Monday, January 31, 2011

Party at our house...

Okay, there isn't a party that is currently planned that is at our house, but that is what I say whenever people see our backyard. It is a party. And since it is the only part of our house that is "done" you get a tour of the backyard.
This is what you see when you walk out our back doors. I think our future children did heavenly high fives when they saw this thing for the first time. It is seriously a kid magnet, which would be bad if we were child molesters, but it is awesome since we are aren't.
Guess who has the prettiest grass? Us. Because it is artificial. At first I was a little leery of that, just because it seems weird. But it is completely maintenance free, and it makes me super happy to look out our back windows and see green all the time. And apparently it costs a pretty penny, and we got it for free/our mortgage! This is our Sport Court. It is basically a court of square plastic tiles that are ideal for playing sports on. Philip told me about 5 years ago that he wanted one someday, and I gave him my standard answer of, "Okay, maybe someday," never really thinking that someday would be now. Anyway, it is super cool and there is a big flood light on the left and according to Philip, our basketball hoop is nice. Another view of the yard. We have citrus. Have I mentioned at least 100 times that I love citrus? Unfortunately since our neighborhood was groves previously, they are all the same, and they are Valencia oranges. Not a single Navel tree. Waaah. But, if you want any Valencias which are great for juicing, please let us know! We have 17 trees and they will be ripe and ready at the end of February. Please. Take. Some.
Pool Party! I wanted a pool. Bad. And I now have one that I don't know anything about. I kind of can't wait until it is hot though so we can use it daily. I think that nightly swims when I get home from work will be in order. And it only took us two months of being in the house to call the pool man and figure this all out!
Isn't the backyard great? Seriously, party at our house. Whenever. Invite yourself over. We love it a ton. In fact, the backyard is what made us want to look at the house to begin with, I saw the pool and the Sport Court and showed Philip and said, "You wanna go see this house?" And it was destiny. :)
I also thought I would introduce you to our garage, which is another highlight for us. After 5 1/2 years of condo living, we were sick to death of the parking lot situation. We now have a garage, which is incredible, and look at one of my favorite parts:
Who would have thought to put a door stopper in? Not me, but it is genius, especially when carrying groceries.
Yay for a three car garage that we can only fit one car in! We didn't realize until after we moved in that Philip's truck is a few inches too long for our garage. Oh well, more room for our bikes and garbage cans.
I love our beautiful built in cabinets! This is one of those things that I would have wanted, but not wanted to spend the money on, so it was definitely an added bonus when we bought the house! And looky! An outside fridge! The previous owners were going to throw it away but asked if we wanted it. Um, hello yes.
Yes we need to put things away. Funny thing is that our cabinets are empty, but we haven't decided where to put anything yet, so everything is still out.
Ta da! We are seriously loving everything about our house (except the microwave, no 30 second button, ugh) and can't wait until it is a little more finished so we can have people over more often! I'm not going to lie though, we feel like we hit the jackpot when it comes to buying houses. We are in love, LOVE, with this place.
Home sweet home indeed.

12 comments:

Sara! said...

I love your yard and am completely jealous. Did you tell the pool man to put the special stuff in that makes the water change colors if it's peed in? You might want to with this crowd you have for family.

Kate said...

I want to come over!!!!

Carol said...

ok so i am sorry i am on your blog. i LOVE LOVE your backyard! how fun! i will invite myself over to sara's one day and then from there we will invite ourselves over to your house! Your backyard is for sure a party backyard.

ps - the only thing i have that you have is the door stop and I love it :)

mollie said...

Oh. My. What a dream of a yard. No really, let's play. Just let me know when and I'm there!

kellibattraw said...

You really did get some awesome bonuses with your house. I wish we lived there because I seriously would be there all the time, especially in the summer. : )

Kristin said...

Isn't it funny how that 30 sec button on the micro can make you sooo happy?!?! Our new house doesn't have one either. Boo! LOVE the new place though. So far...you've wet my palate...now I NEED more!!!

Sheri said...

Your new house is absolutely smashing! LOVE IT! Cant wait to chat about it at my next appt!

james n mary said...

envious of the garage!!! condo living makes us super appreciative of random things =D

Scott and Cheryse said...

Love, love, love it all!! I can't believe everything that was in the backyard. What a great find!!

Stoddard's said...

totally jealous! I'm going to come steal oranges!

HooHoo said...

I'm still thinking you could pull the truck in and do parallel parking across the three car garage. I'm sure it would work.

And maybe for Sara's birthday we could all go together and get her your kind of grass for her back yard. Good idea, huh?

Your yard is a beauty.

Karisa Tomkinson said...

Holy cow! Your place is seriously making me drool! It's gorgeous! Our small apartment here in Cali is so tiny! :( So, when can we come move in? Heck, I'm willing to camp out in your awesome backyard! Ha ha!