every other day. That's why being an Aunt is the best- we just love them and spoil them, then don't really have to deal with them being naughty. Haha, suckers!
Oh, and did you know I have that same over-tank that you have in green... only mine's black and it looks maternity on me. Tilley's?
How the heck did you guys afford a beach house?? I am SO jealous, still. {obviously}
Oh yeah, and chapter 4, verse 9 of this comment: Have you applied to hygiene school yet??? I thought it was the end of July...?
Ode to the beach. Lets go back, today. Who needs work?
Re: pictures, so the one of us on the bikes, is that the day that you said I looked hung over? Because you're right, apparently sunglasses don't hide wakeup face.
Yes, lets go back, babyfinder is gone now.
Hello hello! Looks like you had a fabulous trip! AND...I am jealous you got to hang out with Melissa...dang you! =) And yes I am living vicariously through you...being that we live off one income, we are poor and cant take a trip to California!! boohoo for Gina! Anyways, hope you guys are doing GRRR-EAT!!!! Miss you and hopefully talk to you soon.
Dear Jack's God Mother-
I'm so glad you posted all of your pictures from CA. That was so sweet of you two to drive down to Laguna to meet up with me at 3 Arch Bay! I had so much fun. Sorry about Gelson's taking forever and a half! Jack loved spending time with you guys! You both are so much fun! Thanks for such a great day at the beach! Love you guys! I miss you already! It looks like you guys had a blast at D-land. I'm so glad you came down. What a fun experience. You deserved it after all your hard work!
Your trip looks like you had so much fun. We had to stay home and do nothing. Don't tell Kris because he gets mad, we bought furniture instead of spending money on a trip.
Anyways I am way jealous, the beach is my favorite place! Glad you are back.
how am i jeal? let me count the ways...1} you went to cali. it's been a sad almost year since we have been 2} i would love to be as thin as you and not look like a cow in jeans :) and 3} disneyland! jackson and i have yet to go to disneyland together. congrats on having the trip of the year. looks like it was a blast!
Yeah for vacations! And, I like how you posted a million pics and you look adorable in each one...gotta love Cali
Did you leave this blog today & already have 12 comments? Wow! You are really loved!! I just wanted to say how much I love blogging & that I really really liked your harry Potter joke. I was taking an x-ray today & thinking of your made up HP & Voldermort bowling game & I laughed... good times)
Can we all just leave our jobs/responsibilities and move to the beach? We could get annual passes to Disneyland and run to all the rides! That would rock! I'm so glad you guys are back, I had the most boring week ever! You guys are the cutest kids ever! Way to be totally MFEO!
sorry but my favorite out of the pictures was the disgruntled girl in the background of your churro pictures. she gets a gold star for the day! so, plans fell out for location of the cousin party.. Rachel's b-day is today and she is going out drinking with her friends on saturday (oh wait...not she's not)anyways she can't come so we can't party under the ramada and uncle neil's. So we could have it at my house or Sara's or somebodys... let me know what you think cause I just really want to hang out:)
You're quick, you're very quick. Can't get any sarcasm past you :) just kidding. Yes I'll see you tomorrow night. And, I think you should check your email if you haven't already, because there is one other item of business I need to discuss with you.
Okay, worship the baby a-hole comment. But I can't see any mother over the age of 50ish really appreciating that comment? And tell me what books you guys read. Now!
You're pictures are really cute Melisa, makes me want to go to Disneyland!
Wow what a fun trip. I would love to be there right... now! Especially cause my 2 year old keeps yelling "mommy, mommy turn on the movie, mommy, mommy listen to me." I guess I should listen to my child. You look great babe and your other half looks nice too. I started a blog, yea! Come check me, I mean my family out. Can't wait to hear from you.
Cassie (Stark) Ross
thanks phillissa. you're the best. too bad you're way more adorable than I am. thanks for wishing jack a happy birthday! you're so sweet!
Post a Comment