Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Inevitable Christmas Post

Our holiday season was lovely, just lovely. It started with the Jones Cousin Christmas party, which of course was incredible, but I didn't take any pictures. The gift exchange can be summed up by mentioning a three foot dream catcher, or rather both of them that were brought by different people and enjoyed immensely by all.
I then had the annual girlfriend Christmas party, which was incredibly fun and entertaining. A few pictures to prove it:
I'm pretty sure that we were supposed to be ugly-ish in this next one, but I might have taken it a little too far:
(my onsie is what I stole at the gift exchange, and it fit me like a glove.)
But Alisse and I look like we're having the time of our lives, right? I know, we're too hot to handle. Be jealous.
And unfortunately for me, this is is completely candid. I'm a dude.
It was an amazing night.
Then of course my family had Christmas Eve bowling, which happened on Christmas Eve Eve this year, which happens to be this cute girl's birthday!
Happy birthday Noelle!
I'm in love with all of these kids.
So every year when bowling, I leave my camera on the table at some point and Sara takes pictures for me, and I always end up with these...of my booty. Weird?
Chase couldn't get enough of the popcorn, I'm fairly convinced that Jake and Natalie hadn't fed him in days. It was hilarious.
And poor Lizzie had just gotten her cast off, and her arm was still too stiff and sore, so she was content to hang out and sip her soda.
And at the very end, because we're super classy, we dug around for as many quarters as we had for the claw game.
Christmas Eve night we had our Lindblom family nativity and gift exchange, which is always fantastic.
Hyrum is super cute, and I kind of couldn't stop watching him when I was supposed to be watching the nativity.
All in all, it was a fun night with our favorite people, thoughtful gifts and adorable kids.
CHRISTMAS GIFT!!!
This year (before we bought our house) we decided that we didn't need more things, and that we would take a trip to New York for Christmas. It was incredible (a post on it to come) but after we bought our house, we realized that we actually needed things. A lot of things. Therefore, our presents were kind of lame and boring, and consisted of house stuff that we needed... but it was just nice to open something on Christmas morning.
Btw, those pots and pans from Costco are amazing.
Shortly after opening all four of our presents, we went to siblings' houses to hang out and watch their kids open presents. Sara's boys might have been the cutest things I had ever seen.
The little boys got fake phones, and they both immediately started saying, "Hallo, hallo, hallo..." kinda the cutest thing ever.
We opened a few presents as well...
And then we went to my parents to exchange gifts. I had Kirk and Aly's family this year, and they got beach chairs! And I swear it isn't because I want to borrow them when we have our family beach trip this summer. :)
Kirk and I tied this year for being the favorite gift giver. Kirk made an amazing picnic table (pictured later) and I made a book of the Family Proclamation with our family pictures in it, which made my mom cry. Mission accomplished.
Lol, I know this picture is blurry, but I love it because Chasey doesn't like most people or things, and Philip tried to love on him and was denied.
And if you want to be a 5 year old's favorite person, give her a ring pop. And then have your husband fake lick her head.
We then had fresh orange julius at the previously mentioned picnic table, and if you weren't in Arizona on Christmas day, you missed the most beautiful weather we've ever had. A bright sunshiney day indeed.
And later that night since we had everyone together, we did a nativity at my parent's as well, which of course was precious.
And we'll end with Chasey, who actually really likes my mom, but then again, who doesn't?
And that's it! I love Christmas and after getting a ton of stuff at Hobby Lobby for 80% off, I'm so excited for next year already!

4 comments:

kellibattraw said...

Fun, fun, fun! I love Christmas posts, maybe even enough to get my rear in gear to post my own.

The Jones Fam said...

Thanks for posting lots of pictures so I can steal them! Well documented sis. Wasn't Christmas fun? I'm already looking forward to next year.

Jake

Kristin said...

I totally bought the first season of COMMUNITY! Ha ha.

HooHoo said...

You are so thorough! I love it. Great post.