Wednesday, September 29, 2010

DC Day Two

Arlington National Cemetary was one of my favorite parts of our trip. I was blown away by the sheer expanse of it, and couldn't stop taking pictures.
Ob- vi-
ous-
ly.
The Kennedy graves
And the Washington Monument in the background.
We also saw the changing of the guard, and luckily I figured out that if I held the capture button down I could take a continuous stream of pictures, which resulted in like 76 pictures in a row, that when flipped through quickly looked like a movie. It was awesome, and here are a select few for your viewing pleasure.
Soooo pretty!
And pay no attention to my weirdy bloat-iness in all the pictures from this day, apparently humidity caused me to retain gallons of water.
The gang hanging out, trying to figure out if we have ever been more miserably hot in our lives.
And that's not sweat on my shirt, it is an abstract flower. But don't worry, every time I wear it I get asked if something spilled on me.
We then headed to the Smithsonian museum of American History, which thankfully was air conditioned, and saw some cool crap.
This was a kid's science kit from the 50's or so, and it was funny to smart kid Philip because he actually knew what these chemicals were and just how dangerous it would be for kids to play with them.
Lincoln's hat that he was wearing when he was shot.
First dental chair, and I felt obligated to take a picture so that I could pretend I love my career as much as Nancie loves hers. I wasn't fooling anyone.
And behind the metallic flag behind us was the original Old Glory, which was seriously a sight to see.
And TA-DA! Done with day two! Definitely a day to remember with all of the amazing things we were able to see. Hold tight for day three!

3 comments:

kellibattraw said...

Again, a bit jealous. : )

Kirk and Aly said...

Wow! I love all the pics! How long did it take you to download them all? Next time, I want to go with you to DC, because when we were there we had your boring tour guide for every one of our tours, everywhere we went. Plus, we didn't see half the cool crap you saw. Jealous!

Helena said...

I'm glad you clarified- I was going to say, that's the prettiest sweat stain I've ever seen.

Thank you for your comment on my blog. It totally made my day.